Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Kombucha
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 29, 2006 05:48AM

Speaking of Russia and kombucha, here is what Victoria Boutenko said about it in her raw FAQ:

DO YOU LIKE KOMBUCHA TEA?

I don't believe that Kombucha is as helpful as they say, because I came from Russia. There, everyone has Kombucha tea on their windowsill, and it doesn't seem to help much.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: August 29, 2006 11:33PM

innervegetable Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lisa m,
>
> kijam (majik) is a word we use for person.

cool (:

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: August 30, 2006 08:17PM

Well, I don't consider Victoria Boutenko to be an expert at all. She just happened to write a few books about how her family went raw and that's it. She's not an expert nor nutritionist. I do, however, respect her as a person but wouldn't ever take her nutritional advice especially since she's not a vegan and hasn't been abstaining from animal products for longer than me. When she spends the time to write a book about the benefits, or lack thereof, for kombucha then atleast she'll have a leg to stand on. Till then, she's just another person sharing their opinion.

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 04, 2006 12:08AM

Jessica,

I found out that whole foods sells Kombucha by the case at about 36.00 I like it a lot too! Very Energizing!

Posted by: innervegetable ()
Date: September 04, 2006 12:46AM

Marcos, you obviously don't know Victoria. She's one of the brightest lights out there, you would only be blessed by her wisdom or kindness.

Date: September 04, 2006 10:18PM

Actually, I do know Victoria and her book 12 Steps to Raw has been an amazing light in my life. However, that still doesn't make her an expert. Also, I don't listen to health advice from any non-vegans of which she is. This doesn't mean I don't respect her but she was eating unhealthy for longer than I've been eating healthy so why would I take her advice on health? That would be like my taking your info on how to make money when I am quite successful on my own. I mean would you go to a financial adviser and let him advice you if you were making 2+ million a year and his salary is $50,000? I think the answer is NO. So why would you allow someone that has not been living a life half as healthy as yours counsel you on what is healthy and what is not. Having been a vegan for 20+ years gives me enough nutritional knowledge to make my own choices.

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 10, 2006 09:19PM

Does anybody here use used synergy or gt (?) bottles for storing home-made kombucha? I ahve been using them for kefir and wonder if the tops are OK for kombucha. I understand, some people don't approve of kombucha, so I am not asking for any opinions about kombucha - just to hear from happy users who make it and bottle it with good result. (tips welcome!) Thanks

Also, in Eat Fat Lose Fat, Mary and Sally advise against putting the kombucha containers in the dishwasher? I which *they* had a Q&A! I use only 7th generation or trader joes (with same ingredients as 7th generation) dishwashing powder, so no chlorine except for what is in NYC water, which has a great reputation as municipal waters go.
Thanks

Posted by: innervegetable ()
Date: September 10, 2006 10:24PM

half as healthy as you huh? I doubt that. Marcos, Im guessing youre young and think you know everything. Someone who is an idealist by theory, can't help themselves until they get first hand experience, life experience, trial and error... Victoria has been around, gaining first hand experience in rawfood nutrition for over a decade. her research is also hard science, not ideal theory...

How are you twice as healthy as her Marcos?

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: September 11, 2006 02:11AM

chester-

i brewed Kombucha and used the Gt's/synergy bottles for a while, but i found the caps didn't do well being reused. i would recommend finding another storage container, like canning jars. not the best to drink from (though i don't mind them), but safer.

wow, there are some strong feeling out there about kombucha! i must say, it really helped me go raw two years ago, and though i couldn't stay 100% raw while pregnant, i'm brewing it again now to help me cut back on my processed foods. i know it's kinda a questionable 'raw' food, hot water, tea, suger (i have used raw sugars as well), but it really helped me and my husband detox from smoking, coffee, alcohol (it was college), and processed/cooked foods.

when i'm totally raw for over six months, i find i don't want it at all. but getting there is a struggle, so i'll take all the help i can!

Date: September 11, 2006 03:09AM

Innervegetable,

I have a seventeen year old son. Now, how young do you think I am?

Peace,

Marcos

Posted by: Arvydas ()
Date: September 11, 2006 03:51PM

Victoria Boutenko isn't vegan? How so? I'm curious what she/her family eats that isn't vegan.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables