Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Whats your approach to healing ?
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: January 24, 2010 12:59AM

When I am trying to heal from something I start with the idea that if I provide the conditions for good health then good health will result. I am an experimenter by nature so from this perspective this is how I would proceed:

1) Research and find information about my health challenge.
2) Use the information gathered as a starting point.
3) Start the experiment by eating the recommended diet until I feel stable.
4) Experiment by changing only ONE thing and leaving everything else the same. I think changing the most questionable item first makes sense. For example if they recommend a high fat diet I would try to get that expressed in terms of a range and after stabilizing around the nominal area I would experiment with being at the low end of the range and then possibly even lower as a high fat diet seems questionable to me. Try to keep all new introductions as pure and singular as possible so that I know exactly what I'm testing. Another example of an experiment I would make early on would be to substitute daily fresh juiced high sodium foods like celery and tomato if a high salt diet is recommended.
5) Take notice of how I feel. Everyone is different so a "one size fits all" approach may not be the optimum for me. Listening to my body as a coach can be a valuable tool.
6) Eat the new food (note: thats singular) until I can detect a difference. If its better continue with the starting place diet and the new food. If its worse return to the starting place diet without the new food. The resulting diet now becomes my foundation diet.
7) continue experimenting with one item at a time until I'm satisfied with the results or I feel that I've explored all reasonable options or I don't feel that further experiments will be helpful.
8) Build my diet on as solid a "tried and true" foundation diet as possible based on my experiments. When possible include the starting place diet items in the "tried and true" experiments so that I'm absolutely sure about all items in my foundation diet.
9) Seek medical help if and as necessary.

I prefer to stay in the drivers seat as much as possible rather then turning over control of my health decisions to someone else (or group). I consider this my right as a free individual.
I realize there isn't a lot of solid scientific evidence that a raw diet can be an effective healing tool so there is a lot of uncharted territory to navigate.
Whats your general approach to dealing with health challenges ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Whats your approach to healing ?
Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: January 24, 2010 01:37PM

Try to stay as present as possible.
I find this practice works well for me.

Stay out of my head, listen to whats going on in my body.

Be open enough to listen to everyone, at least once!

Allow myself the freedom to 'get it wrong' laugh and move on!

ffx

Re: Whats your approach to healing ?
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: January 24, 2010 10:49PM

Adding to my post above --

I have found that finding the right diet for me is a good way to heal and a good way to move down the path toward optimum health.
Using the above model of experimentation once a questionable dietary food item has been found to cause problems a way to confirm the fact that the food choice is indeed a problem food for me is to increase the amount of the food eaten as a mono meal. Caution is advised at this point because if the food is a problem in small quantities then eating even more of it could result in stronger reactions. Reactions to the food will usually show up within the digestion cycle of the food so its a fairly short period of time to watch for reactions depending on how long it takes to digest the food.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables