Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Well I totally crapped out my diet lol
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: April 11, 2010 07:00PM

hi jodi

you knew what the possible risks were before you made your decision.

so now you have view from the other perspective (which is obviously not very pleasant).

everybody had a different technique of getting settled in to where they want to habitate.

you chose this one so learn from it and realize its not the end of the world only a reminder of what lurks......

real easy to get back on track.....do a 5-7 day juice fast with enemas and get a focus on what you are doing and pay no attention to outside influences.( the latter is probably the most difficult...so really center yourself and stand firm)

things will no doubt improve if you wish them to.

i wish you a strong recovery.

juicin' john

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 12, 2010 02:16AM

LaV thanks and huge hugs to you too glad to see you back smiling smiley yep i drink lemon and water more so in the summer, but i will try it an see if it picks me up some smiling smiley feeling better from the cold today been just water fasting a couple of days , its gonna be a hectic week around here so im gonna at least start juicing tommorrow again smiling smiley

Hey John, yes i totally understand. I'll think about the enemas but i have to admit ive never been able to do them to my own self alone very well lol. I have gone to colon hydrotherapy in the past smiling smiley Thanks for your well wishes smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 16, 2010 11:23AM

hey jodi

hugs back
i hope you are feeling better
yeah i like lemon mostly in the summer time too
but i always like it no matter

Date: April 17, 2010 08:41PM

feeling pretty good LaV 8)

coming to conclusions

accepting things for what they are

no sense getting mad about things i cant control anyways

my mother is going to play out her life/drama in whatever she sees fit

im just going to provide her with a safe place to be and all the love i have and whatever is or happens is whatever is and happens

and get on with my life smiling smiley

Posted by: zella ()
Date: April 19, 2010 11:53PM

I have recently needed to detox some crap outta my body and found the steam room at the gym really helped me sweat out the toxins. I have never really been much of a sweater when I work out. So it's nice to have that feeling of release. I hope you can try it.

Vegetarian Children's Book Club ~ [VegetarianChildrensBookClub.com]

Books for and about Vegetarian, Vegan, and Raw Vegan Kids!

Date: April 20, 2010 02:40AM

funny Zella i totally relate to that im not much of a sweater either even when im going hard at it , i totally dig steam an saunas smiling smiley i had a really bad case of impetgo when i was a kid like almost head to toe covered in scabs as a result i think there must have been some follicular damage as im nearly hairless (which isnt a bad thing for the leg situation lol) on my body compared to the rest of my family genetically speaking and i dont release a whole lot of sweat (which could be a bad thing detox wise)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2010 02:43AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: April 20, 2010 04:12AM

Look on the bright side, Jodi.

At least your return to the standard diet has resulted in dramatic (negative) effects. This should have the effect of 'remarrying' you to the healthy diet for a much longer period than the first!

It would have been worse if those things hadn't happened and its ill effects creeped up on you slowly...

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: April 20, 2010 04:15AM

What a great thing to happen, Jodi.

Those dramatic ill effects will result in your 'remarrying' yourself to the raw food diet.

It would have been worse if you hadn't had those effects and the standard diet did its dastardly work more gradually...

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: April 20, 2010 09:21PM

Yes, and another positive is that now that you've done it once, you know for sure you can do it again. Sometimes that can be the biggest hurdle - just knowing we can do it.

Glad you're feeling better!

Date: April 21, 2010 03:26AM

yep no kidding whooey lol , i been juicing now for 2.5 days just keeping things calm here trying to keep it together

i did wake up yesterday and noticed a bump on the back o f my knee .. so as i was contorting myself trying to see it i saw it was a big black mole (gasp !) so i zipped over to the doctor and had him look

it wasnt a mole it was a tick imbedded into my skin ...ewwwwwwww lol , so he froze it an did a tick-ectomy and removed the little hitchhiker dang gross uuck !

now he wants me to go get tested for lymes just in case cuz it had a fairly large circle around it of inflamed skin... greeeeeeeat smiling smiley

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: April 21, 2010 06:13AM

Well, good you caught the thing right away! My understanding is Lymes can be a lot more serious if allowed to fester undetected for a while. Hope you don't have it, but if you do, you should be OK since it was caught early on.

Boy, if it's not one thing, it's another. Ain't it so? Keeps us on our toes I guess.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 21, 2010 10:51AM

I would load up on the probiotics.

Date: April 21, 2010 08:57PM

i hear ya , i went back into him today and he doesnt think i do , the redness is completely gone but he is going to test just in case smiling smiley

yep 007 on my way this afternoon for the herbalist store smiling smiley

Posted by: OkunDeji ()
Date: April 24, 2010 12:42AM

Thank you JGunn
For sharing your experience, it takes courage. I have not been around the forum for months, (sad smiley letting life take over and my recovery takes a back seat,) ever so slowly until like you, I find myself needing to get back on track.
I am also faced with possible forced relocation, stress inducing, and when I get stressed I revert to what i know. CRAP food. I only been in this raw food world for 18 months, the crap food world for 43 years, lol. Based on that I know which one is winning.
I have to make a conscious decision to let my spirit guide me, so I have started meditating again and saying affirmations for healthy lifestyle. I feeling calmer, and when I throw in my yoga, it puts me in the right condition to make better choices.
Alcohol is deadly for me, thank God I have been sober 6 years now. There is support out there, especially if you are in a city. Seek and you shall find.
I like this one, the safety tips on flights, make sure you get you mask on before you try to help anyone else! Can you dig it.
Peace and blessings.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 26, 2010 11:18AM

hi jodi

(waving handssmiling smiley

hope you are doing beautifully
and shining

when r u gonna don your ninja outfit
and start planting more trees in the middle of the night
huh?

inquiring minds wanna know!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 29, 2010 11:03PM

You said you weren't thinking...and you weren't. You were feeling. It's quite human to eat to combat intense emotions.

Maybe you were rebelling against your emotions using food instead of words or actions that might have caused others pain had you expressed or acted on them?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2010 11:07PM by peggy.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables