Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Books
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 22, 2006 07:10PM

Hi,

I am new to raw foods and am looking for some book suggestions. I am interested in purchasing one book that discusses the benefits of raw food, transitionary periods, real life scenarios -- like a comprehensive guide to raw foods. Something that one should read before getting into raw foods and then continue to use it as a reference.

Another book I am interested in purchasing is a simple recipe book for everyday meals. Meals that don't advocate the use of a dehydrator. I have spent many a dollar in the recent weeks on a juicer and a Vitamix blender. I don't think I can afford to buy another piece of equipment right away. I have the Pure Food and Wine book, but the recipes are time consuming and for special occassions. Also many call for Coconut meat/water, which is hard to get for me. So basically recipes sans dehydrator and coconut meat!

Lastly, I am looking for a good basic book on juicing.

Thank you. Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Books
Posted by: macfly ()
Date: August 23, 2006 04:14AM

hi joshipooja,

thank you for your clearly articulated post. continue to always ask questions with clarity and forethought, and you'll find continued success and happiness in your Health journey.

you may find Alissa Cohen's book "Living On Live Food" to be beneficial in the beginning stages. while the recipes themselves are diverse (some require a dehydrator, some are quite simple), the supportive and open nature of transitioning to raw foods that she presents is very positive. there are testimonials from various folks for whom eating more raw food has changed their lives. i've heard the same of the Boutenko's "Raw Family" book, though i haven't read it.

as for a simple recipe book for everyday meals -- frankly, everything you need is on the internet if you're willing to search. but beyond that check out Doug Graham's "High-Energy Diet Recipe Guide" (available from foodnsport.com).

the longer you do this, the easier and simpler it gets. there are a lot of myths and fog to sift through in terms of the massive amount of information out there these days. the freely available out-of-print books on soilandhealth.org have stood the test of time and truth. a few other websites that have influenced me:

rawschool.com
livingnutrition.com
foodnsport.com
www.vegsource.com/raw
rawfoodsupport.com (of course!)

hopefully that gets you started...
best to you in your journey!

Posted by: innervegetable ()
Date: August 23, 2006 07:25AM

Hey!

Check out

Concious Eating by Gabriel Cousens

Eating Without Heating by Sergei and Valya Boutenko (wonderful recipes...)

Sunfood Diet Success System by David Wolfe (basics/guide/references...)

Rainbow Livefood Cuisine by Gabriel Cousens (insights/recipes...)

Posted by: Raine ()
Date: August 24, 2006 05:19AM

I've always found Jethro Kloss' "Back to Eden" to be interesting reading. Rather old fashioned - but interesting none the less.

Date: August 24, 2006 05:42AM

I like David Wolfe's new book.

Date: August 24, 2006 05:43AM

Also, David Jubb has so excellent ones. Very scientific. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables