Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Magnesium helps digestion
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: August 14, 2017 06:01PM

If you overeat and feel that you went overboard, you may be Mg deficient winking smiley

I just did a big meal, and felt regretful. But I had a weapon! I took a foot soak bath in epsom salt and quickly I could feel how everything normalized.

FYI, this is what I use and works for me. I am not sure if other mg methods would work the same:

[www.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2017 06:02PM by Panchito.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Magnesium helps digestion
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: August 14, 2017 07:09PM

Yes, they did a study on epsom salts and found it present in the blood stream after a while. Perhaps it was done with a full body bath, not just the feet. It is of concern for those too high in certain minerals.

3 tbsp of this hemp protein gives 60% mg, 15g protein, 40%iron, 25% zinc and only 90 calories.
it makes me full for a long time when I make a smoothie with it.

[store.nutiva.com]

also it's a good idea to combine fruit with protein for those with blood sugar issues, as the fruit won't spike blood sugar so much combined with protein.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2017 07:10PM by Tai.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: August 15, 2017 01:01PM

Blessed are those whose spouse can cook

Date: August 15, 2017 04:45PM

Hei Tai. I only use a little. Some people use Cups (way too much). You can also control the amount by time feeling. The longer the time the more absorbed.

As far as blood glucose goes, I think it is good to go higher than normal at least once a day. The reason why is that if there is little dietary sugar, the sugar thermostat rises to compensate. Which means that you actually have higher blood sugar all day long (from muscle) which in turn can cause insulin resistance. People that don't eat sugar from fear of sugar end up with higher blood sugar and deep problems. I think you need to exercise the sugar mechanism at least once daily. The worst cars are from old people that barely press the gas pedals and drive less than 7 miles. The engine never cycles all the way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2017 04:51PM by Panchito.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: August 15, 2017 08:40PM

Panchito
As far as blood glucose goes, I think it is good to go higher than normal at least once a day. The reason why is that if there is little dietary sugar, the sugar thermostat rises to compensate. Which means that you actually have higher blood sugar all day long (from muscle) which in turn can cause insulin resistance. People that don't eat sugar from fear of sugar end up with higher blood sugar and deep problems. I think you need to exercise the sugar mechanism at least once daily.

Tai
Interesting. Where can I read about this more? My friend is afraid of sugar (including fruit) and avoids it and when we both have the same fruit smoothie with some blueberry juice, i feel fine, but he gets terrible insulin resistance to the point of falling asleep in his chair (he also is a meat eater).

For years, I went through a 25 lb bag of oranges once a week mainly for myself. I drank the pure juice straight with no added water and when I combined it, it was with other citrus in addition to the 25 lbs of oranges. I also ate fruit. I never felt insulin resistance, even when I made smoothies. After years of citrus and deeper cleansing, I no longer had any phlegm (just a little bit in the morning when I did in the past) and my pulse teacher stopped saying I had dirty lungs, even though I didn't smoke but I lived in southern california where it can be smoggy with a lot of car exhaust. When the oranges were able to clean out phlegm, i never sensed they were too sweet. But when the oranges were no longer able to cleanse me (after the phlegm had all come out), the orange juice tasted too sweet to me. Now I prefer to eat oranges or mix the orange juice with something else. During the right seasons, I am going to try to make a lot of juice with the sweet lemons which have no citric acid but a lot of vitamin c. I will see what effect they have. Although they are sweet, they are not as sweet as oranges. they are mildly sweet.

Brian Clement ate tons of fruit when he was younger and then turned against fruit when he was older, but he may not realize that the fruit cleansed him when he was younger. Also, his wife grew up in Sweden, where it's cold and probably not much fruit and she complained of headaches with dried fruit, so she became leary of fruit.

Panchito
The worst cars are from old people that barely press the gas pedals and drive less than 7 miles. The engine never cycles all the way.

Tai
Really? Good to know.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: August 16, 2017 12:13AM

When your body is cleansed fruit is fine and it will keep you clean.

I cannot give up fruits for the sake of longevity

It is important to add other foods like living micro greens from indoor garden

Date: August 16, 2017 02:23AM

Tai,

journal.diabetes.org/diabetesspectrum/00v13n3/pg132.htm

With insulin deficiency, the oxidation of branched chain amino acids in muscle and uptake of alanine (the principle glycogenic amino acid) by the liver is accelerated, resulting in increased gluconeogenesis and augmented protein catabolism.18 The accompanying rise in glucose levels is most likely due to an increased conversion of ingested protein into glucose and to a decreased glucose removal rate. In subjects with diabetes who had insulin withheld for 24 hours, there was a three- to fourfold increase in liver glucose output after protein ingestion.19 However, in the presence of insulin, alanine uptake by the liver is virtually zero,20 and hepatic glucose production falls by 85%.21

Does protein slow the absorption of carbohydrate?

In the study by Nuttall et al.,10 when protein and glucose were combined, the peak response was similar to the peak response of glucose alone. That is, adding protein to carbohydrate did not slow the absorption or peak of the glucose response. (Figure 1).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2017 02:23AM by Panchito.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables