Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Detox symptoms? Nausea?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 28, 2006 06:06PM

For the past two days I have been feeling bouts of nausea accompanied by headaches during the day. I wonder if it is a detox symptom. I have been 80% raw for the last two months. I was feeling fine up until yesterday. I wonder if anyone has any remedies or reccomendations. Any insights too are appreciated (is my sugar getting low? Am I getting deficient in vitamins?)

In terms of my diet - I have been having a mixed greens juice everymorning before I put anything in my stomach. Then I have some raw nuts when I get to work. For lunch I have a salad (sometimes with a slice of sprouted grain bread) for snack I have a vegetable juice or fruit or a Lara Bar and dinner I have a cooked meal but do not combine food groups and keep it vegan with minimal amount of cooking + salad.

Please help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Detox symptoms? Nausea?
Posted by: marksquire ()
Date: August 29, 2006 04:00PM

By looking at your diet, I believe you're suffering from digestive problems, not detox.

Larabars are a detriment to your health. They're dehydrating, bad for your teeth, bad for your gums, bad for your stomach.

You need to make up your mind, whether you're going to be following a low glycemic, high fat raw diet, or a lowfat raw diet. Mixing fats and sugars doesn't work. Ask anyone who's been a raw foodist for many years. In the beginning, you don't realize it as much.

I follow a low fat raw vegan diet. Fruit, greens, and their juices. Been highly successful for many years now.

Best,
Mark

Posted by: rooneyandmuldoon ()
Date: August 29, 2006 09:20PM

This is the first time I've heard anything about low glycemic/high fat vs. lowfat diets. What's this?

Posted by: innervegetable ()
Date: August 30, 2006 08:31AM

Mark,

mixing sugar and fat works out fine. it can accually help if you have hypoglycemia or sugar sensitivites, the fat will slow sugar metabolism. ie.fruit smoothie with hemp oil or coconut/banana/strawberry/date...

and the common diet variable is not high fat/low carb or highcarb/low fat

about half of us seem to require high protien and the other half high carb.

------------------

joshipoohja,

just a suggestion: try cutting out the green juice in the morning (and Lara Bars)
stick to green salads, and see if the nausia goes away. lettuce know!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables