Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Lupus treatment with RAW diet
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: October 07, 2009 11:38PM

One of my relatives is a healthy woman in her early 40's who just told me tonight that she and her doctor were surprised when a dermatology biopsy for a minor skin rash turned out to be lupus. More tests are ordered to, of course, confirm one way or the other. However she is a basket case, understandably. My heart broke for her because she is a healthy, beautiful, active woman who said she had been noticing fatigue and joint pain and body aches. She is a typical deeply Pennsylvania Dutch local with the standard traditional diet heavy in dairy, meats, and pork/ham. After sharing encouragement with her, I told her that if that was indeed the final diagnosis, that I was ready to help her fight it (by helping her learn about a Vegan RAW diet).

My question is this....... Are there any members on this forum who have personally treated this disease with the RAW diet or know of anyone who has?

Looking for help and support. Will keep you posted when I know more. Thanks so much.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lupus treatment with RAW diet
Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: October 08, 2009 07:06AM

I would really love information about lupus also - a neighbor has it, and he is a young man who went to high school with my kids - just graduated. It has been a terrible and difficult journey for him, and he is such a nice and very smart kid, I would like nothing better than for him to find ways to deal with this devastating condition!

I am not clear on exactly what diet he follows, his family is Korean, I think, and doesn't speak English very well, so I haven't gotten to know the parents. (so I think his mom probably prepares some fairly traditional Korean type foods). But the son is brilliant, and helped my kids so much with their studies over the years. It astonishes me how well he has done considering that he has missed so much time at school thoughout his high school years.

It is absolutely so unfair that something like this so often affects those people with the greatest potential. So tragic!

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: October 10, 2009 04:07AM

Max Gerson had great success treating lupus with a raw food diet.

I recommend reading the excerpt from the autobiography of Dr. Ferdinand Sauerbruch on this page:

[gerson-research.org]

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 14, 2009 12:43PM

Dr. Fuhrman has treated people with Lupus successfully. There is a section in his book 'Fasting and Eating for health' starting on page 159. It is interesting that there are some raw foods which need to be avoided for lupus sufferers eg alfalfa sprouts, celery, parsnips and figs.(he explains why) However I suggest you get the book as there is quite a lot of detailed info in it.

hope this helps

Posted by: ScubaSteve ()
Date: November 25, 2009 03:14PM

Joel Fuhrman, MD in his book, "Fasting And Eating For Health"n says,

As soon as a person is diagnosed with lupus, he or she should immediately begin a medically supervised fast to initiate a remission. Breaking the fast carefully under proper guidance is extremely important. Upon completion of the fast the following foods should be avoided for a prolonged period of time:

1. All animal foods, including dairy and eggs
2. All legumes, except for peas and lima beans
3. Celery, corn, alfalfa sprouts, mushrooms, spinach and figs.

Exposure to chemicals should be carefully avoided as well. Specifically avoid cigarette smoke, hair dyes and pesticides. All plant food should be organically grown or pesticide-free.

When a physician pays close attention to the causes of lupus and concentrates on detoxification through fasting and diet, the results are predictable. However, when the disease has advanced and the patient has been taking toxic medication for years, the results are more unpredictable and less favorable.Even so, a natural approach should still be tried in advanced cases becasue improvment and remissions are still possible.

Sarah, a 37-year-old woman, was diagnosed with lupus in 1987. She had been treated with numerous potent medications to suppress inflammation. She did not improve. By 1992 she suffered from neurological complications. She also complained of joint and chest pain. [At this point she came to see Dr. Fuhrman.]

After undergoing a 20 day fast in the fall of 1992, she was placed on a low-fat, low-protein diet, specifically devoid of dairy products. Although initially weak from her underlying disease and fasting, she rapidly regained her strength. She was now off all medications and all her lupus symptoms had resolved. Moreover, her lupus antibody level and ANA titer (a measure of disease activity), both previously high, tested normal.

Though this approach might seem highly unusual to some it is not only safer than current treatments, but also, when started early in the disease process, can offer complete remission from the disease. The patient can live a completely normal life free of both the effects of the disease and the effects of the toxic drug treatments.

The above is from the book, "Fasting And Eating For Health" by Joel Fuhrman, MD pages 161 and 162

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2009 03:15PM by ScubaSteve.

Posted by: ScubaSteve ()
Date: November 25, 2009 04:00PM

Another option is offered here
[www.truehealth.org]

I prefer Dr. Fuhrman's approach myself

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2009 04:03PM by ScubaSteve.

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 25, 2009 09:21PM

AWESOME information! THANK YOU !! =) I haven't heard any latest updates from my relative lately, but am armed with information and supoprt if she needs me. The information is awesome and certainly applies to OTHER conditions as well. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables