Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Today is day 22!
Posted by: DaisyHair ()
Date: September 11, 2010 12:27PM

Update in my Raw detox.

Yes I have continued just have not had much time to post for the last week but I've been thinking about all of you!..

Today is day 22. I have felt HORRID the last four nights in a row, it seems like as the night comes I get really ill. Headache so bad I would compare it to a migraine, nausea, sinus yuck I just have to get down and go with it (I have not had much other detox symptoms until now except itching all over the first week and this strange swelling in my left foot.). so right now horrid feeling at night and then each AM I am feeling better, then night comes and it comes on again. I am down 12 pounds.. that's more than half pound a day and I am NOT going hungry at all. It's not easy but I'm amazed so far.

My skin looks excellent!! and during the day I have fantastic energy. I was worried about all the fruit but my blood sugar is fine. I am eating nothing but fruit until around 1pm, then some type of huge salad with nuts and some nut cheese I have been making and seed crackers I've made in the dehydrator and then dinner has been green smoothies sometimes or something gourmet Raw I am playing with a couple nights a week.

DH is about 75% Raw.. he has been eating Organic Vegan frozen meals on the nights I have been doing green smoothies (Amy's Organics) although he has had a green smoothie or two and liked it fine I am not asking him to do as high Raw as I am. I love that he is doing what he is so far, I have an idea he will want to go as close to 100% sometime but I know with him not to make it an issue.

I am very excited. I have had days the first week that I ate a cooked Amy’s meal as well, tried to transition slowly and also was eating LOTS of nuts (like almost 2 C a day) but have tried to work up to more fruit and less nuts. I really am loving the green smoothies.

Just wanted to come in and let you all know I’m still going strong and thank you all for this excellent forum!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Today is day 22!
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 11, 2010 03:53PM

Daisy,

This is great--you sound so positive and motivated! Good job, and keep up the good work on yourself smiling smiley

Posted by: Nyaz ()
Date: September 11, 2010 06:02PM

Get it girl!!!!

Wonderful!

"With life as short as a half taken breath, don't plant anything but love."- Rumi

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 11, 2010 07:31PM

Keep up the good work, just remember to be varied also so you get all the nutrients you needsmiling smiley.

i wont harper on about iodine again but its often a missed nutrient on a raw vegan lifestyle so look into seaweed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2010 07:32PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 11, 2010 10:35PM

Daisy: As someone who has done 100% raw successfully for three weeks now, what are some pieces of advice you can give to those of us who would like to do the same but are a bit intimidated about embarking on such a (perceived) drastic change in diet?

Posted by: DaisyHair ()
Date: September 12, 2010 04:48PM

Banana Who,

I am SO FAR from really knowing what I am doing! Also I have only been 100% the last two weeks. I started transitioning on the first week. I still have so much to learn but I am reading voraciously. I guess the only thing that I can offer is that I believe in my heart this is the way we are supposed to eat, and I see others that do this successfully and I have faith in myself that if others can do this, I can too.

I am worried about my health as I get older and can't imagine not doing what I can to take care of my health. I believe we can have everything in the world, money, beauty, fabulous "things" but without our health what is it all REALLY worth.?

My body does so much for me, I want to start taking better care of it. I don't think there is a much more loving thing you can do for yourself than eat Raw.

Hope that helps!

Powerlifer,
Thanks!
I am just now home from a trip to WF and got Dulse and some Wakame to add to my salads and green shakes. I have been reading lots about how great sea veggies are for us! I want to try kelp noodles soon but WF didn't have them so I will be ordering them on line.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables