Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Doing a week long cleanse!
Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: July 19, 2010 05:27PM

The last few months have been good for me! Ive finally managed to get my eating under control. As usuall, still been studying health and fitness for an hour/day. Have been eating 95% raw, Mostly raw fruits, 24oz of fresh green juice daily, some cooked veg for dinner (mostly peas and carrots) with a few nuts thrown in. I have still been using some salt.

It is time to step it up, and ditch the salt! No more addiction to anything! As a martial artist, my goal has and always will be maximum health and physical performance. One way or another I will achieve my goal!

So Im deciding to do this week long cleanse. Maybe I will need more than a week, I dont know? After alot of thinking, and investigating my health issues that arrose in 2005. I know they were cassed by my poor diet and overtrainning.

Here is the areas im working on:
bowel congestion
kidney toxicity/congestion
adrenal recovery
fungus/yeast/parasite excess

Here is what Im going to do:
Day1-4
Only eat watermellon
Drink only water and tea(licorice,pepermint and horsetail)

Day5-7+
Eat only raw apple sauce with herbs (black walnut and slippery elm)
Drink only water, tea (same as above) and green juice w/parsley

After the cleanse I plan to go all raw with no salt, wish me luck!

-Workoutman

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Doing a week long cleanse!
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: July 19, 2010 06:56PM

adrenal recovery is my speciality along with liver cleansing with bitter herbs.

anything you want to know fire away the questions.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 19, 2010 06:59PM

I would try the herbs or maybe something blended with bell pepper for the initial four days.....? I always wanted hot, like jalapeno, when "giving up" salt. It's a tough thing to do, I think even harder than caffeine. Great job!

Date: July 20, 2010 12:56PM

Whoooo day two. Felt pretty tired yesterday evening and soo thirsty. Not too bad today. Im not craving anything today

Powerlifer what herbs do you recomend for adrenal recovery? Have you had to deal with this before?

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 20, 2010 01:01PM

Great job! smiling smiley I strongly encourage this. smiling smiley

Date: July 20, 2010 01:04PM

ohh yeah i suffered from adrenal fatigue/chronic fatigue syndrome from years plus past drug use and smoking made me totally crash and revamp my life.

anyway some good adaptogenic herbs are ashwagandha(provides a slight anti-anxiety effect also because it intensifys GABA), jiaogulan(one of my favorites has 3 times the sterols of ginseng), schizandra berry(good for the liver also), siberian ginseng, maca root, suma root, licorice root are all good choices. Nettle leaf although not an adaptogen supports the adrenal/thyroid glands.

these herbs all have many other benefits but are all good at restoring normal adrenal function.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 20, 2010 04:17PM

Good luck!
I myself am starting a 4 day veggie juice fast,after having done 3 days recently.
Felt so good that I wanted to expand on the experience.

Vinny

Date: July 20, 2010 05:11PM

Hi Vinny
Could you tell us more about your experience on this veggie juice fast?
Thanks

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: July 21, 2010 05:28AM

the week feels great workout man, I hope you enjoy it! day 3-4 where the hardest for me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2010 05:28AM by Curator.

Date: July 21, 2010 01:16PM

Day 3! Feeling good today. Day 2 went better than day 1, I wasn't as thirsty. I probably ate 2 big watermellons yesterday, really went to town!

Date: July 21, 2010 02:39PM

Workoutman,

I recently did 3 days of having whole juiced melons for breakfast,then a juice of carrot,celery,apple,cucumber,and beet for the rest of the day.I figure about 1 liter.Just sipped on it.I did feel hunger,but it was very mild,and if I stayed on the juice,any cravings for solid food were quite manageable.

I wrote in my journal that I ended up feeling better than I had felt in years...physically and emotionally.I was TOTALLY sold on this as a way to get from point A to point B.

If someone is STUCK in any kind of an eating rut,and is feeling out of sorts in any way,I believe a juice fast of at least 3 days will get SOMETHING moving in the right direction.
What REALLY hit me was after the fast,I ate what would normally have been some of my "comfort" foods and they tasted horrible.Like they were just salt and chemicals.

Vinny

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: July 21, 2010 03:02PM

That all sounds very inspirational. I really need a good juicer.

By the way - I wouldn't try maca - I took it for a while and it behaves like speed - keeps you up for hours with the heart banging away - definately not for me!!

Date: July 21, 2010 04:18PM

maca isnt a CNS stimulant so it doesnt behave like speed, its an adaptogen so only really increases energy slightly without harming the adrenals like stimulants/caffiene etc do, id put my hands on that you were possibly allergic to it if this was the results it gave you.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: July 21, 2010 04:25PM

Maybe - although I have heard other people with similar stories. I do also react very strongly to coffee and strong dark chocolate too - both those things used to have me awake at night for hours particularly as my diet got cleaner and cleaner. Maybe I am particularly sensitive.

Date: July 21, 2010 10:43PM

some people are highly sensitive to such stimulants, I have a friend that even a few sips of white tea will get her heart trying to pound its way out of her chest, she also had a similar reaction with maca, Maca had no real effect on me at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: July 22, 2010 01:59PM

Well I made it to day 4! My tounge is white today and breath smells a litttle funky but I haven't been to detoxy so far. Just a few instances where I was extra tired. Ive been trying to sleep an extra hour per day. Im thinking of doing 1 more day of watermellon, not sure yet though.

Date: July 22, 2010 08:49PM

Curator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> some people are highly sensitive to such
> stimulants, I have a friend that even a few sips
> of white tea will get her heart trying to pound
> its way out of her chest, she also had a similar
> reaction with maca, Maca had no real effect on me
> at all.

im one that reacts very badly to caffiene myself or any caffiene source such as white tea even how small a content. Some react similar to some adaptogens that have a more stimulatory effect(doesnt meant here stimulants), the reason i thought with flipper that it was allergic reaction is the combo of side effects that although can be the same for those with weak adrenal glands is more common with those experiencing an allergic reaction to the herb.

Catch 22 really as weak adrenals are what cause allergies, raw foods high in natural vitamin C and vitamin B5 will build them up, and if you cant handle any adaptogenics then nettle leaf is a good herb for building up the adrenals until you can.

Date: July 23, 2010 02:46PM

Day 5 Hello to the apples! Im feeling Ok, starting to get a little sore throat though. One thing I learned from 4 days of watermellon; mono eating feels great on the digestive system!

Powerlifer,
alergies may be related in some ways to weak adrenals, however there is a strong correlation between alergies and a very congested lymph and digestive system.

Date: July 24, 2010 02:01AM

interesting, well goodluck on the next couple of daysgrinning smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: July 25, 2010 08:47PM

Well I only made it through 5 days. But it was a good experience, and a I learnt how good, monoeating can feel. Im also seriously considering eating fewer bananas from now on. Hurray to the juicy fruits. They just feel better. Ive been eating a mix of fruits and vegies the last two days. Overall Im glad I did it. My main goal was to stop eating salt, and so far so good. Day 2 or three was hardest, since I was so thirsty and had to pee alot. But now my body seems to have normalized the electrolyte ballance and I dont get so thirsty any more.

Date: July 26, 2010 03:30PM

Great job!
5 days is a good start.

Vinny

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 26, 2010 04:29PM

Congrats, WorkoutMan! The next one should be easier smiling smiley

Date: July 27, 2010 01:15PM

Thanks everyone for the support! smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 28, 2010 03:22AM

Good job workout man!
Has anyone else tried GUdernoobs made by WooHoo Foods? They are a raw snack for kids, but I like them as a low calorie (only 30) option for me. Plus the omega-3s are a bonus. Just wondering.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables