Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

artery blockage
Posted by: anneh ()
Date: November 23, 2019 08:31PM

Hi, have been vegetarian for many years, mostly raw, juice veggies every day. Just been told by dr that I may have blocked carotid arteries =:0 won't know results until I see him in December. Now wondering if my addition of 1/2 avocado every day plus probably about 1/4 almonds daily has caused a problem. I was also eating low fat organic yogurt daily which is why I can't say I am vegan but will stop that now. Otherwise I don't do anything that could cause this problem. So IF the results are not good should I eliminate avo and nuts? I am 81yo but in very good health, walk daily, good weight etc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: artery blockage
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: November 23, 2019 08:35PM

Delete the yogurt not the avo nuts

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: November 24, 2019 01:38AM

anneh
Hi, have been vegetarian for many years, mostly raw, juice veggies every day. Just been told by dr that I may have blocked carotid arteries =:0 won't know results until I see him in December. Now wondering if my addition of 1/2 avocado every day plus probably about 1/4 almonds daily has caused a problem. I was also eating low fat organic yogurt daily which is why I can't say I am vegan but will stop that now. Otherwise I don't do anything that could cause this problem. So IF the results are not good should I eliminate avo and nuts? I am 81yo but in very good health, walk daily, good weight etc.

Drink fresh pomegranate juice! It's a potent cardiovascular elixir. Nattokinase is an enzyme that helps purify the blood as well...

Nattokinase: A Promising Alternative in Prevention and Treatment of Cardiovascular Diseases
“Nattokinase (NK), the most active ingredient of natto, possesses a variety of favourable cardiovascular effects and the consumption of Natto has been linked to a reduction in CVD mortality. Recent research has demonstrated that NK has potent fibrinolytic activity, antihypertensive, anti-atherosclerotic, and lipid-lowering, antiplatelet, and neuroprotective effects. This review covers the major pharmacologic effects of NK with a focus on its clinical relevance to CVD. It outlines the advantages of NK and the outstanding issues pertaining to NK pharmacokinetics. Available evidence suggests that NK is a unique natural compound that possesses several key cardiovascular beneficial effects for patients with CVD and is therefore an ideal drug candidate for the prevention and treatment of CVD. Nattokinase is a promising alternative in the management of CVD.” (Biomarker Insights, 2018)

www.phytopanacea.com

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: November 24, 2019 06:32AM

When the food is right and we are still not well,
it means in most cases that the exercise part is missing.
Register with a gym.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2019 06:39AM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: November 24, 2019 07:02AM

Make sure you are not gluten sensitive and if so, eliminate gluten:

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
Long Term Follow Up of Celiac Disease—Is Atherosclerosis a Problem?

JTP's idea of nattokinase is good. YOu can buy or make natto to get it in a food form.

Nopal cactus leaves are good for your condition. You can buy them at a mexican grocery store and make a raw smoothie. They sell them already cleaned.

These two doctors are helpful for more understanding:
[www.dresselstyn.com]

[www.doctorklaper.com]

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: January 04, 2020 08:53PM

[www.healingnaturallybybee.com]

The form of niacin taken must cause a flush if it is going to help with blocked capillaries/arteries. The no-flush kind is not suitable. The flush is not a side effect. It is the wanted effect.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables