Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to Raw Food Lifestyle
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 01, 2010 03:45AM

I have been 100% raw for 21 days and have developed this itchy rash all over my body. Very uncomfortable but I do not want to stop being 100% any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to Raw Food Lifestyle
Date: April 01, 2010 03:58AM

Well, it might have something to do with your diet and it might not. Could you give up some more information like how you ate before, what you are eating now, if you have made any other changes recently, etc.

To relieve the itch a warm bath with a cheesecloth bundle of ground oats to soothe your skin might help out.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 01, 2010 04:27AM

Some people like to slow down their detox by eating some cooked meals, but I think getting the toxins out of the body quickly, assuming you can bear the discomfort, is the best. But you need to decide what's best for you.

This rash will pass in time all by itself when your body is finish cleaning itself out.

Date: April 01, 2010 02:10PM

I was previously eating SAD and went straight to 100% raw with no transition period. The first 3 days I felt bad then I felt great and then the rash started on my legs and slowing spread over my entire body and I've had it for about 2 weeks.

Date: April 01, 2010 02:13PM

I agree that I should sick out the detox I was just wondering how long the rash would last. Even with the rash I feel better than I did before I went raw.

Date: April 01, 2010 02:50PM

A lot of things get chalked up to detox, and some of them are just that but to be on the safe side I would see someone about a rash that's spreading and has lasted for 2 weeks.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: April 02, 2010 04:19PM

Maggie,

First of all, I congratulate you on your choice and agree that your symptoms may be detox and may be something else (thanks Coco). But suffering in silence isn't acceptable. Unless treating symptoms interferes with detox if that is what it is, it's preferable to treat the symptoms rather than either just roughing it out or going back to the old diet. First of all, any other causes, poison ivy, sumac? Were you in the woods recently? If so, there are better products on line and your rash may have nothing to do with your lifestyle change. Assuming that's not the case, I would say use gentle topical relief, e.g. a bath treatment you can buy at any CVS or drug store near you. e.g. [www.amazon.com]. Or get an over the counter cortisone cream with aloe for the hot spots. I'd give it a few days to see if there iimprovement unless the symptoms get worse quick in which case I completely agree with Coco. It's possible the rash has nothing to do with the lifestyle change in which case, a medical opinion is called for. Hope you feel better.

Paul

Date: April 03, 2010 04:53AM

Went to the doctor, he gave me an epi shot and some steroid pills. He said I could be having an allergic reaction to something I ate. I'm eating a whole new way for me so unless I go back to the way I use to eat I don't know what else to do?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 03, 2010 02:05PM

Maggie,

If you haven't already done so, write down everything you eat and record whether the rash worsens, or stays the same afterward. I tend to think it's likely detox symptoms; that is, it's a latent infection of some kind finally leaving for good, but if it's a reaction to a food, you may want to isolate it and avoid it for now. Speedy healing to you : )

Date: May 14, 2010 11:01AM

Hi
One author pointed out that most people when they die are considered toxic waste cause they have so much toxins in them.

I agree with the other person who mentioned ease into raw have a cooked meals.
When I went raw it was a little challenging cause I felt I could find out a little more about being nutritionally sound. David Wolfe wrote a book called "Eating for Beauty" -that explains a lot about the food and nutritional qualities. He also wrote a book called "The Sunfood Diet System" -He's one of the top nutritional experts in the world/ and RAW experts! Gabriel Cousens rules too, I recommend any of his work, "Conscious Eating" and the one I love is "Spiritual Nutrition." The rash thing reminds me you may be stressed and changing diet could have been done in a stressful essence looking to change your life and then the body begins to display expressions of it, as it may be detoxing.
I would say a himalayan sea salt bath, a good sweat in a sauna, and some msm to add into your diet. MSM is natural sulfer and since the conventional food soils have been super depleted of minerals then the body may not be getting a proper amount of mineral nutrients. The MSM provides the body with the proper nutrition to produce healthy connective tissue (SKIN) and connective tissue holds the organs in place.

I also would suggest finding a pure water source, spring water, from a trusted source, bottled in glass.

A good fast including a intestinal cleanse may be great and a liver cleanse (the liver in some traditions is considered, "the second heart"winking smiley

Another idea is before eating or drinking in the am have a little warm warm water with lemon (organic) dripped in it. This is great liver support and vit c support.

I always suggest eating totally organic to mostly.
If all else, I suggest finding a naturalpath doctor you trust, for they understand herbs and real deal health.

Blessings of Health
LOVE

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables