Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

an article on vitamin D
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 25, 2010 10:30PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: an article on vitamin D
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 25, 2010 11:38PM

i agree with them really i was found to to be deficient on vitamin d and e, which shows possible malasorbtion problems which have been sorted since.

raw vegen or even vegan(if done wrong) is very health in the short term and long if you cater to a massive variety of different foods but it can be extremely bad if not, end up with iodine, anemia, vitamin d deficiencys etc.

food combining is absolutley essential.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: February 26, 2010 02:08PM

this just reminded me of another article that was posted on here a while back about how mushrooms can be a good provider of vit D if left upside down in the sunlight for a while

[www.msnbc.msn.com]

(I wonder if you did it on a windowsill - ie behind glass - if that would affect the uptake at all..)

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: February 26, 2010 04:03PM

Interesting article

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 26, 2010 05:21PM

While I agree that some people are so sick that sunlight cannot give people enough vitamin D in certain countries at all times, I don't think this is necessarily the case for healthy people on a raw diet who have been raw for some times, and they have healed their illnesses and are not consuming any medications what so ever.

If you go to the internet and see what consumes vitamin D in the body, you will find that many drugs and herbs and even home remedies are known to interfere with vitamin D intake. For for much of the population in a county like the UK, they are consuming these kinds of medications. Something as relatively benign as a calcium supplement can interfere with vitamin D absorption or effectiveness.

Most people who come to raw foods are already sick and are on medications or herbs or supplements.

I live in northern California, and there is not bright sun here year round. But in the summer the sun is intense, and I am out there working outside in the sun. And the the colder seasons, I am also outside working, though there may be no sun and the sky is overcast. But I don't suffer from the symptoms of vitamin D deficiency and I don't supplement and I don't eat foods that might contain vitamin D.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables