Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Detox and Muscle Cramps...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 02, 2010 03:45PM

I am on day 4 RAW and I am experiencing muscle cramps all over my body especially around my upper back and shoulders. I also feel an all over achiness which I expected.

Are the cramps normal or is there something else I should be doing? According to my RDA numbers I am good on everything except Vit D and B12 which is pretty normal. I do not feel like I have been on this long enough for any deficiencies to be the problem.

So I am pretty sure I am majorly detoxing... 30 something years of abusing my body combined with going RAW cold turkey....

I know I am answering my own questions here, I guess I would just like confirmation from those who have been through it.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Detox and Muscle Cramps...
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: December 02, 2010 09:44PM

detox is possible, you could also be catching some sort of flu, or a combination there of, just ride it out, BUT if you start feeling REALLY awful, like if you feel you need medical attention, do not ignore that feeling, get yourself to a doctor! especially if you start getting a high fever...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: cyclopsicle ()
Date: December 02, 2010 11:04PM

I get leg cramps sometimes when I go from eating poorly to eating very clean with lots of raw greens. My mom just adopted a healthier diet and reported cramps as a short term effect, too. I don't have an explanation, but it happens to me sometimes. I'm only 20. My mom is 46. I'm vegan, she isn't.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: December 03, 2010 01:40PM

hmmm, I just thought of something, up your natural electrolytes and see what happens, grapes are an amazing source of electrolytes...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables