Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: A shift away from veganism by some 'leaders' in the raw world
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 13, 2010 01:31AM

Lovelivingraw, my husband doesn't want me to post pictures of myself over the internet. He's a great guy, so I try to please him. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2010 01:42AM by suncloud.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 13, 2010 05:26AM

Again I remind everyone, this is a vegan forum. I am in the process of deleting messages that go something like this: the reason I need to eat some animal product is because of XYZ. I repeat this because I just deleted more messages in this thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2010 05:36AM by Bryan.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 13, 2010 09:25PM

I've been on a raw food diet for more than 10 years now following a breast cancer diagnosis, in which I cured myself with raw foods and lots of juicing. All my other many ailments- fibromyalgia, arthritis, - long list, etc. went away in the first month. I am happily still eating only fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds. I do not eat cacao and definitely no animal foods. For me it has been easy because I am enjoying virtually perfect health. I absolutely love my raw foods. If I crave anything it is always big green salads. I am always drawn to the salad bars in whole foods stores. I never crave any animal foods, which I ate a lot of prior to eating a raw food diet. I would say I eat 100% raw foods, although it appears it has become unpopular to say that. I think if people who are eating raw get hungry enough they may think of animal foods or have other cravings, but quickly eating some fruit or salads, the cravings disappear. The cravings may be remnants of past memories and associations with various foods and comfort foods. If I have any nutritional deficiencies I sure don't know what they are and annual physical exams never turn up any. I have only needed 5 hours of sleep at night for the past ten years. It's possible nutritional deficiencies can occur if one is not eating enough raw - living foods. I eat a lot; I mean a lot of fruits and veggies and some nuts and seeds. And I always have a lot of energy and just feel great. I never have any cravings for animal foods. Helen

[www.RawFoodDietCure.com]
[www.RecipesRaw.com]

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 13, 2010 10:20PM

RawNurse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been on a raw food diet for more than 10
> years now following a breast cancer diagnosis, in
> which I cured myself with raw foods and lots of
> juicing.
Thank you Helen for sharing your story. I don't think
there's anyone here who can't use some Inspiration from time
to time. You did it for me.....WY

Posted by: Libbythebc ()
Date: February 14, 2010 04:38PM

Again thank you guys for being here! This is a great conversation that I have learned a lot from. I am working on week 2 of 80% raw, still eating some cooked foods at the family meal, but they don't sit well with me! For 4 weeks prior I was about 35% raw. For me I am still trying to discern what is going to work best for me and my body. I'm drawn to veganism for heath reasons, but I am also lucky to have access to free range organic animal products, raised by friends on their small farms. I think if I didn't have this option there would be no question about going completely vegan. At the moment 2 meals a day are completely vegan. I know too from fitday.com where I have been tracking my food intake there are some places I'm deficient....there's a section where it will spit out your mirconutrient intake. I also understand the concept of complete nutrition over time instead of complete nutrition in every bite. I'm considering taking a multi vitamin for 7 days a month just to keep my bases covered. The more raw I let creep into my diet, the better I feel. I have a ton of energy, sleeping less and a lot of my general aches and pains have gone away.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: February 14, 2010 06:11PM

Sounds like you're well on your way, Libbythebc. Best wishes for week 3 and beyond!

My favorite raw vegan

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables