Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw in Israel
Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: September 11, 2006 05:13PM

Hi,I am visiting Tel Aviv and Israel next week. Are there any raw food things happening out there. (googled it but no info).
Thanking you...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw in Israel
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: September 11, 2006 06:25PM

Rosemary,

Why exactly are you going to Israel? Is it for family or friends? There's not much of a raw community in Israel, atleast the last time I visited so I don't know what to tell you. You can always get fresh veggies, dates, etc. so you will manage. Of course, if you don't speak Hebrew it may be difficult for you but there a always a few english speaking folks here and there.

Good luck and be safe.

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: September 11, 2006 06:34PM

i'm going to see friend's for the new year there..
Actually I just saw that Gabriel Cousens does stuff out there.
[treeoflife.org.il]

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: September 14, 2006 01:29AM

Yes, but he's a bit too new agey for me. Being Jewish, I tend to reject things that challenge my own spiritual beliefs. I don't know if he even attracts many Israelites because of his own personal, religious beliefs. He's probably reaching out more to the Christian community. However, from what I've seen there's really not a big raw community in Israel so I don't know what else to tell you.

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: Raw Step By Step ()
Date: September 14, 2006 10:08PM

Israeli salads are raw. Lots of cut veggies with olive oil, salt and pepper. Surely, you can get plenty of produce there. I have relatives in Israel but never been myself.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 15, 2006 03:46PM

hello - we moved to the galilee 3 months ago - and slowly creating a more raw presence in this area. we (2 adults+kid) live in amirim - a vegetarian village - and have a beautiful garden. i have transltated and wrote articles in hebrew and posted them mostly on beofen-tv.co.il (which is down for another week..) we also might be having a booth in breshit festival. there is also alumot.co.il which is a "health farm" ann-wigmore style. the term in hebrew for raw veganism is TIVONAUT. טבעונאות.
soon we will start potlucks. feel free to come for lunch if you're in the area.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: September 15, 2006 03:55PM

I hope Benjamin Netanyahu gets re-elected as Prime Minister in Israel, he is amazing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2006 03:55PM by sunshine79.

Date: September 17, 2006 04:59PM

Thanks Tivona, maybe I will look you up.I am going to Tsfat! I'm sure Israel is full of wonderful produce. The challenge is being without my kitchen equipment!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables