Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Parasite cleanse
Posted by: innervegetable ()
Date: August 16, 2006 03:48AM

Marcos

<<Parasites are something we can never completely get rid of.

This is also not totally true. It is possible to become parasite free.

apricot seed "almonds" (inner-seed part), wormwood, clove, black walnut, quassia, gentian, male fern, hyssop, peppermint, fennel, cramp bark, garlic, ginger, cheyenne... are powerful parasite cleansers.

Fasting is also very effective against parasites. Many people pass worms after extended water fasts!

Whats in MLM?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Parasite cleanse
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: August 17, 2006 12:46AM

Hi Inner,

So, do you believe that when you expel a few parasites you've expelled them all? Come on now, that sounds like a fantasy to me. All the herbs you've mentioned will help to expel parasites but you will need to take them for the rest of your life. They expel but don't rid. The same can be said of oil of oregano, which I take, but it has many other health benefits as well. I think we can lighten the load on our bodies by expelling parasites but it's a life long journey and not something we can take care of in a month or a year. This is not only my opinion though. Just do a quick search on parasites. If you don't find what I'm talking about let me know and I'll find it for you.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: happyway ()
Date: August 17, 2006 07:23AM

I'm sure even healthy raw fooders can ocassionally pick up a parasite in this world...and that a drug, herb, or fast may help with this, at that time...
After all there are many strange organisims in the tropics, and with air-travel...
BUT
the odd thing is that the desire to be parasite free
seems to turn into an obsession for some folks,
in an almost religious way...
just seems odd?
almost seems worse than the "problem"

Date: August 17, 2006 09:14AM

Marcos,

I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about. I never said a parasite flush (with fasting, herbs, copper, or anything else) will rid parasites completely OR forever. It's simply wise to do a parasite flush IF YOU HAVE BEEN A PERSON ON A SAD DIET, or if you HAVE RECENTLY TRAVED TO THE TROPICS, or if you HAVE HAD A VERY WEAKENING ILLNESS AT SOME POINT IN YOUR LIFE.

*Wild animals, for example, monkeys, living and eating in the wild can have parasites and NEVER have any symptoms or problems with parasites.

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: August 17, 2006 01:09PM

Inner,

Please accept my apologies. I have been challenged so much about my comments that I read yours almost as a major challenge after a message that Bryan had posted. Again, I'm sorry and thanks for clearing everything up.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: August 18, 2006 02:11AM

Marcos,

Anytime, thanks.

Happyway,

your right. While it is good to do a parasite flush in the circumstances listed above theres no reason to obsese

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 19, 2006 06:48PM

Today I purchased this herbal tincture:

[www.mountainroseherbs.com]

Black Walnut-Wormwood compound extract

Assists in intestinal cleansing and anti-parasite support.

Contains: Fresh Black Walnut green outer hull, organic Wormwood flower & leaf, organic Thyme leaf, Cascara Sagrada bark, Cinnamon bark, Quassia wood, peppermint essential oil and vegetable glycerin.

Date: August 19, 2006 09:19PM

Sounds good. Are you doing a cleanse/fast or just preventive measures?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 19, 2006 11:04PM

No specific cleanse except for Natural Cellular Defense. I am doing the herbal extract for preventative measures.

I eat a lot of herbs and herbal extracts!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2006 11:17PM by Mike.

Posted by: longtimeraw ()
Date: August 19, 2006 11:28PM

Pardon me for asking, but to those who claim they have passed (excreted) parasites.

Now obviously you can't see protozoan parasites and must depend on tests for those. That leaves nematodes or worms.

Are you in fact finding live, wiggling worms in your feces? That is the only true test of parasites. Things that "look like" worms but that don't move, don't count.

Just curious.

Date: August 20, 2006 05:21AM

longtimeraw,

As far as worms go, worms dont have to "wiggle". If you pass strands of what looks like mucus, chanses are you have worms.

Posted by: longtimeraw ()
Date: August 20, 2006 05:55PM

>As far as worms go, worms dont have to "wiggle". If you pass strands of what looks like mucus, chanses are you have worms.

Thanks for your reply. No offense intended, but your reply is uninformed and is exactly why I posted.

We (rawfooders) eat foods that include long fibers, and cooked fooders eat foods that can easily "look like" worms - things like spaghetti and pasta, for example. Things that "look like" worms can easily lead one to a wrong diagnosis.

The point is: you MUST see live, wiggling worms in your feces in order to self-diagnose nematodes. Anything else may be self-delusion - a feature common in those who self-diagnose.

PS if you see no live worms, you can store some fecal mater in a sealed jar for a few days, then examine it under a magnifying glass and light for the presence of newly hatched larvae. Again, you MUST see worms for the diagnosis.

So it appears that many of these self-diagnosed parasite infestations are not supported by real evidence. The diagnosis of self-delusion is more likely.

Date: August 20, 2006 08:41PM

longtime raw

accually I am informed on the matter.

worms/parasites (not pin worms thats another issue) live in your intestine, large and small. they live in the mucus membrane lining the intestines. You will not pass worms simply by eatind all raw, or via colonics. You MUST do a many many day parasite flush including fasting for a long time, and deploying the help of harsh intestinal-stimulating herbs.

people who have grown up on cooked foods has a very high chance of carrying a worm or more.

Trust me, if you accually do such an intensive, and then pass smelly mucus, strands of goo, or even the "rubber tire" (hardened rubbery toxic intestine lining) you could very well have passed a worm!

No self delusion possible. YOU WILL KNOW something not was seriously wrong and is now better

(After such a cleanse you will not see "strands of "speghetti" or "pasta" or any other whole peices of food. solid matter at that point will be gone, digested or burned during fasting

What does come out may shock you however

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables