Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ditch The Candida Forever
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: January 07, 2011 04:36AM

Tired of the yeast? Many raw foodists and would-be raw foodists are plagued by yeast problems caused by the genus candida.

Overgrowths of candida often make you field “yeasty,” tired, and not like yourself.

People blame the sugar, but they’re confusing causes with fuel.

Learn how to get rid of Candida permanently here: [www.raw-food-health.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ditch The Candida Forever
Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: January 07, 2011 07:43AM

Do you post anything that doesn't link to an article on your website?

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 07, 2011 10:35AM

I wouldnt mind but we've been over this about 100 times on here, fatty foods dont cure candida, sugar doesnt cause candida overgrowth either.

Again its caused by a shift in PH to an alkaline PH which causes candida to morph from harmless yeast form to fungal overgrowth. Stomach acid and the good bacteria are the major factors which keep candida in check.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2011 10:36AM by powerlifer.

Hey powerlifter
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: January 07, 2011 01:03PM

Hey powerlifter.

I'd be really interested to look at the science behind that. Can you suggest some studies showing this? Or perhaps a section in a nutritional textbook I could see describing this interaction?

Date: January 07, 2011 01:23PM

Any basic human biology book should show this if it covers the intestines, gut flora etc, even wikipedia has the basics down. It is the acids and anti-bacterial/fungal compounds that the flora generate which partially keep candida in check.

Doug grahams theory is very flawed but i really dont want to get too much into this again as we did this thread the last time have a search on here its full of good info, to start if you have candida in the blood this is a serious systemic condition which is life threatening, doug makes out everyone has candida in the blood this is the first major flaw. Then the next part that high blood sugar is feeding these microbes in the blood isnt correct either.

A good way to judge if any doctor, naturopath etc knows anything about candida overgrowth is if he says it flourishes in an acidic enviroment which isnt true. Candida and other opportunistic pathogens flourish in an alkaline intestinal enviroment.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2011 01:28PM by powerlifer.

Date: January 07, 2011 06:31PM

OMG, this whole discussion is deja vu.

Rustic... it is a waste of time trying to get powerlifer to provide sources. Trust me. Read the thread "Doug Graham and Candida".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2011 06:34PM by RocketShip.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 07, 2011 06:41PM

To be honest, ive never seen Anyone else post any scientific information to back up rustic bohemians point of view either, just personal opinion of unqualified people... But what Powerlifer has stated I HAVE been taught in a biology class as true, and Ive seen no evidence to show that its inaccurate, I do know however that my mother just almost died from a combination of Candida and staph that made it into her blood... or so they said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: January 07, 2011 06:48PM

RocketShip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OMG, this whole discussion is deja vu.
>
> Rustic... it is a waste of time trying to get
> powerlifer to provide sources. Trust me. Read
> the thread "Doug Graham and Candida".

Again like curator has said you guys supporting doug grahams very laughable theorys never support it with any credible evidence ever, infact many members on here went to the effort to discredit it on that last thread. Ill admit i didnt do the legwork in that candida thread BUT others here supported what i was saying with links and i thanked them for taking the time to help.

Maybe im lazy but i have other stuff to do than sit for hours digging out the most basic of knowledge for you guys who all have access to google like i do, why cant you do it yourself?. Like i said about a hundred times last time did you search even wikipedia which details most of what im saying no ill ignore that and keep asking. If someone posts anything that is of interest to me i take the time to research it. Ive given you the leg work via my posts time and time again research it yourself if it interests you.

EDIT: Curator i seen you said in your mothers thread i never realized it was as serious as that, glad to hear shes doing better. Candida in the blood is a very serious disorder and often life-threatening like you say.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2011 06:56PM by powerlifer.

Date: January 07, 2011 07:11PM

Once again... I do not support graham's theories. I also do not support yours.

Date: January 07, 2011 07:19PM

RocketShip Wrote:
> Once again... I do not support graham's theories.
> I also do not support yours.

Thats fine i didnt say you did i was on about the theory's of this thread. Any reason why you dont support mine from a scientific point of view rather than because i dont spend every minute digging out links for you to prove them.

Pretty much every human biology textbook i read during college and no i didnt do biology, i would often read my mates, backs up everything i said, rather than gurus and hocus pocus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2011 07:20PM by powerlifer.

Date: January 07, 2011 07:20PM

yeah, I was trying to stay as positive as possible in that thread...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 07, 2011 09:23PM

It's the Jets versus the Sharks! Da-dum-DUM!

Date: January 07, 2011 09:28PM

hahahasmiling smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Nick_TN ()
Date: January 07, 2011 10:45PM

>Candida and other opportunistic pathogens flourish in an alkaline intestinal >enviroment.

I agree. Acidity prevents it from getting out of control, which is why I don't agree with the alkaline fad because I think pH needs to be balanced, not lopsided.

Posted by: merry ()
Date: January 09, 2011 05:20PM

I have always learnt that candida can't live in acid environment and thrives in alkaline which is why if you have thrush, boric acid pessaries are one quite well known treatment.
I asked a naturopath in India where I live and took a fasting treatment about eating sugar /fruits and candida. he didnt think sugar would have that much effect unless you are a diabetic and unable to stabalise your blood sugar.
I don't really know what is the truth of the matter and i dont personally like to eat too many sweet things but I've never found any diet or herbal medicine to make much difference to yeast infections.
After a 10 day fasting, chronic recurrent fungal related itching on my back , scalp and other places that I got after taking a long course of antibiotics 1 1/2 years ago seem to have cleared up and so far not recurred fingers crossed.

Date: January 09, 2011 05:42PM

You are correct merrysmiling smiley which is what ive been saying all along, a primary reason i hate these acid/alkaline sites which dont understand even the basics and attribute every condition under the sun to acidity.

Most use herbs to fight candida under the mechanism of the anti-fungal effects, this is of no use you can keep killing the fungus temporarily but it wont cure you. You need to get the intestinal tract back into normal function which means raising stomach acidity and repopulating the good flora.

Im still interested in what part you dont believe rocketship, ive never came across any information that suggests what ive learned is wrong.

Date: January 09, 2011 06:45PM

powerlifer Wrote:
> Im still interested in what part you dont believe
> rocketship,

Which is why I abandoned my efforts in the candida thread. You just weren't thinking outside the box and I was wasting my time.

Date: January 09, 2011 06:55PM

RocketShip Wrote:
> powerlifer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Im still interested in what part you dont
> believe
> > rocketship,
>
> Which is why I abandoned my efforts in the candida
> thread. You just weren't thinking outside the box
> and I was wasting my time.

Again like the last thread you havent listed where my thinking's were incorrect, your main issue was because i didnt pander my every need to dig out links to support it for you. I have no time or care to do this, you either research what im taking my own time to write out of the benefits of others, or you dismiss or agree with it.

But if you do dismiss id like to know why in this case?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2011 06:56PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: January 09, 2011 07:01PM

i think it's fine for two or more people to disagree.

Date: January 09, 2011 07:04PM

Utopian Life Wrote:
> i think it's fine for two or more people to
> disagree.

So do i but in most cases when someone disagrees they give reason to why they do other than just because they do.

Date: January 09, 2011 07:09PM

You can give a man a fish or you can teach a man to fish. I tried teaching. I failed. *sobb*

winking smiley

Date: January 09, 2011 07:14PM

RocketShip Wrote:
> You can give a man a fish or you can teach a man
> to fish. I tried teaching. I failed. *sobb*
>
> winking smiley

Again this is an extremely poor response all im asking for is your reasons why you dont support such knowledge that is very basic human biology at best.

Time and time again you respond with no real reason to why you dislike it other than because im posting it.

Date: January 09, 2011 07:19PM

And you continue not posting source links...

Date: January 09, 2011 07:23PM

RocketShip Wrote:
> And you continue not posting source links...

Your waiving what im saying only strengthens my thoughts that you dont really have any real issue with what im posting, and again comes down to the links.

I could post wikipedia for you, it contains the most basic knowledge about candida, any basic human biology book that covers gut flora teaches these basics, i still have a few in my loft i can dig out if its that much of an issue that you cant search yourself via google like the rest of us?

Again for the 50th time what points do you not agree with my "theory"?, which isnt a theory its merely how humans function sadly im no guru with special theories that make little scientific sense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2011 07:24PM by powerlifer.

Date: January 09, 2011 07:26PM

Sorry mate not going down that path with you again.

Date: January 09, 2011 07:30PM

RocketShip Wrote:
> Sorry mate not going down that path with you
> again.

Ill take that as a conclusion that you really had no issue with my points then man from the startsmiling smiley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2011 07:30PM by powerlifer.

Date: January 09, 2011 07:34PM

Honestly, it's really not necessary to be argumentative and make inflammatory conclusions based on someone's unwillingness to post back and forth on the internet.

Date: January 09, 2011 07:36PM

Utopian Life Wrote:
> Honestly, it's really not necessary to be
> argumentative and make inflammatory conclusions
> based on someone's unwillingness to post back and
> forth on the internet.

inflammatory lol are you joking no one has been rude here either way, rocket has said he doesnt support my theories which is fine, all id like to know is why he doesnt, i dont like many theories i here on these forums i at least back it with reasons.

Date: January 09, 2011 07:39PM

oh, okay, i see you edited your post to be less argumentative.

Date: January 09, 2011 07:44PM

Utopian Life Wrote:
> oh, okay, i see you edited your post to be less
> argumentative.

I didnt edit anything other than spelling and that was a post back, again debate is healthy which is what is happening here. Maybe i can learn from what rocket believes my theories are wrong, but im getting none of that here from him/her.

Ill ask for a final time why rocket thinks what im saying isnt correct?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables