Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Unusual Fruits
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 14, 2010 10:56AM

I came across this through stumbleupon and thought others might be interested in seeing some unusual fruits:

[www.stumbleupon.com]

My favorite raw vegan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unusual Fruits
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 14, 2010 02:03PM

That was fascinating and strangely revolting at the same time; I balk at eating anything that smells "purtrid." Thanks for posting, Trive! : )

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: March 14, 2010 06:27PM

Those were fun. I think the store down the street sells all of them (not all of the time though). I've had most of them and can't say they appeal. But, it took me about 15 years to be able to appreciate mango.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 14, 2010 07:47PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That was fascinating and strangely revolting at
> the same time; I balk at eating anything that
> smells "purtrid." Thanks for posting, Trive! : )

So you've never had a durian?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 14, 2010 08:27PM

Perhaps I should have written: Due to previous experience, I balk at eating anything that smells "putrid."

Oh, yes, I have had durian. Fresh and dried. Maybe at gunpoint I'd try one again, but it's really not my cup of tea.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 15, 2010 08:24PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perhaps I should have written: Due to previous
> experience, I balk at eating anything that smells
> "putrid."
>
> Oh, yes, I have had durian. Fresh and dried.
> Maybe at gunpoint I'd try one again, but it's
> really not my cup of tea.

Haha...yeah, me neither. My boyfriend loves them, on the two or three occasions I have had the opportunity to buy one. I don't get put off by smells because I know that some things (cabbage, for example) is kind of stinky. But I am not really in love with durian's flavor.

My exotic fruits would include starfruit. I just had one for the first time but I am not sure if it was ripe. It was kind of crunchy, not soft. It tasted like a combo of a cuke and kiwi; just slightly sweet...

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 15, 2010 10:56PM

I've had most of the fruit on that video. The fruit he called longans are really langsat. I love the langsat.

When I was eating cooked food, the durian smelled very putrid to me. But after going raw, my perception of the smell changed quite a bit, and now it smell like a sweet tropical fruit, and of course the taste is heavenly. Yumm.

Durian is my favorite tropical fruit, but my second favorite is the mangosteen. The durian is known as the king of the fruits in Thailand, and the queen of fruits is the mangosteen.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 17, 2010 02:37AM

Mangosteen = favourite fruit ever.
Durian = not so much. Not now, not ever. In Thailand they also refer to it as "the stinky fruit" and it is not allowed in many public places and never, ever at the airport!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables