Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fell off the Wagon
Posted by: thenewguy ()
Date: March 20, 2010 12:20AM

Hi Everyone...

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but not only did I fall off the wagon, but I broke the wagon up into small pieces and burned it.

I was going sooooo strong. All the confidence in the world. I was on vacation with my kids, and BAM! I started eating crap. Got bloated, giant bowel movements, adult acne, the whole deal. That lasted for weeks!!!

I'm back on the wagon (my wagon is about 90% raw btw) and on my way to success again. Had the headache and sore throat detox already. It's been about a week now and I'm starting to get my energy back.

Guess I'm not really looking for any feedback, just hoping the public humiliation will keep me on track.

Thanks,
Bill

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Find out what the dangers of a raw food diet are AND the missing "ingredient" of most raw food diets: [www.rawfoodsdetox.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fell off the Wagon
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 20, 2010 12:56AM

Shame on you, Bill[wagging finger]

Onward and upward, then : )

Posted by: peter b. ()
Date: March 20, 2010 05:13AM

Falling off the wagon is not a sin, but feeling guilty about it is, so don't be a sinner.

Posted by: faeterri ()
Date: March 20, 2010 02:23PM

What I have learned in life is that when I do something that does not support my best interests in well being (eating stuff that makes me bloated, etc.), I then choose to do what does support me. I am grateful for when I fall, for how would I know the difference. Live and learn, acknowledge, grow, and cherish life. Love feeling good!

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: March 20, 2010 02:59PM

I never feel guilty about eating cooked because I only hurt myself when I do that, but I always feel guilty about eating something that is not vegan. I'm starting to feel guilty about eating non-organic because the pesticides affect the health of the farm workers and wildlife.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 20, 2010 06:53PM

tropical Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never feel guilty about eating cooked because I
> only hurt myself when I do that, but I always feel
> guilty about eating something that is not vegan.
> I'm starting to feel guilty about eating
> non-organic because the pesticides affect the
> health of the farm workers and wildlife.

Do you have a specific medical issue which gets aggravated by cooked food or do you feel that everyone suffers when they eat it? What if it's "clean," as in not an animal product or not containing gluten? As I embark on this path of raw, I am striving for a realistic balance. I think some people with lots of health challenges may be very committed to a 100% raw diet, but what if you are pretty good as is, but wish to have more energy, control your weight, and other less life-and-death matters? If I get perfectionistic, I feel that I'll have a greater chance of see-sawing back and forth between SAD and raw. If I don't worry about being "perfect," maybe I can have more consistency...

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 21, 2010 12:46AM

I am disgusted and appalled! Ha! ha! just kidding. Trust me, I know what its like. You have no one to deal with but yourself. Some folks may have to undergo MANY periods of alternating between healthy and unhealthy in order to find what works for THEM.

The goal should always be to find SOME/ANY raw habit that can stick and is appealing - whether it's juice, fruit, salads or whatever. Find what works for you - and the food will be your medicine. If you are worried about 'falling off the wagon' then I advise ALLOWING yourself a number of 'cheat' days per week.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 21, 2010 06:12PM

Falling off the wagon is nothing to worry about because you can always get back on and your body will heal. Its when you fall off the wagon and stay off it that your healing is affected.

Posted by: morgenjune ()
Date: March 22, 2010 04:01PM

This is just the post I needed to stumble appon! I too fell of the wagon and fell off bad. Not only was I eating cooked but the worst kind, all vegan junk food; cookies, chips, pizza... No fruit or veggies and I was over eating everything till I couldn't eat another bite almost to the point getting sick. I was disgusted with myself and a whole bunch of negative feelings, I was comming home from work and plopping down on the couch and just eating. I lost all energy and motivation.

Now I am on day four of a fast and im starting to come out of my mental funk, the energy isnt back yet but im sure it will be. Its good to know that im not the only one who 'falls off the wagon' and feels bad about it and It makes me wonder why I am so hell bent on forcing myself to be 100% raw? I know I want to be some day but why cant I be happy with 80 or 90% raw? And why is it that when I do eat cooked foods I over eat?? Oh well, I guess those are things that will eventually come to me.

Thank you all for such a supportive post!

nomnomnomnom...!

Posted by: cyclopsicle ()
Date: March 23, 2010 04:19PM

I too posted on here in the hopes of embarassing myself into change. I was doing so well, eating high raw, enjoying cooked foods here and there, lots of energy, better skin, sleep, weight loss, I was more flexible, I felt less stress, and now I've gaind it all back, hair and skin isn't as nice, anxiety like never before, and I'm eating CRAP I used to never eat even before I was raw.

I'm so sick of feeling this way and bingeing and crying because of the guilt so I'm DONE. Good luck! I think it's so hard to get past Day 1 but once I'm there I want to build off of it.

Progress, not perfection.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables