Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
42-year old Roger Haeske looks 20 on 80/10/10
Posted by: Omega ()
Date: February 04, 2010 10:59PM

Roger Haeske is a great example of looking young on an 80/10/10 diet:

[be40look20.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2010 11:01PM by Omega.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 42-year old Roger Haeske looks 20 on 80/10/10
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 04, 2010 11:54PM

Yes, he looks good. He looks about like my 41 year old stepson. I don't think he looks 20 though.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 06, 2010 06:11AM

I think he looks PHENOMENAL!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: February 06, 2010 06:42AM

He looks very young for 42.

Posted by: Lara_Hastings ()
Date: February 06, 2010 08:33AM

Wow, amazing! He looks younger and healthier than many 25 year olds, that man looks like healthiness itself grinning smiley

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: February 06, 2010 04:51PM

Keep it real folks.

It amazes me how easily people attribute looks (youthful or older) to diet. Aging and aged looks are a function of genetics, as well as environment.

Roger does look young, but he probably always looked young for his age. He has a "baby face" it's pretty common. He is in good shape but that chest is waxed for a younger look. At 42 he might dye his hair to make it look that even.

I'm not in anywhere near that good of shape, but easily look 10 years younger then my age. If I dyed my hair, waxed my wimpy chest, and got a REAL close shave, I could look 15 years younger or more. But I've always looked young.

It was the same on the Dr. Graham Thread, diet probably has very little to do with his aged looks.

Date: February 06, 2010 11:36PM

Considering the cooked food civilization in which we live, if someone looks good or great on a raw food diet, I think that that is something that we should PROMOTE.

Date: February 07, 2010 04:00AM

Sorry Omega, no offense intended to him or you for promoting his web page. I found that site years ago when I first went raw, at the time it was inspirational. However, don't you think it's a little Hollywood-cheesy to boast a "fountain of youth" when his hair looks professionally dyed, and his chest is waxed to look like a little boy? Are we supposed to think raw food made his hair and chest look like that? His whole sales pitch is based on looking young, and he does look young. So why not keep it real? Oh well, he has every right to earn a living the way he wants, I shouldn't judge.

I have an over-all concern with the way raw vegan-ism is promoted by so many misinforming blogs and web sites these days. Truth and science give way to exaggerations and b.s. pseudo-science claims. If this is such a healthy lifestyle, which I believe it is, why can't it stand on it's own? Why do people need to stretch the story beyond the truth?

Sorry to rant on your thread, but I really feel spreading the word with truth and science serves the community better.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: February 07, 2010 04:41AM

Swimmer,
I do acknowledge that genetics, lifestyle, outlook, sense of purpose, environment have much to do with appearance. You could make anyone look young on internet using old photographs, photo shop, airbrushing and other techniques. Cosmetic surgery, lighting, color selection on clothes, dying hair, shaving could also do amazing things.

But what about the opposite? I can't imagine too many people would want to look older in a negative way. But how would someone do that on purpose? I saw the documentary 'super size me'. In very short order that handsome healthy man looked pretty awful on an exclusive fast food 'diet'. A macdonalds diet to be specific.

What made him look significantly older was excess weight, an increase of fat percentage, dull lack luster hair probably due to nutrient imbalances and deficiencies. Also probably decreased functioning of all internal organs, poor circulation. In addition he also made sure and limited his amount of physical activity, to max out the fast food lifestyle.

I hope NOBODY does this experiment on purpose! I felt bad enough for how he looked, but the really, really awful thing was his disturbing health symptoms. Its an extreme example in the opposite way. Maybe the only things further he could have done was to take up smoking, drinking and maybe illegal drugs.

Date: February 09, 2010 02:42AM

Mislu,

Yeah I saw that movie a few years ago. What he did to himself was gross. But I'm not sure I understand your point.

How does the existence of the effects of an unhealthy lifestyle justify the exaggeration of a the effects of a healthy lifestyle?

Date: February 09, 2010 03:01AM

Maybe he just wants to inspire others in an enhanced kind of way. Maybe he needs the disclaimer, "results not typical" or 'results may vary'. That documentary was an exaggeration of an unhealthy lifestyle, so maybe this is the yin to that yang so to speak.

Date: February 09, 2010 03:21AM

Hi swimmer,

How do you know his hair is dyed and his chest is waxed?

What he's doing is simply marketing the raw food diet. Otherwise the public will just yawn.

Many people have had FANTASTIC improvements in all aspects of their lives from eating a raw food diet, and I strongly support anyone who brings the raw food diet to the attention of the public in any way.

These are the people bringing light into a very dark world.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2010 03:27AM by Omega.

Date: February 09, 2010 03:56AM

Another thought swimmer:

If you don't like the way someone is promoting the raw food diet, you could always get out there yourself and promote the raw food diet in the way that YOU think is best. I would support you 100% – the more people out there promoting raw veganism, the better.

Date: February 09, 2010 04:32AM

Mislu,

Okay, I'll accept your supposition, and won't press the point. (However you put yourself in a very tough position in any discussion if you try to defend, or suppose the motives of someone else.)

Thanks for the laugh on the disclaimer! That's funny and true.

I did not notice any cosmetic exaggerations on the effects in Supersize me, Did you?

Hi Omega,

I don't know for absolute certain, but I'm paid to be observant and pay very close attention to details, visual and written. My eyes have been replaced with the latest electron microscopic cameras (film only, no megapixels here!) My professions demands it, I've been trained by the best government agencies, various governments actually, but I can't tell you which ones! I'm trained to scan a room in 6 seconds flat...I could tell you more, but then I'd have to call the "Haitian" to erase all your memories! (Sorry, TV show reference)

Okay, lets agree to disagree, I guess you can call it marketing. I prefer truth in advertising. At least he's not claiming miracle raw food cures for every disease under the sun.

This is not about me, it's about the truth. But since you mentioned it, I have no desire to promote raw foods. It's not my calling, and I prefer my role of bringing science and realism into discussions. I believe I add a valuable voice here providing research and science where others are unwilling or unable to learn the facts. :~)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2010 04:33AM by swimmer.

Posted by: EricJohannes ()
Date: February 09, 2010 04:09PM

I was curious so I checked out some of Roger's vids on youtube. He seems like a good guy who's pretty real, especially when he's around his son.

Date: February 10, 2010 12:29AM

I met him six years ago. He was dating this lady I was living with for awhile. He looked about 35 then.

Date: February 10, 2010 02:28AM

Swimmer,
Not knowing all the camera, lighting and placement tricks of the entertainment industry, its hard for me to say what was done or NOT done to make the guy look better or worse, before or after. Its been awhile since I watched the film, but it was pretty dramatic when they showed a side by side photo of him before and after, and listed this health stats.

Its true, I don't really know what his motivations are for advancing his image in relationship to raw foods. I honestly didn't look much more into it than just looking at his photos. Some people will look good no matter what, he could be one of them.

Date: February 11, 2010 06:52AM

Swimmer,

You have some interesting theories about me.

But I can tell you this.

1. My hair is 100% natural. And yes if you see me up close you will see grey hairs. But even so many, many people seeing me in person are shocked when I say I'm 42.

This happened last week via a Real Estate agent when we were looking for a house to rent in Panama. He thought I was in my 20's.

Had been with him over an hour before my age came up. He kept on talking about us as such a young couple. That's why eventually I just had to mention my age because I knew he assumed I was much younger.

He was also very interested in the Raw Food Diet. Seemed like he was in his late 50's.

2. I naturally don't have any hair on my chest. No need for me to shave.

Also anti-aging is not all about diet. There are quite a few other factors as I explain in my video. But of course, the Raw Food Diet is a huge anti-aging factor.

Yes I still age. It's just I've managed to slow it down quite a bit. And of course, I'm not the only one. Many raw foodists who also do vigorous exercise and do other practices to take care of their health are similarly young.

The main point is that you can live an ageless life by going raw. No need to suffer all of the diseases and lack of energy etc. associated with the aging process but are actually caused by excess toxicity and lack of healthy living.

However, I am working on stuff beyond diet to stop aging all together. Hope to succeed some day soon.

Best to all of you.

Cheers,

Roger Haeske
The 42-Year Old Teenager

[RogerHaeske.com]

Date: February 11, 2010 10:53AM

swimmer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keep it real folks.
>
> It amazes me how easily people attribute looks
> (youthful or older) to diet. Aging and aged looks
> are a function of genetics, as well as
> environment.
>
> Roger does look young, but he probably always
> looked young for his age. He has a "baby face"
> it's pretty common. He is in good shape but that
> chest is waxed for a younger look. At 42 he might
> dye his hair to make it look that even.
>
> I'm not in anywhere near that good of shape, but
> easily look 10 years younger then my age. If I
> dyed my hair, waxed my wimpy chest, and got a REAL
> close shave, I could look 15 years younger or
> more. But I've always looked young.
>
> It was the same on the Dr. Graham Thread, diet
> probably has very little to do with his aged
> looks.

Hi "swimmer",

I'm Roger's live-in girlfriend so I can personally clarify some things for you.

1. He does NOT wax his chest--he simply doesn't have a hairy chest. Some men naturally have more hair on their chest and some do NOT. Roger's an example of a man who simply doesn't have a hairy chest.

2. He does NOT color his hair. He does have a few stray gray hairs, but he doesn't cover them up.

3. He takes great care of himself and is in excellent health.

All the best,

Karmyn
[karmynmalone.com]

Date: February 11, 2010 02:33PM

I stand corrected. My apologies.

Date: February 11, 2010 02:56PM

Roger said:
"The main point is that you can live an ageless life by going raw. No need to suffer all of the diseases and lack of energy etc. associated with the aging process but are actually caused by excess toxicity and lack of healthy living."

However Roger I respectfully have to disagree with you here, I think statements like this are harmful to the cause:

It is simply not true. As someone who lives with a genetic condition, I know, because, I ran around for years with the false hope I would be cured. Research and time gave me a dose of reality.

Raw food are great, I've been at or near 100% for years, but raw foods are not a cure all for everything. I've spent years studying my condition, genetics, and natural living.

When I first went raw, I found your site, you were into "The Ultimate meal" at the time and so was I. I read your site many times, got inspired by you and many others. Then I also got caught up in the hype, believed, I had found the answer to all my problems. It was actually a bad place for me to be, because it did not work that way.

Plain ans simple, it is an absolute fact that being a raw foodest will NOT cure all diseases, or STOP aging! It is wrong to say so, and unfair to those who might believe you.

I applaud what you are doing, and have absolutely nothing against you, this is not personal in any way, and I apologies for any ill feeling this may cause. The raw food movement needs people like you to be into truth and facts, so no-one is ever mislead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2010 02:58PM by swimmer.

Date: February 11, 2010 06:11PM

Swimmer,

Just so you know. I don't and never have claimed that eating raw will cure all disease.

I know this from personal experience and experience with others. Some issues are not the domain of diet or cannot be easily corrected in one generation. In other words the damage done even at birth due to your parents eating of cooked food may not be fully reversible.

Nor is all the damage we've done previously to our bodies necessarily reversible via just eating raw foods. Though much of it is.

Also I do not claim that the Raw Food Diet will stop aging. I even said as much in my previous reply by stating that I do age. So I don't know why you're harping on that.

That's just silly because all wild animals eat raw and they age and die.

But in comparison to people eating cooked food we do have an ageless body. And when you stop getting needless illnesses and diseases due to cooked foods and other toxins you realize that you can be very youthful and super energetic in your later years.

I had arthritis as early as 27 years old. If I kept on eating cooked foods I'd be virtually immobile at 42 years old. But I have no symptoms whatsoever of arthritis.

Also I think you'd be shocked at my skin. It's incredibly smooth and soft for someone 42 not to mention a 25 year old. Many of my friends have commented on my skin. I believe it has been preserved so well due to raw eating.

Even the first time I went 100% raw for three days in 1995 it felt like my skin got 10 years younger in three days. It was so much tighter. It was like a total body facelift.

Even my appearance became younger looking in only three days. So this is not about genetics because it improved the way I looked already when I was much younger. Got rid of bags under my eyes as well.

Living more in tune with nature and seeking health and happiness can make a huge difference in the quality of life.

Now I can't speak for everyone. I don't know what your condition is or what you've done to improve it.

But I can say for the vast majority, if they did the things that I do, (not just raw diet) they'd get similar results. I've seen it happen with a ton of people I've met who are living a healthy raw lifestyle.

Perpetual youth so to speak, is a result of healthy living. Of course the earlier you start in life the better your results are going to be. Our little Andrew has been eating raw since birth. I hope that gives him a huge advantage in life and so far the results really show. He's just an incredible child.

He's well advanced in intelligence compared to the average toddler. Too smart sometimes if you ask me. :-) And of course he's got loads of energy. But from what I've seen he's just the most happy baby I've ever seen. And many people even other parents agree.

This video of him will do a pretty good job of getting my points across about his happiness, intelligence and energy levels. I re-watch this video repeatedly. It just sort of encapsulates Andrew.

[rogerhaeske.com]

Just because someone gets into their 60's, 70's and 80's doesn't mean that a physical and active life should end. And yes I have raw friends and acquaintances who also do vigorous exercise in that age range and they are incredibly youthful and mentally sharp.

While they may not look like teenagers, they can do physically most things that a teenager can do. And of course, they look 20 years younger or more than what you'd guess their biological age to be.

We should be able to be active, physical and joyful until our last days here in a physical body.

As for anti-aging, this has been an almost lifelong interest for me. When I was 13 years old I was already reading books with information that promised to keep me youthful and disease free into old age.

The first of such books I bought was called, "Rapid Healing Foods," and believe it or not there was a lot of suggestions in there to eat raw foods. One was that about 75% of the food on your plate should be raw.

I started my first experiments with juicing back then and giving up certain junk foods I was eating. I think the first thing to go was soda. And I even stopped eating pork.

So eating raw is not everything, but I believe eating 100% Optimal Raw as I discuss on my free newsletter and blog and Supervised Water Fasting are the closest things we have to a panacea or cure all here on Earth.

Cheers,

Roger Haeske
The 42-Year Old Teenager

[RogerHaeske.com]

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: February 11, 2010 06:36PM

Umm...younger...

Doug Graham does not look any younger than any other COOKED vegan or not eater who exercises...
Nomi Shannon (the raw gourmet) looks haggard along with Victoria Boutenko...spelling?

Raw is NOT the answer to it all...

U can be just as healthy on a low fat cooked vegan diet full of fruit and veggies, if not healthier...

Raw people have been pissing me off lately anyway...they are WAY to concerned with how they look and what it does for them,,,narcisstic..

I much rather hang out with my animal loving, environmental cooked vegan friends.
Raw just makes sense to me..

Am I looking at becoming younger?
Losing weight?
Getting beautiful?
Healing an illness?
NOPE..

It just makes sense and I want just be proactive!

Do I eat cooked food - when I want to.
60%=80% 100%
I perform and feel the same!

Stop looking for a MIRACLE. For the ANSWER...

RAW is an option...NOT the answer

Date: February 11, 2010 10:59PM

Roger,
Welcome, and thank you for sharing your experience.

Date: February 12, 2010 05:55AM

Cute kid, how old is he?

Date: February 14, 2010 02:58PM

I know many, many meat eaters that are in their 50's and look fantastic! My father in law is 70 and lookslike he is 50, and he eats terrible. So, it is just the luck of the draw, not necessarily what you eat!

Date: February 14, 2010 03:42PM

I think it's only somewhat the luck of the draw. Alot of it is not being stressed out. Alot of it is avoiding environmental pollution. Props to Roger for getting out of NYC & into a situation I guess he's been imagining for some time.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 14, 2010 05:52PM

Just an observation about appearances and individual differences; this is not meant to be contrary or argumentative at all:

My husband is 66 and looks 45. He has been told at the gym by more than one guy that his toned, chiseled physique is the envy of everybody, even the really young guys. He still has six-pack abs; also a very thick, full head of hair. He's very careful with his diet and doesn't eat sugar and a lot of starches, and he hardly ever indulges in junk food. But his diet is anything but vegan. He also gets stressed out over things from time to time, but this doesn't seem to have adversely affected him much at all. I agree with Charlotte Gerson, who says if you have a decent diet, stress won't have much effect at all on your health. His blood pressure is usually around 100, and his last inflammation test yielded the result 'zero inflammation' in his blood, which I gather is quite unusual. We make a kind of strange couple-- he's doing a somewhat calorie restricted (though not extreme) low glycemic Paleo diet, and I'm a raw vegan who often faires best as a liquidarian. My influence and his own common sense has caused him to cut back to one small serving of m**t a day (** out of deference to the vegan nature of the board), and sometimes he eats none, and he likes to have some raw food daily.

My point? -- not really trying to make a 'point' here, just sharing that what wouldn't work for one (I tried a diet like his years ago, and it didn't work for me AT ALL) may actually work quite amazingly well for another. And I guess my other point is that yes, I think physical attributes are partly the luck of the draw. My mate was always really slim, and a little body work goes a LONG way with him. I work out almost as much as him, and I have very little muscle tone to show for it, lol!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: zella ()
Date: February 18, 2010 03:10AM

amen rawrnr!!

Vegetarian Children's Book Club ~ [VegetarianChildrensBookClub.com]

Books for and about Vegetarian, Vegan, and Raw Vegan Kids!

Date: February 28, 2010 01:27PM

communitybuilder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cute kid, how old is he?

He's almost 3!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables