Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Mucus
Date: February 18, 2010 08:57PM

Could you guys please explain what it means when people refer to a mucus buildup in your body? Is that something that we can feel, like in our throats/noses/sinuses? Or, is it meant to refer to a buildup of mucus in organs/blood etc...I'm confused! How do you know when you've cleansed yourself of the mucus?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mucus
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 18, 2010 09:13PM

its generally something you can feel in your throat, sinuses and so on and the worst offenders are usually cheese, dairy, milk etc.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 18, 2010 10:59PM

Yes, the mucus is detectable as powlifer stated. It can come out of any of the mucous membranes found in the respiratory, gastrointestinal, urogenital, and other mucous membranes found in the body. And its the unhealthy mucus people talk about. Healthy mucus is clear with no smell, the unhealthy mucus is thick and unpleasant.

The unhealthy mucus contains toxins and dead cells that were previously somewhere in your body. These toxins could have been in your blood, tissues, or fat, and your body at some point decides to get rid of them.

When you've cleaned yourself of all toxins in your body, your energy is much higher because your body isn't always having to devote some of its energy to cleaning out those toxins. Your body loses all of its unnecessary fat when your toxin level is low. Your skin, hair, eyes, look and feel great.

Date: February 19, 2010 12:00AM

Thank you for sharing this. I'm interested in this topic, could you recommend any further reading on this process of the body ridding itself of toxins? I'm a singer, so this particular facet of raw foods really attracts me...keeping my sinsues/throat/vocal chords clear and mucus free. Thanks!

Date: February 19, 2010 12:45AM

Oh- one more question...how do you know if you're free of mucus? Is it just by virtue of the fact that you've gone raw? Or is there a certain amount of time on raw that passes and then you're mucus free? Or, is everyone different?

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: February 19, 2010 01:20AM

As a singer myself, I just wanted to tell you that going raw DOES WONDERS for your voice, in terms of clearness and strength. Plus it is SUCH A BONUS to not have to worry so much about becoming ill, losing your voice, missing gigs etc.

there's a classic raw book about this subject:
[www.amazon.co.uk]

bit old fashioned looking, but worth a read nonetheless smiling smiley

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables