Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

teenage hormonal acne and raw foods
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 06, 2010 04:34PM

Hi,

Does anyone know of a particular raw food or supplement, basically anything, that helps with hormonal acne?

TIA,

Marlene

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: teenage hormonal acne and raw foods
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 06, 2010 07:06PM

ohh yes i dosmiling smiley i suffered hormonal acne for years. The best thing you can do is get digestive bitters preferably not the swedish as they contain stimulant laxatives, chinese, grape bitters are better choices.

not only do they stimulate the vagus nerve to stimulate stomach acid, pancreatic enzymes, bile secretion. But they effectively cleanse the liver, which in turn aids the livers ability to metabolize excess hormones which are the main cause of acne.

i dont like vitamin b supplements, but foods such as rice bran, seaweeds or herbal sources such as nettle leaf(i have this stocked if you want some) help the liver breakdown the excess hormones whilst aiding the adrenals/thyroid.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 06, 2010 07:58PM

Marlene,

If you take a substance that suppresses the symptoms of acne, you will creating a state where the health will become worse. The body creates acne to release toxins through the skin. If some kind of herb or topical substance makes the acne stop, the toxins will just stay in the body.

It best to remove the toxins from the lifestyle, and once the body has removed its internal toxins, the acne will disappear. Toxins come into the body mainly through diet, but products you use in your home or on your body can also introduce toxins into the body.

Also, eating a lot of fat does play havoc with the hormones, and this could be a factor.

Date: March 06, 2010 08:48PM

fat is also crucial for hormonal balance though, good fats are the key.

again digestive bitters help you break all your nutrients down and cleanse your liver. One of the most important organs in the body.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: March 07, 2010 02:17AM

Do Sassafras root tea. I've seen the complexions of teenagers to adults who drank this in their youth and they have beautiful complexion and never had acne. Wish I knew about it back then. I will buy some in the near future as I still have acne as an adult. Good luck. Therese

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 07, 2010 01:17PM

I believe Prana is correct. The only LONG term road to health is to be able to know enough about yourself to AVOID the foods that harm you. I believe that the skin is one of your first and foremost means of elimination - especially of excess salts and oils (and bacteria love to feed on this stuff). My personal take is that you should always eliminate the foods, medications, grooming products or environmental toxins which are irritating you FIRST - before you try to add any new items. The only exception is if you are in acute health crisis (and then see a physician! winking smiley.

-Health to you!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: March 09, 2010 02:27PM

Bragg's ACV really helps with acne. Internally and Externally. Just add a few tbsp to a smoothie or apple juice to hide the taste.

After washing your face, put some on a cotton ball or paper towel (clothes tend to be too abrasive and scrape the skin irritating it more) and just hold your breath and wash your face with it. Don't need to rinse it off.

I agree with Prana, but IMO and experience..the ACV kind of soaks up the toxins coming out and rebalances the skin. It also helps regulate the PH of the skin. I tend to break out while fasting, and the ACV helps it not to get to the uglier, big pimple point. Zits happen because oily toxins clog up the pores and makes it red and inflamed. When using ACV they don't become big red bumps. My skin gets a tighther, clearer, smoother look to it too.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 10, 2010 02:39AM

i've never met anybody that had acne, who didn't eat proccessed sugar. i agree with prana, lifestyle cures/causes these things. traditional thinking is basically designed to get you to buy products.
the wonder cure for acne is eating only greens and fruit!!!!!
the only fat you need everyday is just a bit of nuts and seeds and maybe flax/coconut/hemp oil. very little, no proccessed sugar, EVER!

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 10, 2010 03:23AM

you get fat from fruit and greens, too, and if you want some overt fat, avocado is best as it's not refined.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 10, 2010 07:30AM

marlene, i think if you are looking for a secret shortcut. i will tell you, 3 shots of wheatgrass juice a day. and no sugar. at LEAST 1 shot of wheatgrass juice or wheatgrass powder. Get it in you. Ann Wigmore found that anybody that simply used 3 shots of wheatgrass a day, was cured of most common problems. things people today just write off in secret insecurity thinking that people are supposed to just suffer all these everyday ailments, that are in fact trillion dollar campaigns to poison the people of the world.
our bodies produce fat and cholesterol. We make it out of SUGAR !!! too much sugar running through the body, specifically cooked sugar, as the body doesn't know what to do with it, turns into cholesterol and fat and can cause acne, and also of course artery blockage. no non-raw sugar, YES WHAEATGRASS OR ANY OTHER GREEN!

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 10, 2010 03:39PM

So if you eat a crappy diet but take three shots of wheatgrass supposedly your body will be able to heal itself/ i don't buy it.

Date: March 10, 2010 09:06PM

^ Maybe not completely, but when you have a bad diet, making small, significant changes helps.

Date: March 10, 2010 09:37PM

we have to look at the main causes of acne which is usually unbalanced/excess hormones, alot of this comes from dietary excess putting strain on organs like the liver. Very rarely its because of the so called toxin theory.

the reason raw fruits and vegetables work so well as many of hte phytochemicals support the liver, take the burdon off it that a normal SAD diet would so it can breakdown excess hormones.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 15, 2010 02:40PM

Dietary excess is toxic. And a strain on the liver means the liver is processing a lot of toxins, as that is one of its main functions.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: March 15, 2010 03:47PM

RAWLION Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i've never met anybody that had acne, who didn't
> eat proccessed sugar.

Theory is flawed. Everyone who eats SAD doesn't have acne. Also, I break out like crazy while fasting so there is truth in the "detox" thing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables