Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

chili in eyes
Posted by: iamwhatiam ()
Date: October 08, 2009 07:16PM

not sure where to ask about this...but if there are any herbalist on here. have you ever heard of making eye drops of chili pepper and turmeric to help with vision. someone told me about this and i'm not sure how it will work. any thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: chili in eyes
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: October 08, 2009 07:20PM

Never heard about it, but all I can think of is ..... OUCH !!!!!! Please make sure to research this theory extensively before causing irreparable damage to your eyes and vision! That's sounds so scary!!

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 08, 2009 07:44PM

Look up the Bates method for techniques to improve nearsighted and farsighted vision. I've used these techniques and have seen improvement in my vision.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 08, 2009 08:56PM

I agree with plainlydressed--chili oil is extremely caustic and could permanently damage your cornea if the wrong amount/variety/infusion is used. Where on earth did you hear this? It sounds totally urban myth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2009 08:56PM by Tamukha.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: October 08, 2009 08:59PM

I have heard of using cayenne pepper (OUCH) in the eyes. Can see myself doing that, but the Bates method as Bryan suggested is a great method that I have been doing (somewhat) not really very regularly...

Look at my Calcium Bentonite Clay thread in the "Other health related" section...

Posted by: iamwhatiam ()
Date: October 09, 2009 02:02AM

hey thank you everyone for the replies! i'll definitely check out the bates method.
and a hawaiian herbal medicines teacher at the university here is the one i heard it from. i don't think he'd be telling his students something that would permanently mess up their eyes.... but i would just like to do a little more research before i try it. smiling smiley

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: October 09, 2009 03:51AM

Please don't ever put chili in your eyes.

Supposedly clever people have given all sorts of crazy advice over the years, to the terrible detriment of people who have followed it.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 09, 2009 03:57AM

capsicum is what they use in pepper spray

its what people put in other people's eyes as a form of defense because they know it will ATTACK ( underline....) ATTACK their eyes

in my opinion, something used to attack someone

is not the best choice for eye health

try internal not external stuff

a good thing is to have the liver in top condition

the window to the eye is through the liver

try dandelion instead..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables