Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Durianrider and cooked carbs
Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: November 19, 2010 12:25AM

Thanks for the kind words. smiling smiley

He has Type II and does not do much to control it himself. He has progressively gotten worse through the years -- at this point he is on two types of insulin injections several times a day, two meds for his kidneys, one for high blood pressure, and water pills. (I know, I know!) He has had a foot amputated due to diabetes and his kidneys are shutting down.

I have a lot of relatives that are diabetic. Everyone in my birth family are diabetic (parents, siblings). Except for me. I am also the only one that thinks of food and nutrition beyond the marketing hype found on packages in the grocery store or TV advertising.
("Got Milk?")

I do not understand how someone can have that condition and not want to learn about it and make changes. *shaking head*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2010 12:26AM by RocketShip.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Non ()
Date: November 20, 2010 10:01AM

Yea the whole fat instead of carbs thing thing is probably only good for runners, or people who need slow building and sustained energy. But for people who need the quick bursts of energy like for high intensity interval training, sprinting, sports, kung fu, etc. it's probably best to keep relying on glycogen.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: November 20, 2010 10:42AM

Well for endurance athletes they actually rely on fatty acids/fat for there main source of energy.

I think suncloud covered it in this thread.

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: December 07, 2010 05:06AM

ttt

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: December 07, 2010 03:48PM

#Just found this thread, not sure how it escaped me as I like to answer direct questions.

#No I dont eat cooked starches but have done so for years before and today perform better on sweet fruit calories. Anything less than 10g of carbs for endurance athletes will have them performing at sub standard rates relevant to their individual potential.

# Its funnny, non endurance athletes telling me how endurance athletes should eat. smiling smiley

I ran 7th overall in the Davao City half marathon champs on Sunday. Anyone else got some recent race results they would like to share? winking smiley

#I understand that most people dont want to eat enough fruit to stay raw/super fit so giving them a second best option saves em going all the way back to animal carcass that most raw fooders eventually end up at cos they starved emselves of fruit carbs then all carbs and went all the way back to an organic version of the SAD lifestyle.

#Cooked starches are great, sweet fruit is ALWAYS the best choice for peak life performance however so I live in areas where I can get enough sugar each day.

#10g of carbs per day is a MINIMUM if you want peak performance in your life relevant to what your potential is. Try it for a few months peeps and watch your life explode OUT OF SIGHT!! Combine it with sufficient sleep, water, exercise and sun and become the person you dreamed of becoming as a child.

#Brian Clement is a great guy doing some great things but when it comes to raw lifestyle advice, he has no idea about basic human physiology. Ive sent him my blood test videos with no direct response from Brian himself. Thats pretty poor when he "requests bloodtests from fruit eaters" on youtube himself. Brian forgets to mention he gets most of his calories from cooked food and thats fine, but when your knocking the # 1 source of healthy calories for humans, its good to provide transperancy of what your really eating to maintain that bulk.

#Stu Mittleman ran ALL of his records on a high carb diet. His book 'slow burn' is great for running tips but when it comes to nutrition, there isnt any objective advice and the reader is left even more confused. If I could give dietary advice to my running/cycling competitors it would be to eat zero carbs and as much fat as they could! Id go as far to pour coconut oil into their bidons before races to help make their legs go zub zub! More fat = more fatigue. More sugar = more glycogen = more stamina. When you run out of glycogen, you literally hate life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2010 03:56PM by durianrider.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: December 07, 2010 06:37PM

I have Brian Clements' book "Lifeforce" and it sucks!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 08, 2010 12:15AM

Hi durianrider. Thank you for answering our questions.

Date: December 09, 2010 01:38PM

Doug Graham inspired me to commit to spending time each week answering questions. He's been doing for it for 30 years for free and nobody else in the raw movement does thesedays except us fruit lovers. It seems they are too 'elite' to answer questions from newbies. winking smiley

Or maybe its just that they are too undercarbed to have the energy or really care.

Date: December 09, 2010 10:22PM

durianrider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Doug Graham inspired me to commit to spending time
> each week answering questions. He's been doing for
> it for 30 years for free and nobody else in the
> raw movement does thesedays except us fruit
> lovers. It seems they are too 'elite' to answer
> questions from newbies. winking smiley
>
> Or maybe its just that they are too undercarbed to
> have the energy or really care.

that is quite insulting really there are around 20 odd+ posters on this forum alone i could name off my hand that sit and take the time to answer questions for the newcomers to raw on a regular basis. I know i know they dont make videos like yourself so there not of equal worth lol.

obviously your post was aimed at the wolfes of the world, i dont care for any of these self appointed gurus i dont follow anyone and for good reason most of the time. Graham especially if he spent his 30 years learning proper science and human physiology then he'd be able to be more intelligent with his replies on his forum which more often than not have no scientific basis or go against proper science such as his recent HIIT post which was more than funny.

You really dont need 1000g of carbs a day to post replies on a forum as hard it is to believe. I enjoyed how he didnt answer back on his forum about my post on how fatty acids being the main source of fuel for endurance athletes says it all really.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2010 10:33PM by powerlifer.

Date: December 13, 2010 02:08AM

You know what says it all Powerlifer? These 3 photos. winking smiley

Me. Biggest ego and can push myself over further distances than anyone in the raw food movement.

Doug Graham. Says carbs are key in health and fitness. Keep your fat intake UNDER 10% of total calories over the seasons.

Dr Barry Sears: he says you should eat most of your calories from fat. Looking in shape Barry! NOT! winking smiley (How come these guys are always wearing suits to cover their guts? Or only put out 1 photo for the entire decade?)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2010 02:16AM by durianrider.

Date: December 13, 2010 10:08AM

Your right about biggest ego anyway lol, whos to know there aren't a hundred people in the raw movement that can push themselves further? Not everyone has a computer and not everyone is willing to post pics and videos of themselves.

From that photo of Doug theres no way of telling how fit he is, everyone seems outstanded when they see someone with low body fat percentage i.e the ripped look. It really isnt hard to achieve the physique Doug has in that picture, he doesn't have much if any muscle mass so all you'd need to do was dramatically lower your bodyfat. Infact i had a similar physique before i started working out.

Whos to say what your doing is optimal, sport science believes that fatty acids are the main source of fuel for endurance athletes, high fat isnt healthy but a moderate intake is. Whos to say you couldn't be an even better athlete? You say Doug says carbs are the key to health and fitness, its such a simple outlook health and fitness depends on thousands of factors vitamins, minerals, protein, oxygen, carbohydrates, fat and about a million other factors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2010 10:13AM by powerlifer.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: December 13, 2010 07:45PM

umm - i wonder if you (Durian) can push yourself further than this awesome woman?

[paleo-runner.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: December 14, 2010 07:05AM

wow, that is an awesome link jan...interesting read, and uh, cutest anesthesiologist I have ever seen...lol, falling asleep with that face being the last thing you see wouldn't be the worst start to a surgery,lol...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: December 14, 2010 09:04AM

ha ha ha Curator. But I agree - she looks amazing.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: December 14, 2010 09:10PM

seriously the most amazing looking raw vegan woman I think ive seen, i think I may be able to use her to get some of my SAD female friends to consider raw vegan...or at least vegan... as a couple have actually sad they dont want want to be vegan because they dont want to get to skinny O.o I was like "just eat a couple avocados a day and you wont get to skinny...eat a couple dozen and you might get curvier than you are now!" lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: December 16, 2010 04:53AM

Ive travelled with Stef. We have never raced each other though.

I think its better to compare our performances with those of the same sex/age/drug free ability etc so we get more of an objective picture.

Does that make sense?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2010 04:54AM by durianrider.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables