Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

ACID RAIN
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 27, 2006 04:50PM

Hi,
I'd like to thank anyone in advance for taking the time to respond to me.
My concern: If years of acid rain and factory/mill pollution is in the clouds and rain and then it waters the soil that we grow plant food in couldn't this be cause for cancer among other ill health related disease?
living in the Adirondack park I have noticed the rate of cancer to be about 1 in 5 people i meet who live here.
I googled the topic and learned cancer is especially high in the Adirondack park. I also learned acid rain is especailly high here ( something to do with factory smog from Seattle swaying in the wind this way)
Doesn't it seem that soil feeding our veggies and fruits is laden with pollution and there is no avoiding it ( sarcastic: thank you governement...
Eating organic appears to me to be like only licking the inside of a tire and not the outside of it too. Of course i still do but find it so discouraging that we can not be thoughrough in our mission for complete health because it is too late and we can only kind of be healthy. Or healthier than some other folks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ACID RAIN
Posted by: brome ()
Date: August 27, 2006 09:50PM

Farmers are vigalent about keeping their soil from getting too acidic so the acid part of the rain shouldn't be too bad for produce. (they add ground limestome). It's all the other stuff (like mercury) that comes with the acid rain that is the big worry. Pollution is drifting all the way from Asia into North America.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables