Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Stomach Aches...
Posted by: RawGuy2000 ()
Date: September 05, 2006 02:33PM

I get stomach aches after I eat half a watermelon in the morning for some reason. Is there previous food that isn't digested in there? The watermelons right now as SO good, I cannot seem to get enough. Also happens when I drink coconut water in the morning as well.

It was TERRIBLE last night when I was trying to get rid of it... I had eaten a lot of gourmet raw food and really @#$%& up my stomach. I weight around mid 140's, am 23 years old and have recently changed my lifestyle from bad sleeping patters to better sleeping patterns, a more healthier outlook on life and less fatty foods and more watery fruits. Coconuts is sometimes the first thing I drink in the morning maybe a half an hour after I let distilled water go through my system...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stomach Aches...
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 05, 2006 05:28PM

There are two reasons why watermelon may hurt your stomach, and each one has a different symptoms. If when you eat watermelon, you get gas or diarreah, this is because there is some food still in you stomach from a previous meal, and the watermelon starts to ferment because it can't get past the previous food, which is still digesting.

The 2nd symptom is just plain stomach pain or body chills, without any gas or diarreah. There is a phenomena which I call "watermelon chills", which has to do with the volume of watermelon consumed. When I get symptom, there is nothing to be done but to rest until it goes away. However, the next time I have a watermelon, what I do is eat 1/2 the amount of watermelon that caused me the problem in the previous meal. After eating half the quantity, I let it digest for a while, say 30 minutes. Then I eat the other half. After that, if I am still hungry, I might eat yet another quantity after digesting for 30 minutes (same as the half quantity I ate earlier).

Different watermelons seem to have a different quantity before this "chill" comes into effect. I'm noticing that with the small and denser watermelons like sugar babies or baby crimson, it takes less melon before I feel this effect.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables