Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Check out my mate that eats raw meat/primal/paleo diet!!!
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: June 18, 2010 10:57AM

His teeth are rotting, hair falling out, energy just going downhill..I hope oneday he wakes up..

Here is a vid I did about him.

[www.30bananasaday.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Check out my mate that eats raw meat/primal/paleo diet!!!
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 18, 2010 11:08AM

Dont get me wrong, Im against the raw paleo diet... But the thing is, it sounds like your friend isnt even following it, as everything I read over there states its supposed to be super fresh, and your friend seems to be ok with eating it really really old... most likely why he was sick... as Ive seen a number of long time raw paleo diet people who are super careful, and although they dont look like what id call healthy, they dont look anything like your friend, for that matter none of them i saw seemed to look severely malnourished, theres also a chance your friend could have some serious parasites, a big danger from that kind of diet... some people into the whole raw paleo thing even try to say parasites are good for you... which well, obviously isnt the case, or else they wouldnt be called parasites,lol...

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 18, 2010 02:35PM

Is he actually arguing that the spoiling part of the meat is somehow "culturing" and that this is healthy? Do these people have any science at all to back up their hypotheses? At all? Also, I'd bet my right hand your friend is anemic.

IMO, the paleo diet is the worst eating disorder in the modern world.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 18, 2010 02:39PM

I agree the diet is nasty, but from what I can tell on the forum I checked out, spoiling the meat is the opposite of what they seem to normally do, everything I saw was about getting the freshest meat possible... they did state that parasites are good for you...its obviously kinda crazy... but I dont think eating spoiled meat is a normal part of the paleo diet, as everything ive seen about it says the opposite...

Posted by: Nubster ()
Date: June 18, 2010 02:45PM

That's just...wow...I could not hear the video at all, no volume to it but I didn't really need to in order to get the affect.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: June 22, 2010 04:28PM

Shockingly revolting!
He looks like walking death.
And did you see the flies all around the meat??

I could hardly finish watching it.

Vinny

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: June 22, 2010 07:15PM

I agree with Curator. I didn't watch but I don't think it's fair to blame this extreme example on the "raw meat" completely. I mean, that stupid family on WifeSwap at raw meat..raised their kids on it and they had energy to run a farm.. despite looking pale and unhealthy.

Someone could call themselves raw/vegan and become unhealthy and then the diet is blamed. There's people all over the place bashing raw and/or vegan for similar reasons, low energy, vitamin//mineral imbalances, losing too much weight..etc.

Date: June 22, 2010 09:07PM

BackAgain,

Possibly. But let us be fair and say that a raw vegan diet is less likely to lead to life threatening conditions like inflammation or parasitic infection.
The thing that bothers me about meatist raw foodism is that:

a.) it is based on bunk paleoanthropology, rather than biology, and

b.) it is generally touted so arrogantly[not in the video subject's case], as though these people that have been eating this way for two or three years are any indicator of whether the diet is not just sustainable, but nourishing.

This kind of health faddishness tends to backfire badly. I will consider paleo eating a valid way of doing things when in 20 years, the majority of its proponents aren't dead of colon or liver cancer.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: June 26, 2010 01:55PM

Hello Tamukha,
Although Anthropological information can be abused,isn't there evidence that many humans ate animal foods, and roasted foods, as found in various digs around campfires? That is the type of thing which also generates conventional ideas that grains and roasted meat are part of a 'balanced diet'. Unfortunately, fruit peels decay much faster than bones and charcoal, so I guess that is the reason why I haven't heard of piles of fruit peels around a central eating area. one has to be careful about criticism of dietary ideals when dealing with anthropological evidence, as it seems to be a bias towards conventional eating paterns, whatever that is. Most conventional eaters don't seem to really examine things too closely.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 26, 2010 04:51PM

I don't base my present decisions on waht people have done in the past. Do you?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 26, 2010 05:27PM

Not even as far back as my parents tongue sticking out smiley.

Date: June 26, 2010 05:48PM

Mislu,

Yes. What I am referring to is paleo eaters' insistence that Cro Magnon was a heavy meat eater eschewing most plant foods; their present attempts to declare Neanderthal some sort of specimen of excellence; and their denying that fruit was a major food to hominids through the millenia. It's really whacky. As I said to one person posting something along those lines at YouTube, I'm not a Neanderthal and you aren't either. If you wanna say you need raw meat to thrive, go ahead, but there's no scientific evidence that the rest of us do.

Date: June 28, 2010 10:21PM

tamukha,
I said that other people have found evidence of humans and prehumans eating cooked items and animal foods. Maybe one day evidence of other food paterns will come forward. But for whatever reason there is evidence of some people eating other than living foods. No, I am not a neanderthal, but I am not a chip or other primate either.

There is something interesting in the conversation,

you say
"fruit was a major food to hominids through the millenia."

Yet Utopian Life says

"I don't base my present decisions on waht [sic] people have done in the past."

So these are two conflicting point of view. I thought I would point that out. I am hesitant to say either one is right or wrong.

Date: June 29, 2010 01:35PM

Mislu,

Uh, not disagreeing with either of you. Especially your statements that in prehistory, humans ate cooked foods and meat and grains--I'm a trained cook! I am disagreeing with the more bizarre Paleo Diet hypotheses. Paleo Eaters acknowledge the cooked omnivore diet of our [recent]ancestors, but their hypotheses hinge on what more primitive hominids[whose species we are not] ate. From a dialectic perspective, how far back are they willing to go to make their argument? And how far back must I go to enjoin them? If they argue such and such according to their interpretation of paleoanthropology, I must counter argue according to what I know of paleoanthropology, right? PEs, particularily raw ones, don't like having to acknowledge that our [recent] ancestors ate cooked foods; mentioning grain foods in particular sends them into paroxisms of naysaying. Maybe that's why they go back to the Dawn of Man for their evidence.

Personally, what Utopian Life seems to believe makes sense to me: you should base your diet on what makes sense to your body in the here and now, and not on the anthropological record. And you should not make generalizations about Homo sapiens' diet in the here and now that cannot be supported by modern biological science, either. Unfortunately, that argument doesn't seem to work with the PEs I've tussled with, so I reluctantly take the two-can-play-at-that-game tack, and that usually ends the discussion--peace in our time!

Date: June 30, 2010 03:16PM

Tamukha,
Thank you for the response. I will have to think about it some more. But the video at the start of the thread is not good. I think few people would be persuaded to eat like that. I am surprised that hes eating like that. I have a relative that eats aged fish, but not part of a paleo diet. Shes in good health, but I know that health officials in her area have advised against it, because of botulism. Nothing to play around with. Younger generations don't know the proper preparation. I have never had aged fish, just for the record.

Sorry, I didn't mean to start an arguement, its just that certain nutritional paradigms are just so strong, and I come accross them over and over again, even when I am not particularly looking for them. Usually its in the context of human history and 'advancement' of culture and civilization, some discussion of what is civilized foods. In any case I never knew the basis and theory of paleo. I will have to look into it a bit more to better understand it.

Date: July 01, 2010 07:29AM

My mate doesnt eat any cooked carbs or much sweet fruit so thats why he has no energy. I know people that promote paleo/primal diet etc but they are chowing down the rice, pasta etc and people are thinkingn they have energy from a 2oz piece of gold fish or something..

Yeah the sound quality was poor..sorry about that.

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: July 01, 2010 11:36AM

this is nasty, is this really necessary to post?

Date: July 01, 2010 06:18PM

durianrider,
He looks pretty unhappy also. When he eats it looks like a real chore. If there is any evidence of people ever eating like this, was it when there were no other foods to eat? I just can't imagine many people choosing to eat things like that, unless there is nothing else.

Date: July 05, 2010 01:13AM

Yeah poor Ian certaintly doesnt enjoy his food as evident in this video. He loves good quality fruit but like many, has been misled into the 'fruit is bad for health'..lie.

Date: July 07, 2010 12:22AM

Ian was told to only eat green bananas if he wanted to eat some fruit and was told that dark orange urine is ok and drinking water and having clear urine is bad. This was from Aajonus Vonderplanitz himself via a 400$ 1hr consult..

Im not sure how people can go to sleep at night...

Calorie restriction and eating raw faeces..
Date: July 07, 2010 12:25AM

Here is a youtube vid interview on my primal diet mate and his view on eating faeces. The second half is my experiences on Calorie restriction aka anorexia in the health movement.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2010 12:25AM by durianrider.

Re: Calorie restriction and eating raw faeces..
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 07, 2010 12:40AM

this is like the 3rd or 4th time you have posted this vid under different headings

this forum is here to talk and support a raw food diet, not debate your mates primal paleo faeces eating diet

i fail to see how reposting this vid is anything but spam at the moment

we get it

well at least i do

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Re: Calorie restriction and eating raw faeces..
Date: July 07, 2010 02:34AM

Given the epidemic of anorexics heading over to the raw food movement, I just wanted to make sure people see this video.

We have had enough deaths in the raw food movement from calorie restriction I feel and this needs to be addressed.

How many people have to die, become insane or become obese before we realise that eating less is actually dangerous.

Date: July 07, 2010 05:54AM

although i applaud your concerns to help the anorexics of the world i fail to see the connection to why repeatedly posting a paleo vid on a raw VEGAN forum would help anorexics

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2010 05:55AM by Jgunn.

Date: July 07, 2010 01:54PM

My intention is to show people how dangerous a diet that contains raw animal products is. That it will send you off the deep end.

In the other part of the video I talk about the caloric restriction deaths that have happend recently in the raw movement.

Date: July 07, 2010 06:18PM

we dont eat or talk about raw animal products here tho, so again i fail to see the need to post that type of vid

i never got to the caloric part in the vid as i turned it off once again too grossed out to continue

maybe you could cut out the CR part and link it without the rest of the gross vid? smiling smiley

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 07, 2010 07:06PM

I could see the benefit (not of multiple posts) of posting it as not every member here is vegan; not every person who views these threads is a member, either. Any information or discussion is probably good, within the guidelines of our forum.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 09, 2010 10:24PM

Wow, I couldn't watch more than a couple minutes of that. And I'm not usually squeamish-- my mate eats a little meat (cooked only!!-- well cooked!) and vegies & raw food, and he's 66 and very, very healthy, so I'm not totally turned off by the idea of people eating some meat in their diet, but raw meat just totally turns me off. Ugh. I never could even understand the concept of eating raw sushi, let alone raw beef, buffalo, etc.

Off to make dinner. <(*/*)>

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 10, 2010 02:57PM

Hi Kwan!
I guess raw foodists are blessed in that certain foods are appealing and others are not.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: July 13, 2010 08:53PM

What's next... puppy mill videos? Mel Gibson ranting?

Let's talk about ripe, organic live foods! :-)

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables