Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw turkey tail
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: February 08, 2019 06:28PM

I got a new one for you.

Yes.

Turkey tail mushrooms.

I have been eating fresh turkey tail raw a little each day for over a week. I got some growing out of nowhere. I never thought such tough mushrooms could be eaten raw but they are new and emerging and I am chewing them in the young stage while they are still flexible. I am chewing with my wisdom teeth because they are still growing, hard to reach and they need the stimulation AND they need the extra medicine. So far, I have had no bad reactions whatsoever, the way I once had eating raw shitake. And by the way, when the lion's mane mushrooms is ultra ripe with perfect hydration, it's fine raw too.

Anyway, I chew the mushroom until it become a liquid puree before I swallow. It does liquify through chewing and it doesn't take long. I'll make a video when they grow a bit larger.

[eattheplanet.org]

Let me explain what nowhere means. There is a dead small tree and I kept feeding the squirrels and birds on that tree. Many different squirrels would come onto the dead branches to eat the peanut butter, coconut and other things I would leave and many different birds would come to eat the mix of seeds, such as doves, wild red finches, and other types. I never expected anything in return for feeding these little ones. But suddenly a vast amount of turkey tail just popped out. I had been feeding them on that tree since September. The turkey tail growth mirrors where the squirrels would climb up, so I think the squirrels brought the spores. There is another dead tree right next to this one but I didn't feed the squirrels or birds on that tree and there are no mushrooms growing on that tree. It's interesting how following your heart can lead to unexpected goodness. I wanted to turn that dead tree into wood chips and add mycelium to break it down. Now, it's not necessary. now the tree can be chopped into logs and the mushrooms can continue to grow

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2019 06:42PM by Tai.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw turkey tail
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: February 09, 2019 11:28PM

I know that people take turkey tail in capsule form, but you are consuming it more directly and for free too. There's tons of old large hard turkey tail in a forest near here, and I just break some of them off and either place them in the garden or use them as decorations in my house. If I can find some young ones, I may do what you are.

Posted by: brome ()
Date: February 11, 2019 04:00PM

The outer edge is the young tender growing part.

[www.google.com]:

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: February 12, 2019 06:51PM

@Brome. Tks for your info. So I guess the thing to do is just break off the young growth and wolf it down.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables