Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Garden Diet
Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: October 14, 2009 03:36PM

Hi there,
Sorry to post a negative comment here, but I have had a terrible experience with this company(The Garden Diet)!! Has anyone else ever ordered from them or had any encounters with this family? I am blown away and amazed at the lack of respect or follow through. I spent $40 and ordered 4 items. I received ONE!!!! They will not respond to my emails, AND to top it all off, I lost $30! I feel like it was all a total scam, and now that I have been through this, I can't even find any value in the one other product I did receive. Okay, enuogh about that, just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything otherwise. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Garden Diet
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 15, 2009 08:48AM

i think communitybuilder had some run in with them, maybe send him a note and ask .. [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

thats sucks you losing out on some $$$ hope you get it worked out, Personally i dont trust any sites that dont freely give you a phone number to contact about orders.

maybe try and contact them at their sites registered owners

Domain name: thegardendiet.com

Registrant Contact:
The Garden Diet
Johanna Talifero ()

Fax:
226 W. Ojai Ave.
Suite 101 - #178
Ojai, CA 93023
US

Technical Contact:
The Garden Diet
Johanna Talifero (webmaster@thegardendiet.com)
+1.8057987893
Fax:
226 W. Ojai Ave.
Suite 101 - #178
Ojai, CA 93023
US

Name Servers:
NS1.SECURE.NET
NS2.SECURE.NET

Creation date: 25 Oct 2001 23:05:45
Expiration date: 25 Oct 2009 23:05:45

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: pippynostockings ()
Date: October 18, 2009 01:37PM

As much as I love them and their site, it was true for me as well. I ordered something, and they never sent it.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 18, 2009 02:19PM

pippynostockings Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .......I ordered something, and they
> never sent it.
I've followed their website a little bit. They
seem very disorganized with all those babies, and so much
going. He interviewed his brother, and didn't know the right
questions to ask....WY

Posted by: jamielor ()
Date: October 18, 2009 04:23PM

They sent me the wrong product and although I emailed them and attempted to get them to send me the right one numerous times they never did.

Posted by: sgc ()
Date: October 19, 2009 07:42AM

Surely they look really disorganized to their website.
But look at his so called "green building design". Amazing, a guy talking about green building out of concrete!! Sounds to me his didn't do all his homework of this, and thinks green building is a nice drawing of a house on a rock, more or less... Not professional for sure, and I would recommend not to order a house design from him imo.

Raw Fruit Festival
[www.raw-fruit-festival.net]
Health, Fitness and Fasting Retreats in Spain
[www.fit-in-nature.net]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 19, 2009 01:10PM

sgc,

The el-camacho site doesn't inspire confidence; the pages loaded in different languages--luckily, I know Spanish and can muddle through reading French! It all seems a tad, um, haphazard, so I would be very wary of ordering anything from these people, although I support their "vision" and wish them all luck : )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2009 01:11PM by Tamukha.

Posted by: sgc ()
Date: October 20, 2009 09:11AM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sgc,
>
> The el-camacho site doesn't inspire confidence;
> the pages loaded in different languages--luckily,
> I know Spanish and can muddle through reading
> French!

Maybe just because I never had time to finish the site, but I'm not selling anything to anybody, just trying to share my experience of life in nature, out of all red (phone, electric, water...). If you can manage to build a house, take care of an orchard, a veggie farm and a one year old baby at the same time and complete a website, good for you. I can't, so I passed on the last one, even if the desire is here.
I think that's what is missing in the garden diet: recognize they can't do everything, and should do less better, than try a lot ...

Raw Fruit Festival
[www.raw-fruit-festival.net]
Health, Fitness and Fasting Retreats in Spain
[www.fit-in-nature.net]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 20, 2009 01:02PM

SGC,

Totally agreed with you on doing fewer things better : ) I do hope they streamline things, because clearly, it's not helping their cause to puzzle/vexate people.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: October 20, 2009 01:14PM

A couple years ago I ordered the breakthrough DVD and it came just fine

Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: October 20, 2009 02:04PM

I ordered an ebook once from them and couldn't access it. Then I emailed them and they got back with me and sent the link, but it had gone to my SPAM folder. I was getting mad, when I finally checked that folder and found the email communication from them. Make sure you check your spam folder for emails from them. I really liked my ebook.

Posted by: polskadot ()
Date: October 27, 2009 06:21PM

I've never ordered anything from them, but I signed up for their "daily inspiration" emails. I signed up probably 2 weeks ago and have received about 3 emails. Not so "daily" after all. Not to mention, 1 out of the 3 emails was essentially an advertisement for their latest film. Not very inspiring.

Though I guess I shouldn't really complain, considering they offer these emails for free. But still, don't offer something if you can't follow through with it.

Posted by: Nyaz ()
Date: November 01, 2009 11:53PM

Hey polskadot,
I also get their "daily inspirations" and found that, for some reason, they sometimes go into my spam folder. I thought for long time that I had been unsubscribed, but then realized they were in the spam folder. It probably has to do with how many recipients your email allows per email/how many people they emailed that day in your batch. Anyway, don't know if that helps, but I usually get one every few days, if not every day.

I ordered their e-books years ago, they came just fine. Although, there was no sending involved! LOL!

-Nyaz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2009 11:54PM by Nyaz.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 25, 2009 05:50AM

They do not have much respect for their customers. Just be glad you didn't invest money in one of their ventures. I know a man who gave them a large sum of money which was spent on cello lessons for Storm, karate classes for his son, rent for an expensive house with a pool & cases of oranges, nuts, coconuts, etc.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 27, 2009 05:06PM

I, too, ordered a couple of ebooks from them. I didn't receive until three emails later and with no explanation or apology. Then they expired. I may be unfamiliar with how ebooks should work but I paid for them and thought I could access them anytime I wanted without losing them. Not so. I hope they check in here and read what some of us have experienced.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables