Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What is your ideal eating day look like?
Posted by: Maritza ()
Date: March 12, 2010 03:39PM

What do you usually eat on a typical day?

OR

what does your ideal eating day consist of?

Please, be as specific as you can for all meals. I'm a newbie and it would really help me.

Thanks all!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is your ideal eating day look like?
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: March 12, 2010 08:42PM

my days are always different as I don't have a set routine, but I'll try and give you some ideas as I think it's a good question smiling smiley

I generally start off with a large glass of water with the juice of 2 oranges added, and a little sole (water which has had sea-salt added to it).

later on I might have a juice made from veggies and fruits; something like cucumber, celery, carrot, apple, wheatgrass.

some people prefer a more denser type of breakfast such as soaked oat groats mixed with some berries and a sweetener to make a porridge.

I'm out and about I'll make up a large green smoothie and take it with me in a flask; this could be maybe bananas, spinach & superfoods, usually with a base of a home-made concoction of herbal tea.

I also usually have some home-made flatbread made with sprouted grains/seeds (such as sprouted wheat, hemp, flax, quinoa etc)

other good ideas for lunch/dinner are a large salad with a mixture of veggies, avocado and a home made dressing.

Free Newsletter: [bit.ly]
Facebook: [www.facebook.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Blog: [RawFoodScotland.co.uk]

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: March 12, 2010 10:20PM

Great website Lisa!

Everybody's probably a little different. Or a lot different.

My schedule is kind of like this:

Breakfast comes after yoga.

I have a few small-to-medium bananas plus any other kind of fruit, as much as I like. Later (some time before noon), I have cucumber mixed with avocado (and sometimes some diced hot chili pepper), sprinkled with lemon juice.

Around 2:00, I have a handful or two of some kind of nut/seed and more fruit, as much as I like. Then, after exercise in the evening, I sometimes have more fruit, but not much, and I sometimes have more nuts/seeds, but not much.

Once or twice a week, I have a greens day. I have fruit in the morning. Then, in the afternoon, I have a large salad or a couple of nori rolls with lots of greens, some sprouted kamut, a small amount of avocado or cold-pressed hemp oil, and a sprinkle of lemon juice. On those days, I often don't have nuts or seeds all day, but sometimes I do.

Once a week, I do an all-day and all-night water fast.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2010 10:26PM by suncloud.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 13, 2010 06:07AM

Maritza,

Welcome!

I don't have one ideal day. For me it's ideal to eat what I want on one day and if I want the same thing on the next day... fine. I often eat the same thing for several days in a row. But if I want different things every day and every meal... that's fine too. It all averages out.

When I first started eating raw foods I wanted heavier foods that felt like familiar meals. To help myself with variety, I compiled a list of raw fillings for lettuce wraps. (See "Wraps Galore!" in the recipe and food prep strand.) Then, I ate more nuts, seeds, and spices then because I was transitioning to raw foods, but now I limit fats and have toned done spices.

A sample day then was:
Breakfast: a green lemonade smoothie made from a blend of orange juice, water, lemon, grated ginger,lettuce, apple (It was like I couldn't drink enough of it!)
Mid-morning: As much of one fruit as I wanted, usually 3 bananas or 2 mangos
[(I was afraid that if I felt hungry, I would fail.)
u]Lunch[/u]: Fill bell pepper slices or celery stalks with a raw baba ganoush (or I made a lettuce wrap of some sort).
Mid afternoon: More fruit or another green lemonade (I finally satisfied my craving for them.)
Dinner: A huge salad

I tracked everything I ate on www.fitday.com to ensure that I was getting enough nutrients, thinking that I needed to get variety everyday. My concern was unfounded. Now I don't worry so much. I know I get lots of variety within a month.

I have been eating almost 100% raw for nine months. A sample day for me now is:
Breakfast/Mid-morning: As much of one fruit as I want whenever I want it
Lunch: A salad or a green smoothie or fruit
Mid afternoon: Lately it has been frozen blueberries and a banana, blended and eaten like "ice cream"
Dinner: A huge salad

Best wishes in your search for what works for you!

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 13, 2010 07:29AM

P. S.: Here's what someone else eats on a typical day:

[www.raw-food-health.net]

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 13, 2010 01:20PM

1st food of the day: usually 4-7 bananas, a green smoothie, or 4 c. of other fruit

2nd meal: same as above

3rd meal: same as above

4th meal: same as above

5th meal: same

6th meal: green leafy vegetables, like spinach, with tomatoes, maybe an avocado, bell peppers

7th meal, if hungry: more fruit or more salad

I eat a more clean diet than some others, with no salt, no nuts except one or two Brazils a week, no oils, no powders, no junk, just produce.

The green smoothies usualy have spinach, kale, fresh juice or water, bananas, and maybe one other fruit I have on hand (see below) or just bananas.

The other sweet fruits I commonly eat (but not limited to just these) are grapes, cherries, strawberries, blueberries, mangoes, kiwi, pears, apples, cantalope, grapefruit, oranges, and pineapple.

Posted by: Maritza ()
Date: March 14, 2010 11:32PM

thnks so much for all the replies!

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 15, 2010 01:17AM

For me it varies depending on the season. Yesterday I had the following:

2pm: 10 oranges
6pm: 8 bananas, 8 strawberry smoothies. A vegetable crudité with sliced cucumbers, carrots, celery, and red bell peppers, with a dipping sauce made from 4 tangerines, 2 ribs celery, 1/2 bunch cilantro, 2 tbsp sundried tomatoes, and 3 tbsp hemp seeds.

During the summer, I might have the following:

2pm: 5 pounds watermelon
7pm: 5 pounds watermelon, a salad of 2 romaine hearts with a salsa dressing made from 3 medium tomatoes, a red bell pepper, 6 tomatillos, cilantro

For my dinner, I usually spend some time digesting between the fruit and the salad, depending on what fruit I ate.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables