Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Yikes- Pneumonia!
Posted by: buddhistforlife ()
Date: January 30, 2010 07:04PM

Yes, my lungs have been infected with this nasty bug, and, although I hated to do it, I called my brother (an M.D.) for a Rx. I am now on day three of the "Z-pack" antibiotic therapy. Meanwhile, my lungs are still not happy; it hurts to breathe, and I am coughing a lot. It's exhausting,

Anybody have any good raw therapies I could employ while I am on the mend? I am drinking Kombucha tea to provide the necessary probiotics to counter the anti-biotics.

I am also finding it difficult to gather up an appetite; I will make a wonderful green smoothie for breakfast, and then can only stomach maybe half of it. No surprise, my weight is dropping, and I'm already quite lean.

Just throwing it out there for some personal experiences with this disease, and dealing with it in a raw/natural/homeopathic way.

Anybody?

Re: Yikes- Pneumonia!
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: January 30, 2010 11:37PM

You might want to give up the Kombucha tea. Parasite zap. Don't put the fruit unless it is unsweet fruit with your greens in your smoothie. In fact, why don't you allow your body to heal without being concerned about your weight? You should let go of the antibiotics as they won't cure you. They are only playing havoc with your body which is trying to heal. Drink hot herbal teas like Plantain and Thyme Tea every hour ("Health from God's Garden" by Maria Treben). Drink warm water with lemon juice to alkalize your body and release mucus. You can drink Fenugreenk seed tea (tea made from 1/4 teaspoon of Fenugreek seeds) to rid mucus, too. Drinking Feverfew will help over bronchitis so it will likely help with pneumonia, too. You may sweeten the teas above with organic, raw, unfiltered honey or raw Stevia but not Ajave.

Get lots of rest. Your body will heal itself if you stop putting junk (even food when you have lost your appetite) in it. According to Dr. Arnold Ehret, you need to fast when you are sick. It is normal for you to lose your appetite. That's what's supposed to happen. All your energy will go to healing your body rather than digesting food (e.g. smoothies). You will gain weight once you have recovered. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Therese

Date: January 30, 2010 11:38PM

*Fenugreek tea in above, post. Sorry.

Date: January 31, 2010 12:20AM

Guess, I'm tired from Cross-country skiing 4.5 hours and falling a few times. *Agave, not ajave. Sorry.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 31, 2010 12:34AM

i suffer alot from winter bronchitis for as long as i can remember ..i know it not the same as pneumonia but this year i just water fasted and rested and i have had the shortest recovery time ever

the more dehydrated i got the harder my chest congestion got .. more water helped lossen it and get it out smiling smiley

and try not to swallow your phlegm ever ..your body is tryingto expell it, if you swallow it, it just ends up in your system again around and around .. so spit spit spit !!

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: January 31, 2010 12:42AM

life, thank you. I have a large glass of funugreek tea steeping beside me- oddly enough, I recently picked up a bunch of it (the seeds) from a bulk supply store... serendipity!

I agree with the fasting part; it is wise to listen to the body, not only in regards to eating, but also rest. I have always avoided napping, but just today I took myself back to bed for an amazing 5 extra hours of sleep.

Rest, rest, rest...

P.S.: I love the quiet of cross-country skiing, and the rhythm. smiling smiley

Date: January 31, 2010 12:51AM

Jodi,

Yes, I find myself drinking LOTS of liquids, mostly in the form of teas, herbal infusions (I am drawn to dandelion tea lately), and lemon water. I'm leaving meals out of the picture, except for nibbles here and there. But fasting is something I may try to kick things up a notch. Just tired of being sick-- and I cannot afford to not work when there is work available (I do a lot of free-lance).

Thanks for the concern about not swallowing the stuff being coughed up- noted and understood!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 31, 2010 03:29AM

just make sure the teas are hydrating and not dehydrating ..some concoctions are actually Diuretic (water expelling) so you can drink an drink an drink .. and pee an pee an sweat an sweat .. and actually become more dehydrated then you think smiling smiley

dandelion tea for example because you mentioned it, has Diuretic properties .. so probalby not the best bet if you are trying to stay hydrated. Fenugreek also has Diuretic properties

the best bet for plain old hydration is plain old water smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2010 03:31AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: January 31, 2010 06:32AM

oxidation therapies!!!!!!!!!!!

i had this along time ago and oxidation therapies was the only thing that got rid of it.

bathing in a hot bath with a2 or three quarts of overthe counter hydrogen peroxide for as long as you can and then getting under the covers as soon as possible so as to sweat.

chlorine dioxide (oxychlor) is another form but is harder to find and more expensive. ieas able to purchase a gal of it when i was ill and i used 3 cups per bath, hydrogen peroxide is easier to get (walmart $1.50/qt.) use it for several days in a row.

food grade peroxide can be used internally and s can chlorine dioxide. aslso colloidal silver is worth a try. transfer factor type of supplement and vit c are also possibilities.

good luck with one nasty bug you have gotten....don't let your guard down til it is gone!

j

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 31, 2010 03:43PM

buddhistforlife,

Agreed on water and occasional green smoothies--lemon juice + kale is good for the Vit C and chlorophyll; chances are what bug you've got is oxygen-averse. To that end, juicin' john's suggestion is good. Also, unless it's confirmed bacterial pneumonia, why on earth are you taking an antibiotic? Even if it is, I think an antibac herbal tea, as recommended above, or colloidal silver would work more efficiently. And if it's viral pneumonia, elderberry, elderberry, elderberry. Good luck and speedy healing : )

Posted by: greathealth ()
Date: February 02, 2010 07:31PM

Life 101
what did you mean by kombucha is a parasite zap. I've been drinking kombucha for a few months now with good results? Please explain. Thank you

Date: February 02, 2010 07:34PM

buddhistforlife
Please try sea minerals. I normally catch a cold at the drop of a hat. But since taking 1 tsp/day I have not caught a cold yet. I actually can't believe it. And it's supposed to zap out any cold or flu. Let me know if you try it. I'm curious if other people have similar results.

Posted by: lolahunt3 ()
Date: February 03, 2010 02:21AM

greathealth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> buddhistforlife
> Please try sea minerals. I normally catch a cold
> at the drop of a hat. But since taking 1 tsp/day
> I have not caught a cold yet. I actually can't
> believe it. And it's supposed to zap out any cold
> or flu. Let me know if you try it. I'm curious
> if other people have similar results.

Do you mind sharing what sea minerals you use?

Thanks,
Sue

Date: February 03, 2010 04:04AM

Yes, please- can you be specific about the sea minerals? Also, I did not really get the "parasite zap" reference either....I always considered Kombucha tea as having a great deal of pro-biotics.

Thanks in advance!

Posted by: faeterri ()
Date: February 04, 2010 03:09PM

Kombucha, I have mixed feelings about this food made from tea and sugar. I use other foods wild-fermented for my probiotic input.

Date: March 16, 2010 02:22PM

The sea minerals I used is called Super Blend from www.NaturesApproved.com. It is now March and I have not caught a cold or flu all winter since taking this stuff. The first sign of a sniffle or sore throat I swallowed 2-3 tsp (instead of the daily 1 tsp) and the next morning it was gone. I am a believer! (You have to drink it with a juice and with food because the taste is tough to take

Please please also try the VitaKlenz from this website. I have been telling all my friends about it. I believe I had a severe parasite/candida problem. After taking this herbal stuff it's gone. I am really thankful.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: March 17, 2010 01:50PM

The herb Lobelia is an antispasmatic and expectorant so it will help you deal with the symptoms and mucous elimination. It can make you sleepy though. Mild fasting is good if you are not very hungry IMO.

Date: March 18, 2010 01:15AM

Thanks for all the input-- despite the fact that the pneumonia is long gone, I still occasionally cough up a brownish spot of phlegm.

I'm wondering if this is considered normal. My breath is good and strong otherwise. The one thing I am doing is a steam-inhalation of pure water and eucalyptus oil. Perhaps I should try the Lobelia...

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: July 08, 2012 11:39AM

In "Fasting Can Save Your Life," Herbert Shelton wrote, "If the lungs are used as fontanels (alternative forms of elimination) through which to excrete the excess toxin, the symptom-complex may be named pneumonia. If eruptions appear on the skin, the disease will be named as hives, measles, scarlet fever, or smallpox.”

In "Fasting For Renewal Of Life," Dr. Herbert Shelton writes, "Diseases have common causes, as they have common symptoms. The causes of pneumonia are not different from those of any other disease. Any influence, habit or indulgence which lowers the functioning power of the individual is a contributing cause of disease. ...The fever in pneumonia is part of the remedial process and no effort should be made to lower it. Drugs to suppress pain frequently stop the heart. Nothing other than a hot application to the chest should be used for this purpose, and even this should be avoided unless the pain is severe. No drugs should be used to stop the cough. The cough is necessary to keep the air passages free of obstruction so that the sick man can breathe. ...There is no power to digest food in pneumonia. Feeding intensifies the discomfort of the invalid, increasing temperature, pain and coughing. Feeding is a blunder that often results in death. It is important that no food be given so long as discomfort continues."

“In the early 1900’s, Dr. J. H. Tilden of Denver, Colorado specialized in healing pneumonia, which was then the number one killer. He had more pneumonia cases than any other doctor and he never lost a patient. He used no drugs at all. He simply cleaned out the colon, used water therapy and administered natural, live foods. Even in those days his success was considered phenomenal because other doctors were relying on drugs and continually meeting with failure. It is estimated that over 90% of disease in America is attributable directly or indirectly to an unnatural digestive tract. As Dr. Bernard Jensen puts it, ‘Every tissue is fed by the blood, which is supplied by the bowel. When the bowel is dirty, the blood is dirty, and so on to the organs and tissues...it is the bowel that invariably has to be cared for first before any effective healing can take place.’” -Dr. Richard Anderson, N.D., N.M.D, “Cleanse & Purify Thyself” p. 10

Peace and Love..........John

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables