Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Which is better in the event of intense psycho cravings?
Posted by: MissEleanor ()
Date: September 08, 2006 09:09PM

Eat a tiny bit of cooked food.
or
Eat a boat load of raw food.

PMS sucks

Eleanor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Which is better in the event of intense psycho cravings?
Posted by: Ally ()
Date: September 08, 2006 09:55PM

Of course it's not good to overeat, but for me, a boat load of raw food has always been better than a tiny bit of cooked food.

For one thing, a tiny bit of cooked food - especially starch - seems to always give me a ROOOOOAAAAARING appetite, and I end up eating more than I'd originally intended. Steamed vegetables don't set me off like that, but I now eat enough raw veggies and raw seaweeds that I don't have a desire for steamed veggies.

Raw food satisfies my appetite instead of making me more hungry, as long as I'm getting a good VARIETY of raw foods. That means fruits, nuts/seeds, vegetables and even grains (soaked/sprouted, or raw wheat germ). Not everything every day, but everything on a regular basis.

I have days occasionally when I'm hungrier than usual, and I had one of those days a couple of days ago. I ate fruit and nut/seeds like usual, but I also ate a lot more greens that usual - a big green salad with sprouted wheat, plus 3 nori wraps with veggies and raw wheat germ. That seemed like a boat load of food at the time, but compared to what I would have eaten cooked to get the same satisfied feeling, it's practically nothing!

Best wishes, -Ally

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2006 10:01PM by Ally.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 08, 2006 10:28PM

Hmmm...my thoughts / opinions:

-If YOU believe (at least intellectually) that raw food is the healthiest food - then why eat anything else? Often, we need to really believe that in our gut....many times by going through suffering first....before we switch to mostly or all raw.

-If you belive that raw food is the best....and a person settles for second best.......they have to ask themselves why second best is good enough. If there is anything in your life that you think you are doing that is settling for second best....I urge you to shoot for your dreams!

-If you eat a high percentage of raw....and you know you are getting enough nutrients and bulk of food....then it must be an emotional or spiritual unresolved issue.

-You can do one of two things in this instance:

1) Eat just the ONE thing that you are craving for a week straight. At the end of the week....one way or another....you will be so sick of it that you will never want it again.

2) Consciously choose what YOU think is a higher food...and eat more of it.

-David Mason

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: September 09, 2006 04:41AM

I'd vote for "a boatload of raw food". Worked for me! I had this gigantic appetite from time to time in the early days of being raw. My only rule was that I could eat anything I wanted and as much as I wanted - as long as it was raw. My theory is: If you don't want to crave it - don't eat it.

Even with the rule of eating anything I wanted and as much as I wanted, I found that I rarely ate foolishly or pigged out. Just enough to quiet that voice in my head that tried to tell me that I was deprived.

That voice rarely speaks up, anymore. It's the idea of giving up something and replacing it with something else. I focus on how I love to eat raw organic food: full of nutrition and clean - from healthy soil - full of sunshine! I focus on the greeness of parsley and spinach and practically worship the chlorophil. I'm so focused on the beauty of an organic peach or the inside of a watermelon - it has replaced the longing or grief concerning cooked foods. I don't feel deprived very often and if I do - I mentally make the choice for feeling healthy, feeling good, feeling young.

Honestly, do we want for those tiny little tastebuds on the small amount of skin on our tongues to actually control the outcomes of our lives? Think about it!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: September 09, 2006 08:01AM

smart!

Posted by: Arvydas ()
Date: September 10, 2006 08:46PM

MissEleanor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Eat a tiny bit of cooked food.
> or
> Eat a boat load of raw food.
>
> PMS sucks
>
> Eleanor

Eating a little cooked food.

Overeating anything isn't healthy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables