Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Bowel movements
Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: August 23, 2006 04:24PM

I know this is gross to talk about but.....What should bowel movements look like when a person is on raw? Does it change over time? How many times a day should one have a BM?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bowel movements
Posted by: Raine ()
Date: August 24, 2006 05:18AM

A person that is on a typical diet with lots of processed food, will usually have BM's that are hard and compact.

A person that is eating raw and healthy will typicaly have BM's that are large and very easy to pass - they are also usually lighter in color and less smell.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: August 24, 2006 09:21AM

Not that I like talking about bowl movements, but you did ask.

I think Raine's description is pretty accurate. I @#$%& when ever I feel the need. Some times this can be 3 times in a hour, but normally atleast twice a day, morning before going to work and before going out dancing in the evening. I take a spoon full of psyllium (soluble dietry fiber) in my breakfast smoothy. Since going raw, I've found, er, that I use less toilet paper to clean up afterwards... another reason going raw is good for the environment, I guess.

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: August 25, 2006 01:35AM

I, on the other hand, like talking about poo, because it relates to diet and is therefore of interest to me.

I'm like 80%+ most days, I usually have 2-3 BMs a day, and they are almost always fairly large and come out very easily. The odour is also less pungent than it is when I eat more poorly. My own experiences seem to corroborate Raine's statement.

Cheers!

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: August 25, 2006 02:36AM

lol

What do you mean by "fairly large"?

Date: August 25, 2006 06:30AM

I couldn't tell you the exact measurements...

Posted by: Raine ()
Date: August 25, 2006 02:58PM

"fairly large" in relation to the size when one is eating a diet of processed foods. But, due to the softness of them and the fact that you rarely have to strain to pass them, the size is irrelevant.

Date: August 26, 2006 05:50AM

I would agree, although the size has been fairly consistent for me, regardless of diet.

Posted by: juve ()
Date: August 26, 2006 06:23AM

it varies. accordingly to what foods are eaten, when your body is "detoxing" or "cleaning house", etc...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables