Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Iris color change from eating RAW
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 10, 2009 03:30PM

Hi there-

Has anyone had there eyes change color as a result of eating raw? I've read from many RAW websites that individuals claim that their iris' have lightened, from brown to green and sometimes blue.

If anyone has noticed this in their eyes, can you maybe post a before & after pic of your eyes refelecting the iris color change?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Iris color change from eating RAW
Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: September 10, 2009 05:18PM

My eyes become clearer and then stronger and a more intense blue when i eat a totally raw diet.
I think it would be difficult to tell from a photograph. you need to be close to the person to see the difference.
ffx

Date: November 06, 2009 02:04AM

The blue part of my eyes seems to be getting larger. The hazel ring around the center of the irises smaller. I am about 75% raw.

Date: November 06, 2009 02:58AM

In all the time I was 100% raw or high raw my eyes never changed a bit. Brown from the day I was born.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 06, 2009 03:19AM

That's not been my own experience/observation - although certainly not beyond the realm of possibility! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: November 06, 2009 03:25AM

The explanation for the eye color change lies in iridology - each part of the body has a coresponding spot in the iris and the health of the body part can be determined by examining it's the spot of the iris.
[en.wikipedia.org]

This site (at the very bottom) shows a blue eye that is covered with brown and notes that:
[www.chironhealthcare.com]
"Many people with brown eyes actually have blue eyes with a brown or gold overlay. The brown or gold indicates toxin accumulation in their connective tissue. This is a very common sign, and one that is quite easy to see even without an iriscope. The iris at left is one example of this."

So as people get healthier, the brown or gold covering clears and you can see the original color of the iris!

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 06, 2009 09:01AM

yes my brown eyes grew a little lighter and i got lots of golden flecks and sunflowers in them.

Posted by: polskadot ()
Date: November 08, 2009 05:14PM

Similarly--has anyone experienced improvements in their eyesight from eating raw? That's one positive effect I'm hoping for!

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: November 08, 2009 07:58PM

I actually have. I used to need glasses for the computer. A very very mild perscription, but now I don't need them. I think I was just missing an essential vitamin, restored it, and it solved that problem. But again, it was a very mild RX.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: November 08, 2009 09:00PM

A friend of mine went raw a few months ago. She has experienced many health improvements, but most significantly, she threw away her glasses. Says as long as she stays raw, her eyes are perfect, and she actually notices the difference if she cheats. I think this happened about five or six months into being 100% raw for her. I think she looks 10 years younger, her skin just glows! (40's)

On the negative side, she has gained 30 lb now. I can't explain it, and she is very unhappy about it. Of course the people who work at the gym where she works out all tell her she is having too many "carbs", and they are totally opposed to her eating bananas at all, but I don't think it would be possible to design a low carb raw vegan program, even if you wanted to. (aren't most fruits and vegetables technically "carbs"?) She recently had dental surgery, and has been practically living on smoothies the past few weeks, and she makes them predominantly vegetable - she is a little afraid of too much fruit.

I know she used to eat a lot of nuts, but she also works out more than two hours a day, so I can't see what it could be. She has promised to keep a diary for a week, and see if I can spot the problem there, so maybe that will show something.

Oh yeah, I thought this was interesting - she used to have unbelievable trouble with nightshades - they would bring on attacks of arthritis that were downright crippling for her. She avoided them for years, but this past summer, she told me she ate so many tomatoes she worried if it was possible to overdose on tomatoes. No problem at all - interesting, hey?

Weird, I just don't know what to tell her. At first, I thought it was just temporary, an adjustment, but now, I just don't know.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: November 09, 2009 07:13PM

I actually got green eyes, maybe at the blue tendency. but my intestines (close to the pupil) are most toxicated, therefore the strong blue part. I also got the "cramp rings".

I heard that these signs are "genetic tendencies" to have problems. Like you are getting arthritis if you continue to eat meat etc etc.

Posted by: jamielor ()
Date: November 09, 2009 09:31PM

I have brown eyes so the clarity changes more than the color.
Coloring is more even and consistant with no spots along the iris.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables