Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

flat stomach ... belly bulge
Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: March 07, 2010 01:19PM

HIYA!

I´ve been a few months pregnant for decades! Or so it looks. When I look in the mirror I see it clearly. Or when I look straight down, again, I see it clearly.

I wonder what´s inside. I wonder if it´s ¨normal¨ to have this bulge. My feeling is that it´s not. I once asked a college anatomy professor if it´s normal. He said it is. But he´s fat!

I know there are lots of people who consider that everyone has this ¨mucoid plaque¨in their intestines. I´ve read about it, and have seen pictures. I once did a 7-day cleanse where you do three ¨colemas¨(cross between a colonic and an enema) a day for 7 days, and take pills and drink things several times a day. Many people apparently get the mucoid plaque out of them. But not everyone. One guy who worked at the spa where I did it said some people may have it while others may not. I´ve read a book by Jensen (I forget his first name) who says everyone has it.

I have gone from believing that everyone has it to not being sure if anyone has it! I´ve read that doctors who do colonoscopies never see this plaque. Why would that be? A couple of years ago I had one done. I could see the inside of my colon on the monitor - all pink.

So if I don´t have mucoid plaque inside, then why would I look a few months pregnant all the time?!

I´ve been on the thin side since before I started to eat mostly raw foods - about 15 years ago. But this belly hasn´t thinned out.

Any comments?

Thanks, Troy.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: flat stomach ... belly bulge
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 07, 2010 01:28PM

could be fluid retention do you rebound? if not try it at the least you'll get is some exercise. But i had similar and it was fluid retention.

Im not hung up on the mucoid plaque theory either, doctors and people who do the autopsys never come across it, the "plaque" that so many see is merely a mixture of the fibre, clays and other ingredients in these colon cleansing products.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 07, 2010 06:20PM

Troy,

Parasitic infections can cause a bulge in the middle abdomen. Also, some hernias. Been tested for both?

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: March 08, 2010 04:53AM

powerlifter, no I don't rebound. I've seen the word thrown around a lot over the years on this forum so I looked it up and see that it involves a trampoline. I read that it's not simply bouncing up and down .... Anyway, I'm traveling now, and won't be in a position to rebound any time in my foreseeable future. Looks like great fun though.

Exercise ... that's something I am not consistent with. Some days at a time I get a lot, some days at a time I get very little or none. That's an area I ought to pay more attention to. Thanks for these.

And Tamukha, parasites .... That's an interesting one. I haven't been tested for either parasites or for hernias, let alone for both! Thanks for these.

Getting more regular exercise and checking for parasites after I finish traveling are things I ought to pay attention to.

Muchos gracias.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 08, 2010 12:04PM

A dry skin brush can get the lymph flow moving and is something you could do travelling. Is a great aid to health, when i was so fatigued that i couldnt even go around my block it got me up to being able to exercise.

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: March 12, 2010 07:01PM

WHen your body has all the fat it wants on all the other parts..the excess fat goes either to a woman's ass or her belly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables