Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

oldest living cultures
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 13, 2010 12:58AM

Hi, I have seen on a raw food web site that some cultures live to be approx. 120- 130 years old and that 80 is not a normal life span. If this is accurante, does anyone know where I can find data about these cultures online?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: oldest living cultures
Posted by: rawpreston ()
Date: March 13, 2010 03:04AM

Not sure about online but you might want to see John Robbins' book "Healthy at 100: The Scientifically Proven Secrets of the World's Healthiest and Longest-Lived Peoples".

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 13, 2010 07:31AM

For related information, you might want to google "Blue Zones."

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: faeterri ()
Date: March 13, 2010 12:58PM

The Hunza culture has longevity.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 13, 2010 03:04PM

saer,

Where did you read this? All peoples that have non-industrialized lives with abundant unprocessed food and fresh water are long-lived. You might try Googling: the Hunza, the Vilcabambas, the Abkhazians, the Andorrans, and the Okinawans. Bear in mind, that many of these peoples have been incorporated into other larger cultural groups, so their longevity may be a matter of supposition or date back to the era before strict record keeping. Good luck.

Posted by: adrian ()
Date: March 13, 2010 08:34PM

i'm interested in finding out more about this as well, was it from markus rothkranz's site? i think i've heard him say he'd met people who were 120? i can't remember exactly, but i'm very interested to know more about how they live.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables