Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Oooops?: Flashback: Right-wing media downplayed coronavirus death toll potential in spring
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: September 23, 2020 06:21AM

Flashback: Right-wing media downplayed coronavirus death toll potential in spring

"Anything for ratings, of course Jennifer was deep throating this knews (give me your conspiracy baby)! . Oh look there's your pal Tucker and Limbaugh"...

The United States hit a tragic milestone on Tuesday, surpassing 200,000 deaths from the coronavirus. It is difficult to process that vast loss of life. The figure represents mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers, cousins and uncles, friends and coworkers.

It's a number no one ever wanted to hit. But it didn't blindside us. The early models did predict it. It's hard to forget the White House press conference back in March in which the task force told the public to brace for 100,000 to 240,000 deaths.

Most news organizations soberly reported the warning and took it seriously. But many top personalities in right-wing media did not. Instead, they attacked the models and suggested health experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci were alarmists. And when one model briefly lowered its projection to 60,000 deaths (with some caveats), these figures seized on the news, touting it as supposed proof of how great the White House's response had been and how unreliable the health experts had been.

So as the US crosses this terrible milepost of 200,000 dead, it's worth looking back at those who attacked the models, the health experts, and the media. Here are some comments made in April from top conservative commentators and personalities:

>> Rush Limbaugh: "It's now down to 60,000. What happened to 240,000? What happened to 100,000 to 200,000? What happened to 240,000?"

>> Brian Kilmeade: "The fact is, when someone says 200,000 people die, oops, I mean 60,000. And it's not going to be right away, it's going to be in August. That's how good we are doing and how off the models were..."

>> Bill O'Reilly: "The [death toll] projections that you just mentioned are down to 60,000, I don't think it will be that high..."

>> Candace Owens: "FACT: we went from 2.2 million, to 100,000, to 60,000 predictive #coronavirus deaths because the models were always bulls**t, the media was always lying, and the virus was never as fatal as the experts that are chronically wrong about everything, prophesized..."

>> Laura Ingraham: "They were off by a factor of 33 from 2.2 million projected COVID deaths at the top, which was terrifying to a little bit more than 60,000 deaths projected today..."

>> Mark Levin: "We've seen these numbers, these so-called models and the data over the last six to eight weeks. They have fluctuated wildly. Millions might die. Hundreds of thousands might die. Now, they're saying 60,000 give or take, maybe less than 60,000...."

>> Tucker Carlson: "Sixty thousand deaths -- that's a very big number. ... Yet, at the same time, it is far fewer than many expected. It is a much lower number...."

>> Martha MacCallum: "You cannot help but look at the numbers that caused it and the models which were incorrect that really were one of the biggest push points to shut down the United States economy. It is quite possible that you're going to end up with numbers of fatalities in this Covid-19 tragedy of those that have been affected that will be south of the numbers in the 2018 flu season..."

>> Dinesh D'Souza: "Most people have no idea how way off the #Coronavirus models have been. A nutcase virus denier who predicted ZERO deaths would be closer to the mark (ie to the current 60,000 projection) than the best-case scenarios, taking into account social distancing, of 100-240,000 deaths..."

>> Jim Hoft: "STUNNING! IHME Reduces Their Model Predictions AGAIN! — Now Say Peak Is ON EASTER and Only 60,000 Deaths ...Like a Typical Flu!"

It's important to revisit these comments, given how many of these commentators are still misleading the public on the coronavirus and the administration's response today. Fox News, talk radio, and right-wing websites were brimming with commentary playing down the virus back in April — and, in many respects, they still are today, even with a staggering death toll of 200,000 deaths. The arguments have changed, but the dishonesty has not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2020 06:23AM by NuNativs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oooops?: Flashback: Right-wing media downplayed coronavirus death toll potential in spring
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: September 23, 2020 11:26AM

Nobody including you
Has provided evidence anyone
Dead due to a virus.

So you continue your
Zero integrity ignorant rants

Re: Oooops?: Flashback: Right-wing media downplayed coronavirus death toll potential in spring
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: September 23, 2020 02:41PM

Yeah, and this one of many of your rants is another example of your 'Apolitical' 'I'm on NO SIDE' 'No Division' self. You sure have a lot of Strong Opinions for someone who espouses NO SIDE, No Good and Evil, No Black and White, No Division, I'll meet you in the middle, blah, blah, blah...

Date: September 23, 2020 03:06PM

Jennifer
Yeah, and this one of many of your rants is another example of your 'Apolitical' 'I'm on NO SIDE' 'No Division' self. You sure have a lot of Strong Opinions for someone who espouses NO SIDE, No Good and Evil, No Black and White, No Division, I'll meet you in the middle, blah, blah, blah...

I'm balancing out the strong side that you take to find some middle ground. I see you're paying attention, good job!

Date: September 23, 2020 04:59PM

I'll give you 'middle ground'. I'm 'anti-war' and so are you. I don't like 'Big Pharma' and neither do you. I don't like Fracking and neither do you. I don't like Living in Cities, and neither do you. I don't like 'Drugs', 'Meds', 'GMO Food', Chemicals, Pollution, Ethanol, etc., and neither do you. I don't like Living in Cities, and neither do you. I'm sure there's plenty more.

Where we differ is that I don't like Criminals and Killers and Pedophiles and Sex Traffickers and Drug Runners and Gangs and I don't want them admitted into My Country and living in my country and given citizenship and turning my country into a Sh*thole Country like the Sh*thole Countries where they all live now - and you and your side do.

The Democrat Party is the Party of Open Borders and Criminals and Defense and Release of Criminals and Killers.

Date: September 23, 2020 05:56PM

Oh I see, there aren't any Amerikan Pedophiles and Sex Traffickers and Drug Runners and Gangs, they are all in other countries waiting to get in. BTW, politicians are the new gangs, alcoholics, drug runners, pedophiles and sex traffickers...

Okay, Dokay...

Date: September 23, 2020 09:43PM

NuNativs
Flashback: Right-wing media downplayed coronavirus death toll potential in spring

"Anything for ratings, of course Jennifer was deep throating this knews (give me your conspiracy baby)! . Oh look there's your pal Tucker and Limbaugh"...

Most news organizations soberly reported the warning and took it seriously. But many top personalities in right-wing media did not. Instead, they attacked the models and suggested health experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci were alarmists. And when one model briefly lowered its projection to 60,000 deaths (with some caveats), these figures seized on the news, touting it as supposed proof of how great the White House's response had been and how unreliable the health experts had been.

So as the US crosses this terrible milepost of 200,000 dead, it's worth looking back at those who attacked the models, the health experts, and the media. Here are some comments made in April from top conservative commentators and personalities:

>> Rush Limbaugh: "It's now down to 60,000. What happened to 240,000? What happened to 100,000 to 200,000? What happened to 240,000?"

>> Brian Kilmeade: "The fact is, when someone says 200,000 people die, oops, I mean 60,000. And it's not going to be right away, it's going to be in August. That's how good we are doing and how off the models were..."

>> Bill O'Reilly: "The [death toll] projections that you just mentioned are down to 60,000, I don't think it will be that high..."

>> Candace Owens: "FACT: we went from 2.2 million, to 100,000, to 60,000 predictive #coronavirus deaths because the models were always bulls**t, the media was always lying, and the virus was never as fatal as the experts that are chronically wrong about everything, prophesized..."

>> Laura Ingraham: "They were off by a factor of 33 from 2.2 million projected COVID deaths at the top, which was terrifying to a little bit more than 60,000 deaths projected today..."

>> Mark Levin: "We've seen these numbers, these so-called models and the data over the last six to eight weeks. They have fluctuated wildly. Millions might die. Hundreds of thousands might die. Now, they're saying 60,000 give or take, maybe less than 60,000...."

>> Tucker Carlson: "Sixty thousand deaths -- that's a very big number. ... Yet, at the same time, it is far fewer than many expected. It is a much lower number...."

>> Martha MacCallum: "You cannot help but look at the numbers that caused it and the models which were incorrect that really were one of the biggest push points to shut down the United States economy. It is quite possible that you're going to end up with numbers of fatalities in this Covid-19 tragedy of those that have been affected that will be south of the numbers in the 2018 flu season..."

>> Dinesh D'Souza: "Most people have no idea how way off the #Coronavirus models have been. A nutcase virus denier who predicted ZERO deaths would be closer to the mark (ie to the current 60,000 projection) than the best-case scenarios, taking into account social distancing, of 100-240,000 deaths..."

>> Jim Hoft: "STUNNING! IHME Reduces Their Model Predictions AGAIN! — Now Say Peak Is ON EASTER and Only 60,000 Deaths ...Like a Typical Flu!"

It's important to revisit these comments, given how many of these commentators are still misleading the public on the coronavirus and the administration's response today. Fox News, talk radio, and right-wing websites were brimming with commentary playing down the virus back in April — and, in many respects, they still are today, even with a staggering death toll of 200,000 deaths. The arguments have changed, but the dishonesty has not.

Thanks for highlighting some of my favorite Conservative Coronavirus Skeptics who were right on the mark. Of course, there are lots more. Especially Dennis Prager - he's fabulous. Lives in LA. Refuses to wear a mask and says this Covid Crap is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on the World.

Date: September 23, 2020 10:14PM

Speaking of ...

Mark Levin is talking right now about the St. Louis Bryana Taylor case -

[player.listenlive.co]

Date: September 24, 2020 12:52AM

Jennifer
Speaking of ...

Mark Levin is talking right now about the St. Louis Bryana Taylor case -

[player.listenlive.co]

Bitch deserved to die right (wing)...?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables