Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Minerals
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 28, 2010 08:14PM

I have been eating mostly raw food for 5 years or so however I feel I have an advantage over 95% of raw foodists. My introduction to the whole process included an explanation of what creates nutrition - which in a word is - minerals - in the soil. There are so few farmers, nutritionists or anyone who understands this principle. Simply said, minerals create vitamins, enzymes, protein and bioavailable minerals in plants. Without minerals being replenished in the soil, getting these things is a hit or miss process. Raw food in itself is definitely a step in the right direction, but realistically it is only about 20 or 30% of the whole picture! Real food with minerals, if you've ever eaten it, is unmistakable! Rudolph Steiner's programs and colleges were based on this principle. Go to [remineralize.org] and hear how people are growing food on rocky soil, with added minerals, and getting vegetables twice the normal size, with all possible nutrition, and insect resistance as a side benefit!
I am scouring the web to find sources of minerally dense foods. So far, I have found (and absolutely verified) only two: [Lifeforce.com] and [avena-originals-nutrition.com]
Enjoy!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Minerals
Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 28, 2010 08:21PM

I grow a few vegetables outside my window in my apartment. I use rock powder and organic compost to enrich the soil in my planters. I am definitely a big fan of food grown with rock powder.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 28, 2010 09:44PM

jjallyn & Bryan--

That's really a great suggestion. I'm going to suggest to my community garden group that we use rock dust this spring, in addition to the organic compost we're already using, and see if it doesn't make a huge difference.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: February 28, 2010 10:06PM

I don't know if you saw a recent discussion we had on here regarding the addition of a little sea salt, or salt water, to the soak water for sprouts, it has great benefits. I can't remember the exact quantities that were mentioned..

if anyone knows of any good UK sources for rock powder/dust, I'd love to hear about it.

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Posted by: faeterri ()
Date: March 01, 2010 01:16AM

Plants will take up minerals if pH is right for uptake.

Rock dusts and compost are great for soil as is diversity of micro-organisms. Green mulches (cut weeds) help return nutrients to soil as well as help keep weeds down and encourage aeration and micro-organism activity. Someone suggested to me that placing rocks of different types around the garden introduced energetically nutrients to needy plants, also with phenomenal growth.

Check out for some info on Findhorn:

[www.seekeronline.org]

and listening to the plants, and spending time with them helps. If you haven't figured it out, I love plants.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables