Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Tastebud protest against spirulina!
Date: June 29, 2010 02:01PM

I used to be able to have a big spoon of spirulina in my giant green smoothies without any problem.

But, when I bought some more recently (same brand, organic), I find the stuff makes me gag a bit. I find the smell worse than before, and can detect the taste more more too. I've been using berries as the base for my smoothies (which aren't the best for green smoothies, I admit), so maybe that's the problem.

It's like my tongue has finally said "No more! Enough!!!!!!"

Is it possible to get a bad batch of this stuff? I mean, I remember it smelling kind of like some kind of rotten fish powder, but this time, it surpasses that!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tastebud protest against spirulina!
Posted by: omega-3 ()
Date: June 29, 2010 05:30PM

A bad batch, I don't know. Probably. But I think the stuff tastes kind of weird, too. I had a spirulina energy bar recently at a conference when there was no other more substantive raw food around, and I was like- yuck. I'll definitely try again, but if we don't like something we shouldn't eat it.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: June 29, 2010 05:31PM

May be a bad batch or one that has sat in the sun too high heat.

But an easier way to take these algaes etc is to just put it in an ounce or two water, mix then consume. the liquid is so small that its over in a gulp or so, instead of having to drink massive smoothies and ruining the taste of other fruits etc.

wheatgrass near put me off bananas, now i just put my wheatgrass in the above methodwinking smiley.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 29, 2010 05:45PM

I agree; I am not attracted to the stuff in the slightest. Fruit and FRESH greens (land-grown) are great. smiling smiley

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: June 29, 2010 09:34PM

This is your body telling your that it no longer will tolerate spirulina. I would listen to the body and do what it asks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables