Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Where can I go to learn simple but tasty raw vegan meals?
Posted by: Niick ()
Date: September 16, 2017 12:37AM

I want to be a raw vegan for health and spiritual reasons, but I don't know how to make vegan meals that actually taste good. I don't like learning this stuff from books or youtube videos. I want to go somewhere where I can get some hands on experience.

I thought about going to the Hippocrates Health Institute, but I seriously doubt they teach you how to make meals that actually taste good. I figure they probably focus on the basics like how to make nut milk, grow your own sprouts and wheatgrass. They probably don't focus on how to prepare meals that taste good.

I also hate recipes that have a lot of ingredients or ingredients that are hard to find.

Does anybody know where I can go to learn simple but tasty raw vegan meals?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where can I go to learn simple but tasty raw vegan meals?
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: September 16, 2017 04:10AM

Living Light Culinary Institute: The #1 raw foods diet (non) cooking school. Raw food certification classes, training, ... Fort Bragg, CA 95437 ...

Niick, I have not been to Fort Brag in six years, But the food was very good.

The school is in an old historic building very close to the coast.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: September 16, 2017 02:24PM

Niick
I want to be a raw vegan for health and spiritual reasons, but I don't know how to make vegan meals that actually taste good. I don't like learning this stuff from books or youtube videos. I want to go somewhere where I can get some hands on experience.

I thought about going to the Hippocrates Health Institute, but I seriously doubt they teach you how to make meals that actually taste good. I figure they probably focus on the basics like how to make nut milk, grow your own sprouts and wheatgrass. They probably don't focus on how to prepare meals that taste good.

I also hate recipes that have a lot of ingredients or ingredients that are hard to find.

Does anybody know where I can go to learn simple but tasty raw vegan meals?

Nature

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: September 16, 2017 02:48PM

Yes and naturally delicious

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: September 16, 2017 03:45PM

The funny thing is, is that none of the raw vegan staple foods actually grow "naturally" in nature with the exception of some fruits.

Amen to Living Light.

Date: September 16, 2017 04:26PM

Regarding nature

The secondary location or method for a meal is what's called a food store.

Walk in pick out foods that appeal, and eat.

Any need or desire to "make" something is addiction or poor food choice

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: September 16, 2017 05:02PM

Maybe the guy or gal wants to make foods that appeal to the mainstream and mimic their favorites? No need to shoot them down with your "natural" rhetoric.

And no a "food store" is hardly natural. There is a ton of farming/shipping/trucking going on to what amounts to forcing and raping the Earth to produce those "natural" foods, not to mention the demeaning jobs everyone is working to get those "natural" foods to you...

Date: September 16, 2017 05:34PM

NuNativs
Maybe the guy or gal wants to make foods that appeal to the mainstream and mimic their favorites? No need to shoot them down with your "natural" rhetoric.

It's my opinion.shooting someone down is your characterization.

It makes it harder to do when you make "meals".

And no a "food store" is hardly natural. There is a ton of farming/shipping/trucking going on to what amounts to forcing and raping the Earth to produce those "natural" foods, not to mention the demeaning jobs everyone is working to get those "natural" foods to you...

Who said it had to be natural?
Only you.
I said nature first to give a one word answer to make the person think outside of this raw food prep nonsense.
Secondly any food store.
Pick and eat.

The question was about taste. The assumption is that raw foods don't taste good.
Copying cooked is counterproductive
You're obsessed with shooting down anyone with your nature rhetoric.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2017 05:36PM by fresh.

Posted by: Niick ()
Date: September 16, 2017 07:06PM

I have already tried a few recipes that copy some cooked food and I was disappointed, so I don't see the point of doing that. It's obviously going to taste different the the cooked version.

On one hand I really don't like spending time in the kitchen preparing meals. I also don't like meals with lots of ingredients or hard to find ingredients. But on the other hand I also don't enjoy eating fruits or vegetables by themselves. I do like a few fruits like watermellon, grapes, apple. I will eat those by themselves - they make good afternoon snacks. Most vegetables and leafy greens don't taste good by themselves. Salads need dressings and most of the dressings I like are unhealthy.

I still eat meat because fruits and vegetables don't seem to fill me up for very long and I don't want to have eat all day long. Eat a salad or a smoothie and you're hungry again two hours later. I would like to find alternatives to eating meat.

So I guess I'd like to learn how to make salads that taste good, along with dressings. And some quick meals that taste good, require few ingredients and fill you up.

I have heard of living light culinary institute. That might be a better option than hippocrates health institute, I don't know.

Date: September 16, 2017 07:26PM

Others here will help you.
But the sensation and need of being filled up is a cooked food sensation. There's plenty of raw dressings on the internet.
Fruits and veggies satisfy fully after your body adjusts.

and it all depends on whether you want to go all raw or not.

if all raw, you don't replace meat.
you eat lighter raw plants, including salads or blended smoothies or juices greens or whatever.

if you don't want to go all raw it's extremely easy, just eat potatoes, rice, beans, tempeh, etc. to "replace" meat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2017 07:31PM by fresh.

Date: September 16, 2017 10:16PM

Dressings
Blend tomato with mango

Or blend mango with celery

Blend red pepper, 5 dates and half an orange

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: September 16, 2017 10:39PM

LOU CORONA in orange county, CA, has an amazing food class. Healthy and delicious and filling.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables