Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

goji berries
Posted by: iamwhatiam ()
Date: August 24, 2009 12:17AM

so i just bought twice as many goji berries as i thought i bought lol...so now i have a lot. umm....what's the best way to use a lot of them up? smoothie? good recipe you may have? i don't want them to go bad - will they keep long (maybe if i freeze them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: goji berries
Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: August 24, 2009 02:15AM

When I lived in Thailand I used to buy them pretty frequently. Now that I'm in Korea, they're too expensive. But I used to love them in a banana smoothie. I'd soak a handful of berries for an hour or so in plain water, or young cocounut water, just long enough to get them soft, then toss them in the blender with a few bananas. Man did I ever love that taste. Try it out.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Date: August 24, 2009 02:42AM

hey i have bananas, and goji, and i have water smiling smiley i'm gonna try it out. thanks

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: August 26, 2009 03:25PM

They shouldn't go bad for quite awhile. Will last even longer in the fridge or freezer.

Good in desserts too.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: eecho ()
Date: August 26, 2009 03:59PM

You could soak them and drink the soak water... and then use the pulp in a smoothie or something.

Date: August 27, 2009 01:54AM

iamwhatiam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hey i have bananas, and goji, and i have water smiling smiley
> i'm gonna try it out. thanks

Have you tried it out? I'll be in Thailand in a few weeks so hope to have more of the concoction.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Date: August 27, 2009 06:26PM

hey troy! yes! the berries by themselves have an interesting flavor that will take me some getting used to.....but i tried the goji/banana smoothie and it was delicious. a farmer down the road just gave me a stalk of bananas last night, so i guess i'll be having the smoothies for a few days smiling smiley

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: August 27, 2009 08:05PM

It's amazing how your tastes adapt to healthy eating. I use to not like goji berries. Now I love them.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Date: August 28, 2009 08:31AM

A farmer gave you a stock of bananas?! Where are you? Do you mean a bunch, or the stalk with a bunch of bunches on it? Are you in the tropics?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables