Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone healed their FIBROMYALGIA with raw food?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 29, 2010 06:16PM

Hi everyone,

Has anyone here rid themselves of FIBROMYALGIA with raw food?

I am 100% raw and have been for 3 months and just love it. I am an EFT practitioner and studying Life Coaching with raw as my niche. I am working with people with FIBROMYALGIA and would love to hear from others.

Thanks

"H"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone healed their FIBROMYALGIA with raw food?
Posted by: tropical ()
Date: March 30, 2010 03:14AM

As I understand it, fibromyalgia is linked to a B12 deficiency caused by high levels of mercury. The mercury probably comes from silver fillings, and it destroys the cobalt in the B12. A lack of B12 damages the myelin sheath that surrounds and protects nerves. So anything that detoxes mercury and heals the damage should help fibromialgia.

[www.whale.to]
The Sweeds have done a lot of research on B12 and fibromialgia and their therapy involves massive shots of B12 - the type of B12 that starts with "meth".

Selenium is an important mineral for detoxing mercury and brazil nuts are super high in selenium.
[www.mercuryfacts.org]
"In scientific jargon, selenium has an unusually high "binding affinity" for mercury. In layman's terms, this means that when the two elements are found together, they tend to connect, forming a new substance. This makes it difficult for the human body to absorb the mercury separately. So when mercury "binds" to selenium, it's no longer free to "bind" to anything else -- like brain tissue. "

Two people who healed their fibromyalgia on raw:
[www.rawhealing.com]
[rawfibrorecovery.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2010 03:15AM by tropical.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 30, 2010 10:31AM

fibromyalgia can occur from low levels of serotonin and also a malfunction in ATP production.

These will be hard to cure via any diet, magnesium malate or citrate is recommended.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 30, 2010 03:45PM

hinarera Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi everyone,
>
> Has anyone here rid themselves of FIBROMYALGIA
> with raw food?
>
> I am 100% raw and have been for 3 months and just
> love it. I am an EFT practitioner and studying
> Life Coaching with raw as my niche. I am working
> with people with FIBROMYALGIA and would love to
> hear from others.
>
> Thanks
>
> "H"

H,

There is an excellent summary of using raw diets to treat fibromyalgia in the new book, "Becoming Raw, The Essential Guide to Raw Vegan Diets" by Brenda Davis,RD and Vesanto Melina, RD, [www.amazon.com]. Pages 28-29. And the news is good.

The authors conclude based on 3 studies to date studying raw vegan diets and fibromyalgia, the diet offers significant benefit. I will hit the highlights.

* In the US, Donaldson studied 20 fibromyalgia patients on a high raw food vegan diet for 7 months. 15 of the 20 reported dramatic improvement in their condition with a 46 percent reduction in the severity of symptoms. They rated their quality of life over 20 percent higher post-treatment.
* In a Finnish study, patients following a raw and living food diet noticed reduction in pain scores and morning stiffness that returned when/if they resumed a standard diet.

There's more. But in quoting Davis and Melina's conclusion: "From available data, raw vegan diets appear to offer a viable treatment option for people suffering with fibromyalgia. Raw vegan diets appear to be even more effective than standard vegetarian and vegan diets, although further research is needed to confirm these findings". The weight of evidence overall is limited, small studies and clinical trials, but encouraging! Hope this helps. Best.

Paul

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 02, 2010 03:45AM

Wow! Thank you everyone.....so generous and helpful!

"H"

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 03, 2010 10:16PM

Check out Audrey's healing from fibromyalgia in this article My Raw Story.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 04, 2010 03:46AM

a friend of mine healed Firbomyalgia but cutting out all processed foods, and doing healthy things such as tai chi, yoga , meditation, cutting all the negativity from his life and plenty of rest smiling smiley he is not 100% raw but definitely high raw

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: April 04, 2010 04:42PM

When my kundalini was sparking up for my 2000 awakening my nerves got really "raw" as I wasn't doing enough fats/oils to maintain nerve sheaths. I was drawn to collecting/drying/grinding olive leaf...within days the raw feeling disappated. herbalcom.com has olive leaf powder by the pound...you can capulate it and put it in smoothies.
Check out the second half of the Exhaustion Phase section for nerve sheath builders [biologyofkundalini.com]

Posted by: Sunberry ()
Date: April 09, 2010 07:02PM

I was chronically stiff and sore and exhausted before raw. Not anymore. No more asthma or allergies either.

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: July 21, 2010 10:47AM

I know Dr Doug Graham has some testimonials in the back of his book 80/10/10 on this subject.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables