Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fasting and Diarrhea
Posted by: clank72 ()
Date: December 03, 2010 09:25PM

Been raw now for 5 months (38 yo. guy). I started a 30 day juice fast yesterday (Dec 2nd). I'm following Markus Rothcranz's guide to fasting/feasting.

I've had diarrhea since after my 2nd juice on Day 1. Here is Day 2 and it looks like the diarrhea is still here. It goes in waves.

Question: Is this normal?

Based on my own knowledge, it would seem as though my body is not absorbing the nutrients if this is the case. Please tell me this is not true. And should the Diarrhea stop or continue along the time of the fast?

I'm going to keep it up. Daily enemas are on the way, just waiting for my bottle.

Peace out

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fasting and Diarrhea
Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: December 04, 2010 12:01AM

Liquid in.. Liquid out..

Posted by: cy ()
Date: December 04, 2010 01:03AM

I think that you are dumping some chemicals and enemas are very good for that.
I am raw now for 7 years,and I do a lot of fasting. I'm on smoothie fasting for 7 days and enemas are a must for me.Also,when fasting,it is good to be quiet,no exercise at all,and little stress if possible.Just meditate and do whatever you have to do in a calm and quiet state.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: December 05, 2010 06:24AM

to be honest, I do not think a 30 day juice fast is safe starting out, id suggest starting with a week, then go for awhile, and try a little longer... 30 days is tough even for the hardcore juice fasters...also, be careful when coming back to normal food after a juice fast, even previously mild foods can hit your stomach like a ton of bricks...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: December 05, 2010 01:49PM

Enemas seem a most unatural process to me and entirely unecessary. I agree with Curator - a 30 day juice fast is too long.

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: December 05, 2010 04:52PM

I've read in Bragg's fasting book that frequent short fasts are more effective than one long fast.
[books.google.com]

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: December 05, 2010 05:02PM

My first fast was 30 days. I've done short and long ones. Once you get past a week, it gets easier and you feel more and more good that you don't want to stop. Your body tells you when it's had enough by bringing back hunger pains and you just feel the need to eat.

From what I had read, your body doesn't get into any intense cleaning/healing until after a few weks. The longer you do it, the deeper you clean.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2010 05:03PM by BackAgain.

Date: December 05, 2010 08:30PM

my experience was quite different from yours back again... from what Ive read, after 3 days, your body starts to cannibalize itself, damaging non-vital tissues first, then muscles next, and vital organs last... Ive just started a regimen of doing a 3 day juice fast once every two weeks, I'll get back to you in a couple months, for now, I haven't been doing it long enough to say 100% which is better, but I can say that I felt far better after only doing 3 days, than I did from the longer ones... more rejuvenated and energetic,immediately more vitality than I had be4 I started, where as the other longer ones took me awhile to recover from...

Id also like to say, that even if the 3 days every two weeks works miracles for me, that doesn't necessarily mean it will work as well for everyone else, because of my specific health issues, it seems to be whats best for me... but considering the biological processes that happen during large extended periods of fasting, It's my opinion that anything longer than a week, is most likely not beneficial to a person in the long run...I could be wrong, but this is just the conclusion I've come to from the research Ive done... If 30 days feels right to you...well, I hope for your sake I am completely mistaken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 06, 2010 12:25PM

No kind of fasting felt good to me, but then i have adrenal gland issues. It irritates me at time to see gurus suggest water fasting for adrenal gland related problems as 9/10 if you suffer from adrenal disorders you'll have chronic hypoglycemia.

Which was the case in me, at the time i didnt know enough and the said person touted fasting as a cure all. Half way through the day i was having major panic attacks, dizzispells and so on.

Juicing was abit different but i felt all the constant insulin spikes were making me feel weird.

Date: December 06, 2010 03:42PM

thats why I stopped straining my juice, and even put a little extra pulp back in... eventually just started doing juice smoothies technically...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 06, 2010 03:48PM

Curator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thats why I stopped straining my juice, and even
> put a little extra pulp back in... eventually just
> started doing juice smoothies technically...

yeah thats a good ideasmiling smiley, i must start juicing again its been a while since ive had a delicious green juice.

Date: December 06, 2010 08:21PM

yeah, I haven't been able to afford to juice often myself either anymore...actually the only juicing I do now is the 3 day juice fasts every 2 weeks...and not allot of greens...:/...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables