Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Candida Breakfast
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 26, 2010 01:59PM

I am brand new to raw and vegan. I grew up with vegan parents and swore I would never go back. But, here I am and happy to be. I have been doing an organic, no sugar, no processed food diet for a while. But, I have been told and suspected that I have Candida issues and to go raw. My question is, what the heck should I have for breakfast? The past week I have been doing only veggie juices but, I am starting to dread the flavor in the morning. Since I can not have fruit I was wondering if any lovely co-raw could give me a suggestion. I do not have a juicer yet either. I'm simply using a stick blender smiling smiley

Re: Candida Breakfast
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 26, 2010 02:54PM

Have you considered eating fruit, such as watermelon? On an empty stomach? And limiting fat to late in the day and in small amounts? I have found the no-sugar diet doesn't work for me--just like with the Atkins Diet, the brain starts to starve without carbohydrate before one's made much headway into correcting one's disorder, and one starts to binge on the carbs the brain and metabolism are craving. Green drinks are very important, as they are alkalizing, and so make your tissues less hospitable to an anaerobic pathogen like fungus. But it's hard to sustain a metabolism on vegetables without consuming large amounts of fats(for fuel). When one is hungry, one's pancreas does not calibrate insulin well, and this further feeds fungi. It becomes a vicious circle.

As for breakie, my advice would be to drink fiber rich green smoothies, with small amounts of sweet fruit combined with large amounts of greens, for a slowly sipped sustaining meal.

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: August 26, 2010 04:35PM

How do you know you have candida issues emelworth?

Posted by: DaisyHair ()
Date: August 26, 2010 04:44PM

I am dealing with the same issues.
I kept my candida at bay with a very low carb diet for the last 7 months (Atkins) and just could not do it anymore. All the fat and meat felt WRONG for my physiology.

I am used to a very large breakfast and medium lunch and very small dinner.

Right now I am having veggie/seed/nut crackers (made in my dehydrator) with avo, tomato, raw garlic and onion mashed up and spread on them. It is heavy but It's a transition for me and I am used to such a large breakfast that right now this is what I need.

I am using organic cold pressed coconut oil and oregano oil for the candida also.

As far as fruit I am afraid of it right now and only having 1-2 apples a day OR a cup of berries. I AM going to transition to much less fat and more fruit slowly and see how I do.

Mostly veggies and raw nuts/seeds and herbal teas and green powder in water the rest of the day.

So far I seem to be ok. (it's not even been a week).

I have itching over my entire body and am pretty sure it's detox related and NOT candida because the candida presents itself in different ways for me.

To be totally honest I am totally winging it. I in no way have any idea if this is the way to go.. just wanted to share that you are not alone!

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: August 26, 2010 11:43PM

If anyone is serious about overcoming their candida and other health issues, please read 80/10/10 by Dr Douglas Graham.

Pay careful attention to all the fruit eating crew that have no candida issues vs the high fat hollywood raw diet that promotes candida issues with its carb phobic unsustainable eating regimes. sad smiley

Here is a great site on dangers of high fat.
[www.atkinsexposed.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables