Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

BMs During Juice Fast
Posted by: petrichor ()
Date: October 21, 2009 02:38PM

Things haven't been moving through as much as I'd like them to. Yesterday almost nothing passed, and typically I'll have one movement a day and again, very small, very loose. I realize this could be due to my partial obstruction in my small instestine, I'm just concerned I'm going to have a build up of toxins that will either sit or be reabsorbed. Wondering if a saltwater flush would be beneficial or if that would not be recommended with the partial obstruction? What about organic laxative teas? I just don't want to cause any stress to the small intestine... Any suggestions- or should I just keep juicing and waiting??

BTW- I have been drinking 2-2.5 quarts of juice daily with lots of warm water or herbal tea in between.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BMs During Juice Fast
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 21, 2009 02:53PM

My own personal experience/opinion is that a series of gentle colonic treatments, coupled with your juice fasting should do the trick.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: petrichor ()
Date: October 21, 2009 02:59PM

Actually that reminds me- I am unable to do colonics due to a past surgery in 2004- had a small bowel ressection - no longer have an iliocecal valve, so back up is a concern and therefore, colonics are not recommended. sad smiley

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 21, 2009 03:26PM

Because you are just juicing you are having no fibre so there is nothing making the bowel move.

I doubt you are getting a build up of toxins - presumable you are urinating normally?

Bowel movements stop during a fast and I should imagine they pretty much stop when just juicing - there must be loads of people on here who know.

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: October 21, 2009 08:11PM

Even with strained juices I ended up having a bowel movement but not one every day. In the beginning it was every day then it became less frequent. It was actually about a week and a half between my last bowel movents and it was kind of a bad scene. It wa small very hard one and I got a ruptured hemmorrhoid from it. I can only assume it is because I drink so much in the way of greens juices and the high iron content. I drank plenty of distilled water as well. I think I'll be ending it tonight with some lovely tuscan melon. 30 days down with the last three as a water fast.

I did notice that, at least for me, fresh apple juice passes through me and was a natural way to empty out. I worked a lot for that week and a half and was unable to consume my apple-ginger juice. I'll know better for the next fast. Good luck.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: October 21, 2009 08:25PM

You might want to add some soft fruits like mangos and papayas for fiber and continue to drink plenty of fresh made juice to keep your calories up. A good place to start experimenting to find a combination of fiber & juice that works for you might be around 50%/50% of each. Good luck.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: October 25, 2009 06:50AM

I would suggest reading some of Herbert Shelton's diaries about fasting and bowel activity.

It makes sense that more movements are frequent in the beginning where there are foods backed up in the colon, and later on, where really old impacted stuff gets knocked out. It is common to go for several days without moving anything, and he is of the opinion the body passes everything when it is ready. There are different opinions out there about colonics... why to do them, why not to do them.

A friend and I recently learned a little trick that worked wonders when he was "stuck" in his fast, and was so powerful that I actually quit mine--take the 12 Apple Challenge. I normally need large quantities of juice on a feast, but this was the first time I ever tried straight apples...

I was essentially running to the toilet nonstop for two days, and it got my friend moving again. It was too powerful for another person who tried, too.

It was actually somewhat unpleasant, so one may want to experience with a lower number of apples, and slowly work up until one finds results without the discomfort of 12 apples ruthlessly purging the body. angry smiley

Raw apple juice is also used in the apple/olive oil/epsom salt liver cleanse. It is potent!! Do not underestimate the potency!! Do not be fooled by the seasonal deliciousness that you should KEEP drinking until you have unwittingly sucked back the sweet nectar of 12 apples!! The trees are laughing!!

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: October 25, 2009 05:31PM

That's what I was saying in my post above ... about the apple juice. I learned that ten apples really did the trick on me.

I am already missing my juice fast. I have been going through withdrawel of the great energy level that I had before. I had lost 36 pounds and only gained four back in a week. I figure that's just from the solids in me. I just added juice back in with the solids today. I'll probably do one month out of every three on juice. I love it!

Good luck with your fasting and ... Apples do work!

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: October 26, 2009 12:02AM

I have a bowel disease and I find that "Natural Calm" brand magnesium powder works much better than a saltwater flush. Saltwater flushes make me gag. You might give it a try. Fir me it only takes 2-3 tsp a day in a glass of water.

petrichor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Things haven't been moving through as much as I'd
> like them to. Yesterday almost nothing passed, and
> typically I'll have one movement a day and again,
> very small, very loose. I realize this could be
> due to my partial obstruction in my small
> instestine, I'm just concerned I'm going to have a
> build up of toxins that will either sit or be
> reabsorbed. Wondering if a saltwater flush would
> be beneficial or if that would not be recommended
> with the partial obstruction? What about organic
> laxative teas? I just don't want to cause any
> stress to the small intestine... Any suggestions-
> or should I just keep juicing and waiting??
>
> BTW- I have been drinking 2-2.5 quarts of juice
> daily with lots of warm water or herbal tea in
> between.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables