Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

strawberry milkshake!
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: March 03, 2010 09:29PM

yesterday I was making a veggie juice - a typical one for me, carrot/spinach/celery. but because I wanted some pulp for some buckwheat bread I was making, I added a few more carrots in than I usually would, and a sweet potato. Then, while I was drinking it I realised, it tasted just like strawberry milkshake!! I figured the key ingredient must be the sweet potato, cos this was the only thing I don't usually put in.
So today I tried again, this time just using carrots and sweet potato, and adding a pear to the mix. It tasted even better! I didn't have any strawberries, but I'm guessing their addition would only add to the authenticity of the recipe grinning smiley

try it and let me know if you agree! smiling smiley

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: strawberry milkshake!
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: March 03, 2010 09:33PM

I think its really neat when a drink comes out tasting like something it doesnt even contain!
I make an "egg nog" out of cantaloupe,lecithin granules,nutmeg,and cinnamon,and it tastes exactly like a milk egg nog.
Try it.

Vinny

Date: March 03, 2010 10:27PM

sweet potato! never thought of that before... will have to try it grinning smiley

the first time I tried a galia melon smoothie, it made me think of McDonalds banana thickshakes. When I tried one with added banana, it tasted less like those shakes!

It's funny, because it's specifically the galia melon, not the honeydew that makes my tastebuds react that way!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: March 03, 2010 11:19PM

When I want a 'milk shake' I just juice a ripe cantaloupe. It foams up and tastes almost exactly like a vanilla milkshake. I guess if I added a touch of vanilla it would really be fabulous.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 04, 2010 12:42AM

ooh yeah I'd forgotten how good melon smoothies were with a touch of vanilla! yum!

Vinny, that sounds gorgeous, I've never used lecithin though, I'll have to check it out smiling smiley I wonder if sharon fruit could also add that kind of texture?

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 04, 2010 02:17AM

juiced sweet potato? sounds like a digestive nightmare!

I'm glad it tastes good, though.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 04, 2010 07:37AM

My strawberry milkshakes are just bananas and strawberries blended. No water. My favorite way to eat bananas.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: March 04, 2010 12:14PM

My blue/purple potatoes have some of the same nutritional qualities as blueberries and I'll sometimes add one to carrot juice. Now if I could only figure out how to get them to taste like blueberries...

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 04, 2010 03:59PM

will have to give one of these a shot.

Main reason im posting is do you have a link or the recipe for this buckwheat bread?

cheers

Date: March 04, 2010 11:44PM

powerlifer - well, I don't really go by a recipe, (I never bother to measure anything, lol) I just sprout some buckwheat, mix it with some soaked flax, some pulp (eg carrot, sweet potato), a little oil, and seasoning, and dehydrate.

or you could try this, looks a good recipe
[therawchefblog.com]

Utopian - I think you'd have to have a very weak digestive system if you had trouble digesting sweet potato juice..

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 12, 2010 12:50AM

Prana,

I tried your strawberry and banana mixture, but I won't eat non-organic strawberries, so I used the frozen, organic Cascadian Farms strawberries! It was just like a creamy whip ice cream! Yum, it was delicious. I plan on making it again tonight. It is amazing! Thanks for posting that!

smiling smiley Deb

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables