Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

green juice - how long do you keep it for?
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: November 30, 2010 08:59PM

hiya folks
I know you're supposed to drink your green juice straight away for optimal nutrition, but I've just got a new juicer which is really big and takes ages to clean - so I've been making a couple of days' supply of juice and keeping them in glass bottles in the fridge. How much am I compromising the nutrition do you think? I'd rather make it fresh of course, but it just takes sooo long to make it all and wash the juicer that I often just don't bother - so I think, well, day-old juice is better than no juice at all..
would be interested to know your thoughts xxx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: green juice - how long do you keep it for?
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: November 30, 2010 11:42PM

If you truly dont have the time to make it daily, I wouldnt make more than a 2 day supply at once (that includes juice for the day your currently on) you do lose allot of the health benefits even over that one evening in the fridge, but its still far better than store bought, or not juicing at all...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: December 01, 2010 12:34AM

1-2 days. Make sure to store it in a glass ball canning jar..keeps more air out. Look into getting a pump or something to suck the air out of the jars.

What kind of juicer do you have? I have a Green Star which isn't fun to clean. When I go on juicing sprees, I just set an hour aside to juice first thing in the morning..make a few extra glasses to put in the fridge for the day and then I clean it. The whole process takes less than an hour. Or in the winter..I juice..rinse it out until the water comes out clean..then I juice again later..rinse...juice again.. Then wash it at night. It sounds gross but really isn't. The kitchen is cold enough that I can get away with it in the fall/winter. lol. Takes less than 10 minutes to make 16oz of juice and drink.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: December 01, 2010 01:34AM

What the others are sayin'...2 days max...The vacuum pump gizmo seems like a good idea as well. I've been meaning to get one...

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: December 01, 2010 11:49PM

yeah I agree with you all, I wouldn't make more than 2 days supply, fresh is definitely best, tastes better too. Back Again, I've got a Green Star Elite, it's a beast! my partner got it me for Christmas, I would have been happy with one half the size/price! I tried to get him to send it back but he wouldn't... but it does do great juice though smiling smiley I keep it in glass bottles and fill them right up to the top to minimise air. it actually says in the manual that you can just rinse it through and juice again later, so no it's not gross lol, but I like to get mine washed quick, esp if I've been juicing beets etc, to avoid staining.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables