Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Vegan Hilde Larsen Has Died at 56
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: April 09, 2022 12:46AM

She thought she was detoxing....

Facebook:
Hilde Larson Facebook

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2022 12:47AM by NuNativs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Vegan Hilde Larsen Has Died at 56
Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: April 09, 2022 04:27AM

Tragic, bloody tragic. Typical orthorexia.

Many years ago, I was basically vegan and my consumption of fats and oils was really low for a couple of years. I slowly began craving fats and oils I would have killed for and finally increased my intake of oils and my cravings went away.

I told someone my story recently and he said, yup, "It's DETOX. It take a long time to detox from your previous fatty diet (fats, meat, etc.), as in YEARS."

What bullsht. I am so glad I had the common sense to see this craving was no detox at all.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 09, 2022 05:23AM

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 09, 2022 07:26PM

Another dry fasting death like robert lockhart?

has little to do with vegan diet

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: April 09, 2022 08:37PM

NuNativs
She thought she was detoxing....

OMG, she is so annoying! Who died and made her the arbiter of the perfect diet for everybody. What does she do - get attention by stalking all the raw vegans' videos looking to critique something about their diet. eye rolling smiley

Yup - [www.youtube.com]

I can't even think about Hilde because I can't get past this bitch's audacity.

Date: April 09, 2022 09:36PM

And yet, here's a life-long vegan/raw guy who seems to be doing well -

Vegan Since 1951! 32 Years Raw! A Natural Man of Many Skills; Mark Huberman

[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 09, 2022 10:41PM

Prana
Mark Tassi on Hidle Harsen: The Unfortunate Death of Raw Vegan Hilde Larsen

Thanks, Prana! That was good.

I wish I had known there was a gory part in there - I would have skipped it. I don't really watch anything scary or violent.

It's funny he doesn't like Morris and also made a comment about John Rose - lol

I've been dry fasting from 6 or 8 at night until noon the next day - 16 hours - for decades. They call it intermittent fasting now. I think there's a big difference between water fasting and dry fasting.

I also only drink water on an empty stomach - from like noon until 2:00, before I start eating for the day, when I drink my 4 glasses of water and have no water during the day. I feel like when you drink water after eating or in between eating during the day, it changes your stomach acids/digestion.

But I'm not into dry fasting for longer periods of time. And with the raw diet, vegan diet, any eating style, I think it matters that you eat Enough food. Like maybe Hilde also just never ate enough food.

Date: April 09, 2022 10:55PM

Horsea

Many years ago, I was basically vegan and my consumption of fats and oils was really low for a couple of years. I slowly began craving fats and oils I would have killed for and finally increased my intake of oils and my cravings went away.

I'm into the SOS diet - no Salt, Oil, Sugar. I've researched oils and - at least for cooked oils - many are of the belief that they're responsible for many of our health problems. Like macular degeneration, AGEs - haha, I forget what else because it's been a couple years since I learned about it. Fried, broiled foods with oils are horrible for us IMO. Just look at what the oils do to the dish you cooked them in. Raw oils may be fine, though. Especially like raw olive oil, raw hemp oil. Although the No Oil people think it's the 'Seed Oils' that're the problem. And yes, they believe that it takes like a year or two to detox from the oils in our system - or maybe that means to repeair the damage from the oils, IDK. Also for me personally, all oils, nuts, avocados, even raw, give me a headache and make me tired.

Salt, also. I feel like salt screws up and kills our cells and dehydrates us. But I won't go into that.

Both the 'Oils are bad for people' and 'Salt is bad for people' issues are difficult to find information on. Sort of like 'Coffee is bad for people', but I won't get into that, either.

Date: April 10, 2022 12:14AM

Salt, also. I feel like salt screws up and kills our cells and dehydrates us. But I won't go into that.

I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that it is the sodium portion which must be greatly restricted if we are to be healthy. (Though I did read in a health book that a few people with certain hormonal issues do need more sodium. I guess that there are exceptions to everything in this world.)

Now, have you ever heard this - that people used to get their chloride component from Potassium chloride, not sodium chloride. (We need chloride in order to be able to produce stomach acid.) I kid you not. NaCl may really be a poison. You are on to something by avoiding it.

Next: 'Coffee is bad for people', but I won't get into that, either.

As you likely know, old Chinese medicine (incorrectly labeled 'traditional'), finds nothing unacceptable. It all depends on who is ingesting it, how and why. There is a place for everything, according to their thinking, but I'd say that goes too far sometimes.

[www.itmonline.org]

Title of above article is: COFFEE IN CHINA

and the Analysis of Coffee According to Traditional Chinese Medicine

by Subhuti Dharmananda, Ph.D., Director, Institute for Traditional Medicine, Portland, Oregon

Date: April 10, 2022 03:02AM

Jennifer
I can't even think about Hilde because I can't get past this bitch's audacity.

She's pretty annoying, especially her amateur delivery I'll give you that. Yet she has chronicled a lot of the damage and deaths and the mentality that contributes to these failures...

Date: April 10, 2022 03:06AM

Horsea
I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that it is the sodium portion which must be greatly restricted if we are to be healthy. (Though I did read in a health book that a few people with certain hormonal issues do need more sodium. I guess that there are exceptions to everything in this world.)

I just visited some Indian ruins in Northern AZ built around 1000 A.D., and they went out of their way to go into the surrounding mountains to get salt. It was a highly valued and traded commodity. Desert people seemed to hold it in high regard. Basing your LIFEstyle around arbitrary rules seems short sighted. As WE are now REMOVED from the natural world, it's tough to find balance. You can make out countless health regimes and diets based on the unnatural selection present in modern stores...

Date: April 10, 2022 04:10AM

@NuNativs. Oh, I've no doubt that we need a bit of sodium chloride. Something to do with our having originated in the sea. However, it's all in the quantity. Also, maybe some people shouldn't have any at all? Jennifer doesn't seem to need any salt at all! Amazing.

Certain foods and herbs contain more sodium than potassium; this is all about the balance between the two. I read this in one of Norman Walker's books.

And Jennifer needs no oils or oily foods. There's all this propaganda telling us we must have at least some amount of these substances.

@Jennifer. This idea that it takes years to detox from the oils in our body - well, maybe, maybe not. I read in my health book by Paul Pitchford that taking (organic) essential oil of lavender will remove poor quality oils that are hanging around in our body. Another health writer sez it is dangerous to ingest lavender oil, but I am not buying it. I just followed the instructions (dosage is one drop) in my book and here I am, still alive to tell the tale. I take lavender oil sporadically but whether or not all the old, poor quality oils are gone or not, I don't know.

[www.whiterabbitinstituteofhealing.com]

I find that life is hard enough as it is without restricting myself of a hundred different things but anyone who finds it easy to live in this manner, my hat's off to you.

Date: April 10, 2022 11:14PM

Well, regarding oils - oils aren't a whole food. It takes how many seeds or whatever to make a teaspoon of oil. And except for Raw Oils, some are heavily processed and then exposed to high heat in cooking. I do eat raw nuts and seeds (especially hemp seeds), raw butters sometimes and try avocados and coconut occasionally, so I get fat that way.

Edgar Cayce says if you eat two Almonds a day you will never get cancer (remember the laetrile thing where the government outlawed laetrile, so there must have been some validity to it) and that one Brazil Nut a day supplies all the selenium you need. (Never eat more than like one brazil nut a day because I read about people who had gotten selenium toxicity from eating too many brazil nuts and even after they stopped eating them, they still had the side effects.)

Date: April 15, 2022 09:20PM

I'm so happy that I finally found this information about Salt that I had read a few years ago. It's almost impossible to find any information stating that Salt is harmful to our health. "We need Salt." Just like the mantra - "Distilled Water leaches minerals from your body." eye rolling smiley

From Andrew Norton Weber - the Urine Therapy/Distilled Water guy.

Salt Crimes

[andrewnortonwebber.com]

and -

Poisonous Salts

[andrewnortonwebber.com]

Date: April 17, 2022 04:33AM

Most primitive people, in their natural state, use no salt. Bartholomew found Chinese of the interior ate no salt. Dr. Benjamin Rush found the American Indians never ate salt when discovered by the white man.

Well, now. Here is something interesting. Annemarie Colbin in her quite good book Food and Healing opined that without salt people remain in their primitive state. Babies do not need any salt at all, but at some point they will start to want it, usually when they start to talk.

I think anyone would be fascinated by Colbin's research on salt, not only its physical characteristics but also its meaning in human development. She stresses that too much salt is dangerous, which of course you know. However, she says that some small amount is essential.

IMO, most people can get their jolt of organic sodium from certain vegetables instead of consuming salt. The chloride portion of salt is another matter.

The chapter on salt in the above mentioned book is on Page 184 and believe me, it really is food for thought.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2022 04:38AM by Horsea.

Date: April 17, 2022 09:23PM

Horsea

Well, now. Here is something interesting. Annemarie Colbin in her quite good book Food and Healing opined that without salt people remain in their primitive state. Babies do not need any salt at all, but at some point they will start to want it, usually when they start to talk.

I think anyone would be fascinated by Colbin's research on salt, not only its physical characteristics but also its meaning in human development. She stresses that too much salt is dangerous, which of course you know. However, she says that some small amount is essential.

Hmmm, I'll take that with a grain of salt.

I always wondered if raw foodists who start eating salt start getting cravings and end up eating cooked ...

I have nothing to back that up with.

Nutrition Facts Dr. Greger has some good videos on the effects of salt -

Sodium & Arterial Function: A-Salting our Endothelium

[nutritionfacts.org]

Scroll down under the video for more salt articles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2022 09:25PM by Jennifer.

Posted by: ReubenT ()
Date: May 30, 2022 02:17AM

Detox can be of benefit, sometimes seriously needed. but I do not recommend keeping it up more than 10 days at a time. A good 10 day program done right can turn around most any disease issue. Long term balance is good. And I've seen plenty of people go vegan and loose their health. (My mother for one, in the 70's) She recognized what was doing it and went back to lacto/ovo vegetarian. In our lifetime of research we find the main problem with it is unbalanced nutrition. And much of the cause of that is unbalanced soils, leached out of some minerals badly. Nutrient dense fertility management in agriculture studies is needed.
Introduction to it at; [www.westonaprice.org]

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: October 03, 2022 02:02PM

I'd rather loose my health than hurt animals - fortunately I don't have to make that choice.

Date: October 03, 2022 09:05PM

Cool, so you're Anti-Abortion, also. Yay!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables