Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

scaar tissue buildup, under the skin, from surgery
Posted by: nedsin ()
Date: August 16, 2006 03:05PM

I had a surgery a year ago and it left me with fiburous scar tissue under the skin that looks like a (ledge of hard rubber band like fat). I'm not a fat person, in fact, I work out, and I'm extremely in sahpe. I'm wondering if anyone out there is reading this and knows of a (raw diet) way to melt scar tissue under the top layer of skin?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: scaar tissue buildup, under the skin, from surgery
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 16, 2006 03:21PM

No..... but I'd def be interested in you keeping us posted on your progress! (if any)

It's called a keloid. What happens is that when skin is injured (like during surgery), new skin cells usually know when to stop growing. A keloid forms when the cells don't know the right time to stop multiplying. In essence it's a benign tumor.

Since I've heard of people curing malignant tumors with a raw diet, I'm hoping that you as well will be successful. However, your inner body will need to heal before your outside heals, so I wouldn't expect success right away.

I always think of greens as healing because the chlorophyll found in plants is almost the same as the blood molecule --- also, **very important** - proper cell replication requires phosphorus - which comes from the soil. Vegetables. (esp. green leafy ones).

Flax seed oil directly nourishes your skin as well, when you ingest it. And I'm sure vitamin E foods will be very beneficial to you also.

Good luck!

Date: August 16, 2006 03:30PM

Also - if you were to go the standard medical route, keloids tend to respond to cortisone injections, which leads me to think that inflammation is a culprit here - if it is, then you're in luck, because the raw diet is anti-inflammatory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2006 03:31PM by sunshine79.

Date: August 16, 2006 04:13PM

Please take Note, that it's not a Keloid scar on top of the skin. There is not a scar on top of the skin, the surgery was endoscopy, not an incision, the scar tissue is (under the skin), beneath the skin, not seen by the visible eye, just irregular rubber band like fibrous tissue (UNDER) the skin.. NOT a topical KELOID scar, there were not any injections with coritsone ever in my life, so please make sure if you read this post that you really read it, I believe I've been clear. Any help out there?

Date: August 16, 2006 05:49PM

Like adhesions, you mean? Was it abdominal surgery?

Posted by: blissmummy ()
Date: August 16, 2006 08:22PM

Just to say I've got a bunch of scar tissue too, from surgery almost a year ago to remove a huge infection following childbirth. The scar is unusually large and deep because I wasn't sewn up afterwards--they left it open with a wet saline dressing to help the body push any further infection out (paratinitis I think it's called, spread out among the organs from the uterus). I've been told I could (even should) go into surgery again to cut up the scar tissue and make a smaller one, but with a very healthy lifestyle I'm confident the scar tissue won't cause any medical problems, and I kinda like the scar, excepting that I'm so proud I made it through vaginal childbirth without kicking the bucket (though I almost did, afterwards!!) and I don't want the appearance of having had a C-section (me so silly) :~)

best wishes,
Adrienne

Date: August 17, 2006 04:27AM

yes the scar tissue is under the skin, under the abdomen.

Posted by: rawblue ()
Date: August 17, 2006 05:07AM

I have been using a tea made from the herb Gotu Kola for about a year to break down scar tissue.
It is not a "quick fix", but I have seen some signficant changes.
My best friend has used it for longer than I, and has had similar results.

It also gives you intense dreams which can help you work on/face stuff. Maybe stuff emotions and experiences that are trapped in the scar tissue...........

I wish you healing

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: August 17, 2006 07:25AM

If you're worried about it because of esteem issues, my scar is bigger, and much more prominent, so rest easy... hahaha!

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: August 17, 2006 01:23PM

Vitalzym or Zymitrol will destroy that life killing scarring and fibrin that occurs as a result of scarring. Just do a search. Doctor Wong has a website [www.totalityofbeing.com] where he explains what vitalzym is and how it works to restore your enzyme levels. Zymitrol was created by the same people as vitalzym but is a stronger formula.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: August 17, 2006 11:58PM

Rawmark/ Marocs, I went to the web site you listed, (www.totalityofbeing.com) and it was about penis enlargement and sexual libido, it has nothing to do with the scar tissue repair. Are you sure you gave me the right web site? It didn't have the Zynitrol that you told me about, it's about penis's?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 18, 2006 01:53AM

I've been told by a kinesiologist to rub wheat germ oil directly on the scar tissue for 60 days. It is supposed to break down the scar tissue. My biggest problem is staying consistent with putting it on my scars every day, but I believe it works.

You can get it from Standard Process.

Date: August 18, 2006 02:35PM

nedsin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yes the scar tissue is under the skin, under the
> abdomen.

Oh ok, that sounds like adhesions, which is a common complication of abdominal surgery (some scary statistic like 9 out of 10 people) - what happens is that organs and tissues tend to fuse together after surgery.

As much as I think that raw food can heal just about anything, in the case of adhesions I wouldn't think so - I just don't see how the body would know to unstick these tissues.

However, there is a decent medical fix for it, and the reason I know it's good is because I worked on the patent for it (on the legal side) - it's these film strips, and they put them over the tissues to allow things to heal without sticking together. Unfortunately it would involve another surgery, because doctors would first have to go in and cut the fused tissues apart - and I'm sure another abdominal surgery is the prob last thing you want.

As I worked on the patent the hairs on the back of my neck stood up, I'm sorry to hear about your situation because it sounds like a nightmare. And in order to test the adhesion strips they took all these poor lab animals and performed abdominal surgeries on them sad smiley

But it does work, that's the good news.

I wonder if a raw diet could help prevent adhesions in the first place, though? By reducing cell adhesion molecules? I remember reading that a conventional diet causes blood cells to take on a positive charge rather than their healthy negative charge, thus causing them to stick to things.

Well, good luck to you! (and if the raw diet CAN somehow be successful providing you relief - def post it!)

Date: August 19, 2006 01:48PM

ned,

there's nothing about the penis on the site I sent you to. If you clicked on the link it should have taken you to Dr. Wong's website about enzyme therapy. From there you could click on a link towards the bottom about enzymes and learn about systemic enzymes.

Anyway, here's a link to another website of Dr. Wong. [www.worldnutrition.info]. Search around and read the articles. You will find no info about zymitol on the first or second site. The guys the developed vitalzym parted ways and zymitrol is a more powerful formulation of systemic enzymes that don't require a prescription. Just a basic search will give you quite a bit of info about zymitrol but go to Dr. Wong's site to learn about systemic enzymes.

Please note that I have this habit of adding and r in zymitol. There is no r so search for zymitol. I have it on the shelf in my cabinet and laughed as I typed that last sentence cause I do this all the time. Guess my mind feels that they should have named it zymitrol. Ha Ha.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: August 19, 2006 11:07PM

Hi Marcos,
I visited the web site you offered to me to look at and didn't find ZYMITOL, it was about cardiovascular health, I'm not sure you understand the post I made about SCAR TISSUE under the skin and how to make it go away?

Date: August 21, 2006 12:57PM

Ned,

I repeat. You are going to have to search for zymitol. It's not part of vitalzym. The two partners split. I believe zymitol is made by generation x. Just do a search. You're in cyber space friend. It's not that hard.

I do understand that post. Scar tissue is dissolved by systemic enzymes. There's a great talk that Dr. Wong gives on systemic enzymes that used to be on his site. I don't think it's there anymore. However, I know from his research and my own that vitalzym or zymitol will get rid of the scar tissue and destroy that life threatening fibrin as well.

Cheers,

Marcos

Date: August 22, 2006 03:35PM

Marcos,
I found this overpriced product called Zymitrol, it's just MSM and some papian and alpa lipoic acid and minerals, all of which I'm getting in E3LIVE, MSM powder, and also topically I'm rugging on OLD FASHIONED LINIMENT with DMSO, MSM, ARNICA oil, & Horse Chestnut. I think I'm pretty well covered. Zymitrol, and other products that Dr. Wong advocates on his web site are not all that specific as to what they promise to do and not any proof. Why is Dr. Wong into PENIS ENLARGEMENT?

Posted by: Baby ()
Date: August 22, 2006 05:36PM

Nedsin, that lobotomy is really starting to hinder your comprehension and reading skills. I think you should really have someone with a bit more grasp on reality, read to you Rawmark's comments.

Date: August 22, 2006 08:29PM

Baby, you've obviously had a lobotomy then? I appreciate your sharing this with me. You sweet thing, you! I comprehend what kind of a baby you are. Go for it with all the venom you have, I'm so happy for you. Have a NICE DAY :O) (if you can)

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: February 07, 2008 06:06PM

I AM FASTING NOW TO GET RID OF SCAR TISSUE FROM SURGERY. I WILL TRY VITALZYM, I WILL DOCUMENT IF THIS WORKS.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: February 07, 2008 09:17PM

Hi Suvine,

Sorry to hear you had to have surgery - hope you are all right now.

I believe I read somewhere that the Gerson Therapy does good things about scar tissue. Most people are more familiar with it because of the cancer treatments, but I am sure I read somewhere about a staff member having some facial scar tissue just disappear after following the protocol for a time. Sorry, I can't seem to find that now, but you might look into it.

Good luck!

Sapphire

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: February 07, 2008 10:16PM

Nedsin, Sunshine79 is right about cortisone. My surgeon recommended local injections to me for scarring. I didn't go that route.

I don't see where Sunshine79 says cortisone causes scarring -- that seems to be what you took from her post.

Scarring is an inflammatory response. Thus, the recommendation on the part of some surgeons for cortisone to prevent keloids. That may not be an option you are interested in or that is available for internal scarring.

Relax. Please don't be so angry. We are trying to help. I understand that you are frustrated.

Breathe in... breathe out...

Lee

Date: February 08, 2008 03:38PM

I want to see proof photos or studies that show fasting or raw food clears up scar tissue, and enzyme therapy too

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: February 08, 2008 05:21PM

One of the reasons fasting with water only clears up scar tissue is because the body eats itself starting with the weak or bad cells first. Like scar tissue or infections. I think fasting is a great tool but I also think it is hit and miss because the body chooses what to eat first and it may decide the scar tissue is not that important to eat at that time so I would think it would take a series of fasts or a long fast. This only works with water fasting. I also have read that wheat grass juice heals scar tissue in the lungs so I wonder if it works on other scar tissue as well.

Date: February 08, 2008 05:44PM

riGHT, IN THEORY, BUT DOES ANYONE HAVE PROOF?

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 08, 2008 10:44PM

Aside from gentle massage regularly, you might also try those silicone sheets that you tape down over the raised areas. Keep them on for as long as possible. Another possibility is a deep lasering to break down the old scar and make a new flatter one that heals better.

Date: February 29, 2008 03:26PM

I AM TALKING ABOUT INTERNAL SCAR TISSUE FROM SURGERY, INSIDE WAY INSIDE THE BODY, THAT GREW A SCAR TISSUE, ARUGULA. smiling smiley

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 29, 2008 07:42PM

If it's deep inside, you'd probably need to be cut open and have it cut out. And get the remaining tissue resewn in a nice way, this will be hard to achieve because most surgeons are not artists. Hopefully the new scar will be more regular and less intrusive.

Lots of people have troublesome internal scar tissue after surgeries.

Eating well will be about the best aftercare you can do, but it will be limited, you can't make perfection out of something torn up, you can only improve it somewhat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables