Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Liquid Marine Phytoplankton
Posted by: joymaearth ()
Date: March 27, 2010 08:56PM

Does anyone take this? Is there a fishy taste to it? Does it take care of all your Omega oil needs?

Re: Liquid Marine Phytoplankton
Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: March 27, 2010 09:28PM

I tried UMAC's product once. It's suspended in apple juice and I used it in juices and smoothies. All I tasted was the apple juice, but it's pricy and I didn't notice a difference in my health.

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: March 28, 2010 02:19AM

I LOVE Liquid Marine Phytoplankton! I use Ocean's Alive brand because it's 100% pure with no additives. It is very strong, but is something you can get use to if you choose to have it straight. You can add it to water and drink it that way or to a smoothie or juice. The most effective way to consume it is under your tongue. It seems to have all the nutrients you need, other than food of course.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: March 28, 2010 10:30AM

"Does it take care of all your Omega oil needs?"

Probably not. Omega 3 doesn't process well usually. I think it's possible to deliver omega 3's from algae but I'd have to see independent test results to convince me. Minerals and chlorophyll, yes.

I sometimes get fresh algae (seaweed) and juice it but don't depend on that either, there are so many species, all maybe good for minerals, not all good for omega 3's.

Sea salt is what I use daily for sea minerals, excluding iodine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2010 10:43AM by loeve.

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: March 28, 2010 11:26AM

According to the description: "Essential fatty acids-Omega 3, 6, 7, 9. Typically, Omega 3 fatty acids in hemp, flax, & chia seeds are Alpha-linolenic acids, or ALA, which need to be converted in the body through several complicated steps before it can deliver the benefits. No energy is necessary to convert & assimilate the Essential Fatty Acids, minerals, or proteins. Ocean’s Alive nutrients are assimilated immediately, which means instant energy is delivered right into your blood steam."

This is why when I used it during a brief juice fast it was the most effective of the green supplements. I actually could feel it working within a couple of minutes. Fasting is one of the best times to test the effectiveness of supplements.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Date: March 28, 2010 11:43AM

Juice fasts can be low in minerals like chloride and sodium, plants generally scarce in these minerals. Marine plankton would tend to be rich in these electrolytes picking them up from the sea, and so make one feel better on a juice fast, regardless whether they have omega 3's, for those choosing to cut out salt as part of some versions of the lifestyle.

I'm not saying omega 3's would be zero in the supplement (though they may be close to that), but that they would probably not satisfy "all" omega needs.

Date: March 28, 2010 11:58AM

Sunfood sells liquid marine phytoplankton without claiming there are omega 3's in the product. The processing sounds intense including use of "biophotons", which I guess means it is exposed to sunlight or ultra violet light, both tending to brake down omega 3's? --

"This purified ocean water concentrate has the power to preserve the marine phytoplankton in suspended animation, protecting the original life energy, allowing it to be bottled and stored at room temperature with no deterioration. The live blend is then super charged by infusing it with billions of biophotons and finally potentized energetically with its own frequency to maximize the nutritional life force!"

[www.sunfood.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables